1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Northern Virginia Roll Call

Discussion in 'Virginia' started by r6hokie, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Feb 22, 2017 at 5:06 AM
    greengen1

greengen1 upside down in a Taco at 55mph

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Frederick,Md.
    Vehicle:
    99 4runner /2012 Tundra
    3inch Toytec lift ,285/75/16 ,elocker with stock 4.30 gears ,CB ,4ft firestik ,mag lite mount ,roof basket with shovel mounted ,Ultra gauge.And other stuff.
    There is some truth to this

2. Feb 22, 2017 at 5:15 AM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    Lets plan for Sunday. And we can try to get as much done as possible.

I don't have an air gun, but i do have an electric impact than can help us. And i am currently borrowing my neighbor's torque wrench, so I have that too

TacoCat[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Feb 22, 2017 at 5:34 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    I have 1/2" torque wrench, 20v impact and accessories (does pretty well), jack (heavy as hell though, so if you have one I'll leave mine at home), jackstands, 35mm hub nut impact socket, breaker bar. IIRC the front diff has a weird hex head bolt in the filler hole similar to a torx, I have a set of those I can bring.

Do you need a pan to catch the diff oil? Jugs to pour the old stuff into? Wheel chocks (not sure if your driveway is level)? I'm sure I'll think of more that we'll need once I look around the garage.

4. Feb 22, 2017 at 5:54 AM
    fatfurious2

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    I have a jack, jack stands, and the pan to catch the oil. If you can bring the 35mm, hex bolts, 1/2" torque wrench, and wheel chocks? What about rags and that little plastic baggy thing to stick in the diff? My driveway is mostly level with a slight down grade at the road.

5. Feb 22, 2017 at 6:00 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    Little plastic baggy thing? Are you meaning something to keep debris from falling into the diff? If so, we can just use a clean rag

fatfurious2[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Feb 22, 2017 at 6:09 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Dude I want to check out your spot sometime. Would be cool to learn more about kayaking as I have only been once.

Coot

7. Feb 22, 2017 at 6:10 AM
    DanDiggity

DanDiggity Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM DCSB OR
    Hello folks. I was wondering, do any of you guys have Mobtown sliders at a 20 degree angle? I would like to see what they are in person before I jump into the Group Buy.

chiefcrunchy likes this.
  8. Feb 22, 2017 at 6:11 AM
    fatfurious2

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    I have them I think. They are not the flat ones

9. Feb 22, 2017 at 6:15 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    TC 3.5 LT, RCV axles, Demello sliders, BD light bar/fogs, LP6, DMZ rear, SOS skids, custom bumper, King 16" triples, Locked-on hydro rear bumps...
    Hell yea I agree. I work in DC so I see all of them at their finest here. As others have said, the foreigners cause a lot of disruption in the flow causing drivers to make aggressive maneuvers to get somewhere in a decent timeframe.

The differentiation between VA and MD is not easy to notice. To me, the VA driver will pull ballsy shit and chance things to get where they are. What is scary about the MD guy is they do the same thing, but seem to be oblivious to the fact that they almost wrecked themselves along with a few others. Because of this, their maneuvers are poorly planned, horribly timed and tend to cut it REALLY close when they pull it off at the luxury of the other drivers looking out for HIM.

Probably the scariest thing was seeing a MD guy cut 6 lanes of traffic at a moderate slow speed to get off an exit from the far left lane and didn't realize about 5 separate cars almost killed him. Because of that, when I cross the MD side I def keep my guard way up.

Coot

10. Feb 22, 2017 at 6:43 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deeper in the South…….
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road Premium 4R
    going to be fun!
    This is the reason I wish I drove a beater so I could just plow into these fuckwads. Back when I was in my 20's I drove a POS 1970 Olds 88 that I plowed into some douche bag with a new Mercedes with temp tags as he did almost the same thing going across 3 lanes of traffic on I-4 in rush hour..

8K in damage to his car and all I had was a headlight/fender and bumper that needed replace I just took the cash fixed the HL and drove it for another 3 years ....

[​IMG]

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Feb 22, 2017 at 6:45 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    Dude I need to find me a 70's boat and do that. Would be hilarious to see some dip shit wreck their stuff and Im like..."damn I really was attached to that headlight."

