1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Not shifting into Park

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by kelch89, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dec 7, 2010 at 3:37 PM
    kelch89

kelch89 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    brad
    washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 sr5
    all blacked out, hid headlights, debadged, 3 inc lift aal. looking for more cool stuff
    so today i was pulling into my parking lot at work, i pressed the brake and shifted into park. i took my foot off the brake and my truck lurched forward into a tahoe. no real damage and i talked to the owner of the tahoe. all is good, except im wondering if anyone has this issues or reccomendations? oh its a 4cyl auto btw

2. Dec 7, 2010 at 3:40 PM
    kelch89

Member:
    First Name:
    brad
    washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 sr5
    all blacked out, hid headlights, debadged, 3 inc lift aal. looking for more cool stuff
    yeah i know i was like wtf? i looked down and it was in P so i was pretty pissed. now im just worried about my "baby"

3. Dec 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM
    kelch89

Member:
    First Name:
    brad
    washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 sr5
    no i tried to get it to do it again, but it wouldnt. im just worried ill forget about it then itll happen again or something. i thought about taking it back to the dealership and having them check it out. it sucks too cause it dented my bull bar lol

4. Dec 7, 2010 at 3:46 PM
    ckeeton

ckeeton Bazinga

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Duluth, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC Trd Sport Gray
    trd sport with avid off road light bar, avid rock sliders. OEM roof rack, 12' LED light bar, and Sock monkey decals.
    i would def take it back to them and tell them what happened and have them just check everything since one its brand new, shouldnt do that. and two still got warranty left

5. Dec 7, 2010 at 3:48 PM
    kelch89

Member:
    First Name:
    brad
    washington
    Vehicle:
    2011 sr5
    yeah ill take it back and have em give it the once over. i was just curious if anyone else had experinced this issue before. thnx for the advice guys. might be cool to say my taco got a golf ball size dent on the bull bar but the tahoe got two baseball size dents on the bumper lol guess yota's dont like tahoe's

To Top