1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Notice of SiriusXM Canada class proceeding certification

Discussion in 'Canada' started by DrewMaca, May 10, 2021.

1. May 10, 2021 at 9:04 AM
    DrewMaca

DrewMaca [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 4x4 Double Cab
    I got an email a few weeks ago about this lawsuit. I am currently a Sirius XM subscriber, and have been for the past 5 years. I like the content and the varied options of Sirius XM.

But with this lawsuit = I read the 4 or 5 page summary and I can't make sense of it. Maybe its a Monday morning brain fog I have - but I'm not making sense of it or why I'd stay in the lawsuit or opt out of participating in the lawsuit. I understand that I could opt out if I wanted because I don't want to see the lawyers get their $ from the settlement - but what are the plaintiffs entitled to get from staying in?

From what I gather it is about the collection of personal information of subscribers, yet there is no evidence that subscribers data has been used incorrectly....

Anyone? Anyone?

2. May 10, 2021 at 9:17 AM
    wiljayhi

wiljayhi 1. I don’t know … 2. I don’t care

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Murky Water, MB, eh?
    Vehicle:
    ‘18 ORSB, Tuned
    I’m subscribed to Sirius XM but don’t recall getting any notice of a class action. Any news reports? Haven’t seen a thing.

3. May 10, 2021 at 9:25 AM
    FastEddy59

FastEddy59 TTC #0061

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Smack, Dab in the middle of Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    '13 Barc. Red Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Rigid 23004 Radiance light bar Cheap 3K 18W LED Fogs General AT-2's Pioneer AVH4200NEX w/ iDatalink JL XD5003V2 Focal 165KRX2's JL 10TW3 Arcticstart 803
    All I know is when I see Sirius XM I don’t walk away. I Run as fast as I can. Sketchiest Outfit I’ve ever dealt with.

ontarioyota likes this.
  4. May 10, 2021 at 11:37 AM
    weight

weight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2018 Manual Double Cab Short Box
    I got the email. I've attached it below if anyone is interested in reading it:

Dear Listener,

Re: Notice of SiriusXM Canada class proceeding certification

Le français suit.

You are receiving this note because you may have received services from Sirius XM Canada Inc. in the past, including satellite radio trials associated with a vehicle. The Ontario Superior Court of Justice has certified a class action—for the purpose of settlement—against SiriusXM Canada. The class includes anyone in Canada who received services from SiriusXM Canada when that person purchased, leased or obtained servicing for a vehicle equipped with a satellite radio receiver or similar device.

Please note that there has been no breach of security of your personal information and no further action is required on your part.This notice was required to be sent by the Court as part of the Class Certification process. If you have already requested to not receive marketing communications from SiriusXM Canada Inc., you do not need to make your request again.

In all the circumstances, the lawyers acting for the class have determined that SiriusXM Canada’s policies and procedures are adequate and there is no known evidence that any members of the class have suffered any damages. The plaintiff’s lawyers have found no evidence that any class member’s data has been breached or is at risk.The lawyers acting for the class have therefore concluded that the settlement is fair and in the best interests of the class.

The proposed settlement of the class proceeding is a compromise of disputed claims and it is not an admission of liability, wrongdoing, or fault on the part of SiriusXM Canada or any of its corporate affiliates.

You can learn more about our privacy policy at https://www.siriusxm.ca/privacy-policy/ or by writing to our privacy officer at privacy@siriusxm.ca

You can find more information about the class proceeding and the proposed settlement in the court-ordered notice to class members: www.siriusxm.ca/CertificationNotice

The court-ordered notice may affect your legal rights. The notice explains class members’ legal rights, including their right to opt-out of the class proceeding if they do not want to participate, as well as their right to object to the settlement.

If you have any questions or concerns about the class proceeding, opting out of the class proceeding, or objecting to the settlement, you can contact the lawyers acting for the class at SiriusXM.settlement@ricohediscovery.com

If you have questions about your SiriusXM Canada service, please contact us at SXMservice@siriusxm.ca

5. May 19, 2021 at 6:45 PM

604 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2002 Lincoln Navigator V8
    hmm cool, let see what the response is on here. no clue though

Products Discussed in

To Top