1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Not a Newb Spring question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wtacob, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Apr 1, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    wtacob

wtacob [OP] New Member

Member:
    Charleston, Sc
    Vehicle:
    TRD Prerunner SR5
    New to the site. So heres the deal. Bought a used 08 TRD Prerunner DC Taco about a year ago and I've read up on the spring TSB. I go out today to see if I need it. My plan was to get an add a leaf from All Pro because I was pretty sure mine needed it because it rides real bad when loaded, even at only 300lbs. So I look and apparently the previouse owners idea of a leveling kit was to remove a leaf. Yes I have only 2 leaves and the overload spring. My question is since the stealership wants 625 per spring and I have 75K on her and warrenty will not cover, can anyone recomend an aftermarket spring pack with little or no lift. I'm happy with the stance of the truck as it is. Holy run on sentences batman. Thanks

2. Apr 1, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    wtacob

wtacob [OP] New Member

Member:
    Charleston, Sc
    Vehicle:
    TRD Prerunner SR5
    Thanks. It just looked like the spring clamps had enough room for another leaf. Never seen a truck with that few leaves. Used to 3/4 and 1 tons at work and only had 1/2 tons on my own. Thanks again.

3. Apr 1, 2011 at 12:29 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T Quite an experience to live in fear , isn't it ?

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    As above , 2 leaves and an overload is the stock US truck set up .

4. Apr 1, 2011 at 2:41 PM
    wtacob

wtacob [OP] New Member

Member:
    Charleston, Sc
    Vehicle:
    TRD Prerunner SR5
    Thanks for the quick reply. I went out and jacked the body up 1 1/2 in and it looked good. I guess the 75k springs had sagged a little and an add a leaf will be perfect. Thanks again for the help.

To Top