1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

not correct lug nuts for pro comp 7089

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by vicstacoma, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Jan 23, 2010 at 6:05 PM

vicstacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    First Name:
    Santa Maria, CA
    2000 Sr5 4x4
    Air raid cold air intake, procomp 7089 16x8 wheels, bf goodrich all terrain ko 265/75r16. Toytec 3" lift kit. Power slot rotors with posiquiet ceramics pads. Diff breather mod. LR Upper Control Arms.
    so i did some research here on TW to make sure I ordered the correct lug nuts for some pro comp 7089 wheels I bought... I searched for a while and most people said this was the correct lug nuts they were using.21138etxl.http://www.gorilla-auto.com/small.di....locks.page_13 . ordered them and had my wheels and new tires installed on my tacoma... after install everything felt fine. drove a few miles then started feeling vibrations,, took it back to tire shop and they said lug nuts had came a little loose so they re-tightened and torqued everything and i was good to go. after driving for about half an hour i heard a really low noise coming from two of my wheels so i took it back in.. they told me they couldn't hear anything so i left. next day i kept hearing noise getting loouder so i took it back in and they finally heard noise..they took wheels off and in the process of doing so a few studs came out with lug nut. the other studs that didn't come out were crossthreaded or damaged in some way. now i will have to order the correct lug nuts and replace all of my studs... this really sucks. Lug nuts are a bit too long and don't sit properly like they should. good thing i caught this before i lost a couple wheels on the freeway.
To Top