Coot

ready6delta and fatfurious2 like this.
  12. Feb 22, 2017 at 6:55 AM
    90yota

90yota Instagram: 90_yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Dixon, CA/Truckee,CA
    Vehicle:
    88 T4R / 15 F350
    Stock....ish
    I just noticed you changed your truck to half ass LT bro! :rofl:

Coot83[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Feb 22, 2017 at 7:00 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    That was the first thing I did when I went LT! RESPECT!

Coot

14. Feb 22, 2017 at 7:22 AM
    chiefcrunchy

chiefcrunchy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Between North and South Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '15 DC MGM TRD Sport 4x4 6spd 4.0
    5100s, 885s, deaver AAL, Waiting impatiently to install Demello front bumper, Mobtown sliders & skids, and safari snorkel.
    2nd that.
    IIRC they aren't to aggressive but it doesn't hurt to take another look.

fatfurious2 likes this.
  15. Feb 22, 2017 at 7:55 AM
    Truggin

Truggin What a long, strange trip it's been

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    39.15737720308645, -77.92212986904099
    Vehicle:
    Black 2016 TRD Sport V6 4x4 Access Cab
    It's a work in progress. See my build thread.
  16. Feb 22, 2017 at 8:10 AM
    IPNPULZ

IPNPULZ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Deeper in the South…….
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Off Road Premium 4R
    going to be fun!
    Truggin[QUOTED] and Coot83 like this.
  17. Feb 22, 2017 at 9:23 AM
    fatfurious2

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    Cool truck parked next to me

IMG_5906.jpg

chiefcrunchy likes this.
  18. Feb 24, 2017 at 6:09 AM
    Mr. Projekt

Mr. Projekt Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 DCLB TRD-OR 4x4 Army Green
    That's not too bad at all. What's the zip code I should be looking at for that area? I would like to keep my budget less than 400k if possible

Yea, it's looking like we are gonna be looking at a little older home than that which sucks, because my house in Denver was built in 2012... and newer homes are so much more efficient.

I'm not stuck in NOVA, but I am a Virginia native, I know the gun laws here, and all of my family is in Va Beach and all of my wife's family is in Warrenton and Ashburn, hence why we were looking in the Ashburn area. But we are open to Maryland as well. I was looking in the Charles county area near Accokeek or western Waldorf.

Side note: we are officially in VA!

Another side note: So an interesting story about why I might end up in jail for murder: (warning, long post.)

I shipped my Tacoma myself a couple weeks ago so would be there by the time I got here.

The Driver for the shipping company screwed up the address and thought it was getting delivered to Virginia Beach and not Northern Virginia.

He calls me and tells me the best he can do is Richmond.

I told him that's not acceptable he needs to deliver it to the address on the contract. I called The shipping company corporate office and they completely agreed with me and said they would fix it.

The driver called me today and said "I dropped it off at a towing facility in Richmond if you want to come get it"

So naturally I lost my shit on him. And I called The corporate office again and they are basically firing the driver because apparently this is t the first issue they have had with him. But meanwhile my truck is at some shit hole towing yard in Richmond Virginia until Saturday which is the soonest that they could get it up to Northern Virginia. I am beyond pissed And the shipping company is saying that they don't want to pay the cost of my rental truck for 3 days because it was a SUB CONTRACTOR'S error and not theirs.

Oh well.... how's everyone else's morning going?

19. Feb 24, 2017 at 6:15 AM
    fatfurious2

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    damn thats crazy! hope you get your truck back without anymore problems. Richmond can be sketchy. I havent been there in years.

Luckily Saturday is tomorrow.

chiefcrunchy and Coot83 like this.
  20. Feb 24, 2017 at 6:16 AM
    Coot83

Coot83 DORKEL NATION

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Scottsdale, Az
    Vehicle:
    2012 Baja TX
    I like those moves man, sounds like you got in the last word on that one. With that being said, I would be livid about paying anything for that. The worker was known for operating under his "own agenda" instead of meeting the requirements of the job assigned, yet the company still employed him. At a minimum, your prep and planning are forfeit due to this worker's personal decisions, and NOW they want you to compensate them for his continuing mistakes?

Firing is the first step to righting this action for the benefit of the company and to alleviate this issue from repeating itself. To hold you accountable for a problem that shouldn't of been there is bullshit. Furthermore, at a minimum they should meet their "agreed requirements" before ANY additional compensation is made, or to me that is false advertising. Hopefully you keep the hammer going.

On a side note, kick ass you are here! If it makes you feel any better, I wont get my truck to later on next week! Atleast we still got legs!

Coot

Products Discussed in

To Top