1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by r6hokie, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Nov 30, 2016 at 3:15 AM
    90yota

90yota Instagram: 90_yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dixon, CA/Truckee,CA
    Vehicle:
    88 T4R / 15 F350
    Stock....ish
    Run 275s. My buddy is running the same tire on his ome lift and has no issues with rubbing. Being that yours is a pro and has an extra 1in lift you should be fine. Anything bigger and you'll run into rubbing issues. Also stay away from trick trucks. Ridiculously over priced. 4 wheel parts has decent deals all the time and have a shop in Richmond that would be able to mount and balance.

Shake[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Nov 30, 2016 at 2:15 PM
    CanisLupus

CanisLupus Member since 2011

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Stokesdale | NC
    Vehicle:
    ‘19 Honda Civic Hatchback
    Should clear under normal driving conditions, large speed bumps, etc might be a different story. Might rub a little.

They should fit in the stock location, you may have to bang out the little "wings" that center the tire if 3rd gens have the same setup as 2nd gens. Don't worry, it literally takes less than a minute with a small sledge if you need to do it, easy.

Matt

ready6delta and Shake[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Nov 30, 2016 at 3:57 PM
    Ryan.orr87

Ryan.orr87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dang it's been a minute since I've been on here! Hope everyone else had a great Thanksgiving and gained a few pounds so I won't look so out of place! o_O

4. Nov 30, 2016 at 8:56 PM
    Bierun

Bierun Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Springfield, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Magnetic Grey
    K&N Cold Air Intake
  5. Nov 30, 2016 at 8:57 PM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    Im interested in the glove box organizer and the console organizer. Can you PM me what you are looking for, for those??

6. Nov 30, 2016 at 9:14 PM
    fatfurious2

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    @Coot83

7. Dec 1, 2016 at 5:41 AM
    Blze001

Blze001 Breaks things.

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCSB
    Question for anyone in/around the beltway: how do you guys work on your trucks? Seems like every apartment complex/neighborhood in this town screams at you for so much as replacing a headlight. I want to put in a new leaf pack, but really don't want to fork out 2-300 bucks for something I can do myself just fine. This town seems baffled by the thought than anyone would want to do something themselves instead of paying to have it done.

8. Dec 1, 2016 at 5:52 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    I live in an apartment as well, but lately I have been going to other members houses to work on stuff. Not sure if anyone would want to volunteer their spot, but I got no problem helping you install the leaf if you need an extra hand. @fatfurious2 @Lots2Learn58

On the other hand my rents live in Vienna so we could wrench on shit there if you would want to make the trek out there.

Coot

fatfurious2 likes this.
  9. Dec 1, 2016 at 5:54 AM
    fatfurious2

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    I can help you. Im in Ashburn. Have done many an install in my driveway or in the street. As long as it's done in a day, I think im ok. No one has complained to me.

But also, I dislike working in the cold. I cant fit anything in my garage

10. Dec 1, 2016 at 5:58 AM
    Ryan.orr87

Member:
    Communists!

11. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:08 AM
    DOUBLLD

DOUBLLD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Bluemont, VA
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma LS Swap Twin Turbo
    Alot
    i know you said you dont want to pay but i do alot of work for guys here. i do it out of my shop and hook the guys up with good prices

12. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:19 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deeper in the South…….
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road Premium 4R
    going to be fun!
    My HOA and some of my Apt managers HATED me with a passion and rightfully so.....

One HOA had these rules that we had to maintain a 3 inch gap between the sidewalk and grass and I would have no part of it as I think a one inch gap was better and less work. Well, that was a no go for one HOA commie loving fuck wad! So when I was out of town one week for work. I mowed the yard so the grass would not be 10 inches high when i got back this is Fl where the grass grows like weeds. I did not edge because it didn't need it in my opinion. I get home 3 am from my trip I have this notice of violation on my door from the HOA Attorneys that reads..

