1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nov. 5th Shawnigan drive

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Tarik, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Nov 3, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    covefrog08

covefrog08 swollen member

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 w/west coast pin-striping
    devil horns, weather tech floor mats, Camo seat cover, window visors, premier deck w/ 6 speakers and sub, checker plate tool box, diff breather relocate, Mag light & Fire Extinguisher behind seat
    This is very true there is a way around everything. And the last obsticle that we have to go through if the gate is locked. Can be modified with a bit of digging and rock moving so a van could get through

2. Nov 3, 2011 at 7:36 PM
    Tarik

Tarik [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    coverfrog08 - I'm still in too and looking forward to it.
    One suggestion - for those of us not as mod heavy, nor willing to damage things, lets try and stick to something somewhat 'easy' this time around so that we can get a large turnout. Or if, like I mentioned above, we have options as we move in to the trails you've suggested here.
    DBP mentioned some trails that were easy with sweet scenery - it's worth discussing I think. Are those trails near Shawnigan so as not to de-rail the original plan by too much? Could those trails be an option too?
    I'm bringing food, a cooler with some drinks and camping gear in the off chance I decide to rough it in the freezing cold temps lol!
    Everyone should come! We'll accommodate the crew-what's important is we all meet up this first time (including you Nick!...you're going to be "sick" on Saturday :D).

3. Nov 3, 2011 at 7:55 PM
    Toyoghi

Toyoghi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shoghi
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab
    Solid tri-fold Tonneau, Deezee Bed mat, Pop n Lock.
    You're awesome!!! I would have never thought you all would be so nice!! I'm very impressed :D

I am scheduled to work this Sat night, and I am coming from Mission, BC... So about an hour away from Van. Which I would be more than happy to do, I just don't think I can get away from work with such short notice. But I really really want to meet all you guys, and get out into the trails. When will you guys do your next meet? Even if it's just a couple of us I'd love to get out there when I have a little extra notice to organize work, or if you guys want to make a road trip out to Mission there is some trails at Davis Lake and Stave!

Again I really appreciate the support, and a "mod day" would be amazing one day, when I save up enough money! , since I don't know very much about trucks and would way rather learn then have someone else do it.I would owe you guys BIG time if you were able to help me out... I could even pay you guys, or buy you beeers :D

4. Nov 3, 2011 at 8:01 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Spidertrax wheel spacers Avid bed rack Avid sliders 285/75/16 BFG KO2 Black vent rings TRD red start button Screen protection ProComp 3.5 lift
    No sweat man, we'll catch you next time!
    I anticipate we'll be doing this more and more :thumbsup:

5. Nov 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    Taco13

Taco13 Goldmember

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Victoria, BC CANADA
    Vehicle:
    Red09
    Aftermarket: Goodyear Wrangler Duratrak (285/70R17) on Black Ion 179s, Toytec Ultimate Lift Kit with AAL & Rancho 9000 on the rear, Front Window Tint, Lund Challenger Black Cargo Box, Redline Tuning Quicklift Elite Hood lifts, Redline Tuning Tailgate EZ Down, ScanGuage II, Kenwood DNX8120 with Nav, Tuffy Bed Security Lockbox, 4x4 light switch mod, tailgate clamp mod, Viper Alarm/Remote Start, AFE Cold Air Intake, 115vAC & 12vDC outlets in rear of armrest, 400w all the time mod, Weather Tech floor mats, 3C Maglight clamped to seat adjust bar, Scuba Mod (rear diff, transfer case & auto trans relocated to inside of bed tool box) OEM: Leather Heated Seats, Roof Rack, Bed Mat, Cartridge style Block Heater Wish List: Relentless Fab front bumper and sliders, Warn 9.5XP, front and rear ARB air lockers
    I'm going to bring a buddy with me, a fellow taco owner. His is totally stock and still fairly new, so he's not keen to bash it to heavy. I'm not so picky, but we can all take it easy, this time!!

We're both located in Esq/Vic, so we're meeting at the Timmy's by the Future Shop/Home Depot. How many others are meeting there?

6. Nov 3, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    covefrog08

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    devil horns, weather tech floor mats, Camo seat cover, window visors, premier deck w/ 6 speakers and sub, checker plate tool box, diff breather relocate, Mag light & Fire Extinguisher behind seat
    on page 2 DBP suggested a place up island more which i'm guessing will be the next wheelin trip no planned date. I have been out to davis lake and i would love to go there again. if other tw members would be into a trip over there id go in a heart beat.

