1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

not sure what i want to do, give me your input!

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by Taco505, Apr 1, 2011.

?

which would you choose?

Poll closed May 1, 2011.
  1. motorcycle triumph street triple type r

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. 4runner 90's model

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. classic car

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. your stupid dont get anything

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Apr 1, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    Alright so here is the deal and the reason id like your input.

This summer id really like to buy another mode of transportation and this is what i am debating on and in no particular order.

1st- i am thinking about getting my 1st motorcycle i have been looking at and am very interested in the triumph street triple. i would like one because gas is getting crazy again like it does every summer so itll save me some money there hopefully because ill manly use it for school and work. i can afford payments on a new triumph street triple type r plus insurance (just liability i dont have 3 grand a year to shell out for full coverage haha) also it would be nice to be able to take off on a "ride" if i feel like it.

2nd- i used to have an 89 4runner which i sold because it was a little more than i could handle. so i absolutely miss the 4x4 and the room have been thinking of another 4runner prob a 90's model. I can find a nice used one locally for a good price. so the 4runner id use for camping, hauling around my pup, off roading, and well room for friends all stuff that is a little difficult now because i have a single cab taco haha.

3rd- a classic car something like a chevy nova, plymouth fury, chevy malibu/chevelle. basically a project car something i can work on with friends or my father.

--------------
    so the cons,

1st- the bike, id only be able to ride it seasonally because ima a puss and prob wouldnt ride it during the winter here, i could possibly get hurt, could turn into a money pitt as in doing mods, lastly leaves me with just the single cab taco which is a pain space wise sometimes.

2nd- the runner. will definitely turn into a money pitt haha, i could end up buying a lemon, also a reason for not wanting to buy a 4runner is because in the next year or two i will be out of college and plan on trading in my taco for another taco with 4doors haha so i dont want to be stuck with 2 trade ins or trying to sell one all though i could keep it as a trail rig, and the last one gas can get expensive

3rd- the classic car. all though id love to have one and fix one up i think this is the least likely choice. its gonna cost a lot of money, it may turn into a lost cause, and its gonna take a lot of time depending on the condition of the car, and who knows maybe no one will want to help me work on it haha.

----------
    so there are my choices and reasonings for each. sorry it was so damn long i still have more to say about all of them i just dont want you guys to have to read a novel. so im just asking for some input on what you guys would do, whats the best choice? any experience? or m i just completely retarded? haha anyway thanks in advance.

2. Apr 1, 2011 at 11:34 PM
    S.B.

S.B. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    15 Taco
    LT, Glass, CBI Front bumper, NWTI Rear bumper, 35s
    If I were to get a project car I would go with a 67-69 Camaro.

3. Apr 1, 2011 at 11:38 PM
    cantac09

cantac09 Official TW Igloo Builder

Member:
    First Name:
    Hugh Jass
    Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    tundra
    stock
    i'd go with the bike.

4. Apr 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    The Triple has a crazy-powerful motor (my brother had a Speed Triple). It might be the ONLY thing you wouldn't have to sink more money into, but a 4x4 would be fun...

Just ride safe, and with gear at all times.

5. Apr 1, 2011 at 11:44 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    idk why but im not into camaros much but i really like the cars i listed just because i think they look really clean if done right.

i think that is what i am leaning toward haha

ya im lookin at the street, the speed is sweet as hell but i dont need a 1000cc bike for my 1st one haha but your right i have rode one before amazing bike. and absolutely dont wana kill me self and wouldnt be doing anything stupid

6. Apr 2, 2011 at 12:07 AM
    mac360

mac360 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Long Beach, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma OR DC LB
    Pro grille, GoodYear duratrac 265/75R16, Method Nv, Cbi front bumper , Icon stage 3 w/RXT leaf pack
    IMHO.. You keep mentioning spending money and being expensive .. And if this is the case remember to equate this into your spending because in the long run you may be spending more then you think on something else.. Just my two cents..

Products Discussed in

To Top