1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Nova Scotia BS Thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by TacoMitch93, Jun 3, 2014.

1. May 7, 2021 at 7:01 AM
    ravenlord

ravenlord Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Nova Scotia

Ya, I see it get touted as the end all be all surface finish to apply to any steel object. I've got a fair amount of experience with it on a few different cars and overall I cannot say I've been impressed for the cost of it. Especially when Rust check paint is super cheap. Just keep a can of it in the truck and whenever you hit something give it a once over with the spray bomb and she's good to go.

D2.[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. May 22, 2021 at 5:45 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    You guys are lockdown and no ones on here coming up with a big list of future projects? Crazy lol

Canoehead likes this.
  3. May 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM
    Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit Well-Hung Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    NS
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR
    I gotta pay for what I have now! Once I get this year out of the way (fuck COVID btw), then next year is to get ready for camping stuff, cap rails, batwing awning, maybe a 1/2 side bed slide drawer, maybe....

Canoehead likes this.
  4. May 22, 2021 at 6:00 PM
    Canoehead

Canoehead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duncan
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCSB, lots of scratches
    Rearview mirror upside down
    Lockdown = crazy amount of work for me :(

But, I should have an amateur radio license by July and I am installing the radio bit by bit when I get chance...

Fahrenheit likes this.
  5. May 22, 2021 at 6:58 PM
    Fahrenheit

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    NS
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR
    Speaking of a similar topic! I think i want to get one of those Toughbooks, a little 10" one w/ offline GPS, I got to thinking about that techdeck you built which lead me to the on board laptop, it'd save me a TONNE of space on my phone to load music onto that instead. I found a thread on here about a PVC laptop deck/mount using that one, useless cupholder in front of the centre console.

6. May 23, 2021 at 5:59 AM
    ravenlord

ravenlord Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Nova Scotia
    My lockdown project has been a BMW not the truck. I did however get a fancy new welder that also has a plasma cutter built into it, so there may be a bumper or 2 built in the future.

D2. and Canoehead like this.
  7. May 23, 2021 at 6:17 AM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solutionÂ…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    My money went to renewing the plates this week. Expensive stickers!

8. May 23, 2021 at 12:37 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    Stickers are even more expensive here in NB, even a safety sticker costs 55 bucks for 2 years.

My insurance went up this year by almost 40 bucks a month and i didnt even have an accident...apparently rates are just going up...BS if you ask me.

9. May 23, 2021 at 12:43 PM
    FastEddy59

FastEddy59 TTC #0061

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Smack, Dab in the middle of Winnipeg
    Vehicle:
    '13 Barc. Red Tacoma SR5 4X4
    Rigid 23004 Radiance light bar Cheap 3K 18W LED Fogs General AT-2's Pioneer AVH4200NEX w/ iDatalink JL XD5003V2 Focal 165KRX2's JL 10TW3 Arcticstart 803
    We all got rebates. Think we got two even. Idc just make it the right price & be done with it. Said it’s bc nobody’s drivin’.

10. May 23, 2021 at 1:22 PM
    Snowman

Snowman I have a problem for your solutionÂ…

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Somewhere in Canada
    Vehicle:
    Check out my build
    My insurance went up too but I switched to Costco’s broker and saved nearly $400/year over the price my old insurance was asking. I have a membership anyway but even if I didn’t the $60 membership is well worth it to save $400 on insurance.
    All they wanted was an inspection because of the age of my truck. Needed an mvi last month anyway.

D2. likes this.
  11. May 23, 2021 at 9:58 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    Thats the crazy part i have a company vehicle i take home so i dont even have a commute for either of my vehicles. And the truck i have down to 5000kms a year (which is probably a bit high still).

Ill have to check out the costco broker.

12. May 25, 2021 at 6:33 AM
    D2.

D2. Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma - access cab 4x4 2TR-FE
    Cruise Control install. Intermittent wipers Hood lights Bed Lights Sliders 3" lift 886's on Billy 5100's Icon AAL 285/75 R16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W's
    Companies make no sense, Raise the rates because no one's driving?
    they should be going down because of the fewer accidents.

Makes me wonder about mine. It was just renewed in march....I should have looked closer at the price..

Anyhow, I'm stuck on my winch wiring. Took longer then I thought to find and stick the solenoid in a place that I was happy with. Now I'm crimping the winch wires, which is also delayed due to me being a goof and breaking @Canoehead crimper.... Sorry! :oops: Amazon replacement is on its way

My other focus has been on the house, trying to get solar on my roof. Had a heat pump installed a few weeks ago, and also approved a quote on a new concrete driveway, Install a generator hookup to the house, wire in some new overhead lighting in the garage,

The wife also wants a new pantry, Move an outside door to the opposite wall so it faces our deck, Build a little deck for the kids, expand the sand box... :)

always something, but hardly interesting.