Dear occupant of 54201 West Lee Court,

You are in violation of Article IV. Section 2 paragraph 3 Yard Appearance regulations with proper edging and trimming etc:

Well, at 3 am and a few drinks into he AM that didn't go over to well. So I thought a visit was in order to fuck wads house @ 3 am to explain my reasoning on my choice NOT to edge my sidewalk area. He didn't agree so I told him it was a pleasure to speak with him on this matter. I then walked back home only to have the police show up at my door as commander fuck wad called them to file a complaint of trespassing.. Hmmm I said how can I trespass in a common area? the officer looked at me said you know what you're right these are common areas under Fl our HOA laws. He then goes back over to he fuck wads house @ 4 am and explains to him the laws of the Association.

This sets off a flurry of attacks at my unit as there was a law about mini blinds,verticals and window coverings etc that they tried to invoke and I had no part of the either. Then they tried to say that my roof needed to be replaced so I pressured washed it looked like new nope that wasn't good enough they tried to foreclose on my unit went to court and we SMOKED the HOA's ass and they had to pay me $4,500 bucks then got a restraining order on commander fuck wad as he continued to walk around my unit taking pictures....

And in the end after about 11 months he died of heart failure karma baby!

13. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:22 AM
    Truggin

Truggin What a long, strange trip it's been

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    39.15737720308645, -77.92212986904099
    Vehicle:
    Black 2016 TRD Sport V6 4x4 Access Cab
    It's a work in progress. See my build thread.
    Anyone care to guess why I bought a house in the country????

:D:thumbsup::D

chiefcrunchy and DOUBLLD like this.
  14. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:32 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Haha atleast God didn't forget about that SOB!

My rents used to live in a HOA community and since they only had retired annoying idiots who ran it they approached my old man since he was an experienced Civil engineer. The initial hope was that he might be able to bridge the gap between what was functional for the HOA rules and maybe implement some newer standards as the community tried to retain its 1970 look. After about 6 months the head of the HOA, whom was a retired grandma was giving my pops shit for not giving out enough certifications for dumb shit like trashcans not being put away and stuff. My old man still works to this day and stated he simply didn't have time for that sort of stuff and wanted to create a trusting community instead of the later where the HOA is just another thorn in everyone's ass. Less than a year my pops put in his resignation as the HOA in his mind was deemed unfit for his participation and would rather choose to not be involved.

What is ironic is many times the HOA communities seem to staff people that many of the rules created were originally intended for. Then the unfortunate members that don't know the rules down to the T get the book thrown at them the minute they make a controversial mistake because the HOA would rather get their money in fines instead of just being a friendly neighbor. I know HOAs can help market values, but they are such a pain in the ass.

Coot

15. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:33 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    So you can sex farm animals in private??? :notsure:

16. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:33 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    We weren't born yesterday Truggin...FOR MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coot

Ryan.orr87 likes this.
  17. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:38 AM
    Ryan.orr87

Member:
    It's not country unless you have some land for us to come shoot on!

quis23 and chiefcrunchy like this.
  18. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:40 AM
    Truggin

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    Dam... I've been discovered.

:anonymous:

chiefcrunchy and TacoCat like this.
  19. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:41 AM
    Truggin

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    Do. But need to wait for the renter to move out, and then may need to talk to the farmer that owns surrounding fields.

quis23 and chiefcrunchy like this.
  20. Dec 1, 2016 at 6:46 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deeper in the South…….
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road Premium 4R
    going to be fun!
    I am all for the rules that work but when you try and enforce stupid shit like grass edging and trimming and not having the right color or slat sized blinds in your windows etc it's on...

Our current HOA where I live now goes by the state standard laws which is fine and then we have meetings and vote on other issues that pop up and address them as needed with fairness to the situation. I am so glad I don't live in phase 2 of our development because they have some real fucking issues and idiots that live other there..

chiefcrunchy likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top