7. Nov 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    covefrog08

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    i'll be there around 7:45, i'm also bringing another truck with me he is a good campin/wheelin friend even though he drives a ford :facepalm: he will be meeting us in shawnigan at the subway for 9

8. Nov 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM
    covefrog08

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    I anyone Camping over night? :cheers: + :drunk: + :bananadead:

9. Nov 3, 2011 at 9:17 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Sounds like everyone so far is meeting at the Tim Hortons posted on the first page....meaning we can decide then exactly where to go. I think we can gauge this by interest and by how people are feeling about things when we meet up at 8 (7:45 for you Phil!).
    Our original plan is fairly laid back, but it does involve a drive and a whole bunch to Tacomas at this point (WOOHOO!!!).

Phil-shoot me over the address of the Subway.
    That's going to be the meeting spot for north people, 9am.

10. Nov 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Hey man can you get me an address for that Subway? I'll post it up on the first post as meeting location for northern people.

11. Nov 3, 2011 at 9:19 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Totally considering it.
    I'm bringing my gear and basically every blanket in my house, so that should cut it - lol...in case I'm crazy enough to ruf it.

12. Nov 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM
    covefrog08

Member:
    Vancouver Island- Canada
    Vehicle:
    you can ruff it if you want im camping in style :D i'll even have the french press for coffee in the morning..

p.s. the address for the shawnigan lake subway location meet
    1770 Shawnigan, Mill Bay
    Shawnigan Lake, British Columbia V8R 6N4
    Phone: 250-743-3788

13. Nov 3, 2011 at 10:41 PM
    Toyoghi

Toyoghi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shoghi
    Calgary, AB
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab
    Solid tri-fold Tonneau, Deezee Bed mat, Pop n Lock.

Okay that sounds awesome, keep me in the loop, and i'll plan my schedule around the next one.

We should try and organize a Davis one after you guys are done this one, i'm sure we could get lots of people in the lower mainland out as well

14. Nov 4, 2011 at 1:20 AM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    hahah k like i said i will try!

15. Nov 4, 2011 at 4:45 PM
    qwertypepper

qwertypepper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cam
    canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD sport dclb
    i will be meeting up at the tim hortons/future shop. will a full tank of gas be enough? should i bring a jerrycan just be be safe?

16. Nov 4, 2011 at 4:46 PM
    qwertypepper

qwertypepper Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cam
    canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD sport dclb
    i will be meeting up at the tim hortons/future shop. will a full tank of gas be enough? should i bring a jerrycan just be be safe?

17. Nov 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    I was thinking of bringing an empty gas canister in case, but I think it's overkill...I say top off right before we hit the trail.

18. Nov 4, 2011 at 7:41 PM
    Tarik

Member:
    San Diego California
    Looking like 37 and rain for tomorrow night. I'll still bring my camping gear but rain and cold....eh, not extremely appealing.

19. Nov 4, 2011 at 8:08 PM
    NFK

NFK Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    how many peeps do we have coming?

20. Nov 4, 2011 at 8:51 PM
    DBP

DBP Stoked Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '97 Ext. Cab 3.4L 4x4 Std.
    Rear Diff Breather, 4" Deckplate, 18" Magnaflow, 2.5"-ish spacer/block lift (I know I know, might do the 63" chevy's soon), Bush Guard rebuilt with Sch40 tubing, Custom 9 layer eggshell paint Greeny-Yellow, Eclipse Components up front getting 55rms/side and 8" sub will get 220rms (build in progress), two sets of snow chains? (unstoppable in the snow with those on!)
    Hey! Those trails (wide roads) I was talking about are up just by Mt. Prevost in Duncan. (start driving up the Prevost rd., then take one of the overgrown roads off to the right from there, and it just opens up into a bunch of never ending clearcuts.)

We can make that our next location, I'm cool with just an easy drive into Bear Creek Res. tomorrow. Never been in there before, but I've heard it is pretty nice! (I'll post up a google map of the logging roads all over Prevost in a sec.)

MEEEEE!! :bananadance:
    (still trying to find someone else to come as a passenger, it appears everyone plans on being quite hungover tomorrow morning... and leaving at 7:20am sounds scary for them... haha :p )

And we'll all swing by a gas station on the way to fill up?

Are we continuing through to Jordan River, or coming back out through Shawnigan? Jerry Can needed?

Products Discussed in

To Top