I'm excited to get this dang lockdown out of the way and actually see how my lift + Tires + bumper preform in the trails. Maybe now I won't be so chicken. Just yesterday my wife commented on all the scratches on the truck, it had just the right amount of dust on it with the correct angle of the sun to really show all of them.

she ain't pretty no more! :rofl:

Cheers Gents,
    Here's to a brighter tomorrow ( or the day after when I get my first Covid shot:bananadance::dancingbacon::broccoli:)

13. May 25, 2021 at 6:56 AM
    [KD]

[KD] Used Import

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Halifax, NS
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 6MT
    Just realised I haven't been getting notifications in this thread since the end of March, here I thought everyone was just hiding from Covid! I have that Walker muffler here for you still @D2

14. May 25, 2021 at 9:06 AM
    Fahrenheit

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    NS
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR
    Things have been pretty quiet, we don't want to upset any Karen's due to potentially planning an off road get together, since people got publically shamed for 'planning' to get together rather than actually getting together, I've had it with this COVID, on a side note, I hadn't seen @swolbrahammer for forever and a day, pass you twice last week, glad to see you're still around! What's that thing that stands up on your roof rack? My gf was asking me what it was.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  15. May 30, 2021 at 12:57 PM
    TRD S33NO

TRD S33NO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Off-Road
    Trimmed mudflaps, plasti-dipped badges and front emblem, weathertech floormats, stubby antenna, extang trifecta tonneau.
    upload_2021-5-30_16-57-10.jpg Anyone interested in a pair of Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 265/70r16? They have a ton of life left, $150 for the pair OBO need gone. upload_2021-5-30_16-57-10.jpg

Canoehead likes this.
  16. Jun 10, 2021 at 2:29 PM
    Canoehead

Canoehead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duncan
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 DCSB, lots of scratches
    Rearview mirror upside down
    Hi everyone. Phase 2 could be next week...

[KD] and Fahrenheit like this.
  17. Jun 13, 2021 at 3:42 PM
    Fahrenheit

Member:
    First Name:
    Garth
    NS
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR
    Good to meet you @Tertius420! Awesome trails and great views! Looking forward to more outings!!!

I wish we had gotten some video of those mud holes on that last leg before the end, those were amazing!!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    D2., maritimer8 and Tertius420 like this.
  18. Jun 13, 2021 at 4:12 PM
    k.strong

k.strong \m/ (*.*) \m/

Member:
    First Name:
    kirk
    Nova scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma SR5
    Looks like a good time!

D2. and Fahrenheit like this.
  19. Jun 14, 2021 at 5:11 AM
    Tertius420

Tertius420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Annapolis Valley - Nova Scotia - Canada
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tacoma TRD OR AC
    Weathertech floor mats, CaliRaisedLED 30" bumper light bar, CaliRaisedLED Ditch Lights - yet to be installed, CaliRaisedLED 52" Light Bar - not sure if I'm going to install...
    Good times for sure! Good to meet you as well! Can't wait for the next outing! It's really nice to meet a group of people who are into the same kind of trails that I like to do all the time. My only friend who ever goes offroading doesn't like these types of trails... I've got some video footage of the mud holes near the end of the Stronach mountain Cross road trail that we did last. They aren't the best quality as I had the GoPro on the windshield and only realized when I got home that I had it pointed up a bit too far so it has a lot of sun glare on the videos but I do have some footage of the back of Danny's truck going through the last few holes on the trail. Will do some editing and post them later when I get a chance. Also have not yet looked at the drone footage but I'll see what we got and post some of that as well. All in all a good day with a great group of folks! I'll post some pics on here that I took with the cell and my drone when I get them downloaded to the PC. Definitely let me know if any of you are going on a run any time in the future, I'm always down and I love exploring trails I've never been on before.

Chad

Fahrenheit[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Jun 14, 2021 at 5:13 AM
    Tertius420

Tertius420 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Annapolis Valley - Nova Scotia - Canada
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tacoma TRD OR AC
    Weathertech floor mats, CaliRaisedLED 30" bumper light bar, CaliRaisedLED Ditch Lights - yet to be installed, CaliRaisedLED 52" Light Bar - not sure if I'm going to install...
    That signature is Hilarious! :) You'll have to come along on the next run, I didn't post it here as it was another person who doesn't post on here as far as I know who organized this trip.

Chad

Products Discussed in

To Top