1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Now Available from ToyTec, AAL for trucks with the TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Neubs, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Dec 1, 2008 at 2:54 PM
    Neubs

Neubs [OP] Sold my Tacoma. Goodbye TW.

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Offroad DC 4X4
    ToyTec 5100 Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Eibach Springs | OME Darkar Leaf Springs | 5150 10" Bilstein Rear Shocks| Light Racing UCAs | All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit | Timbren Rear Bumps | Extended Stainless Steel Rear Brake Lines | ARB CKMA12 On-Board Air Compressor | Method 16" Race Wheels | Goodyear 285/70/16 MTR | 48" Hi-Lift Jack | ToyTec Diff Drop | Warn Hitch Shackle | TRD Cold Air Intake | PIAA Intense White Bulbs | PIAA Silicone Wipers | Toyota Bed Mat |Sockmonkey Graphics | 20% Tint | Sport Hood | Scan Gauge II & Blend Mount | Shrockworks Sliders | ARB Bumper | Warn M8000 Winch | Viking Synthetic Winch line | 12-Volt Guy In-Dash Winch Controller | Viking Delrin Rollers | Daystar Winch Isolator| ARB/IPF 900XS Lights | Weather Tech Liners | Rock Lights | Diff Breather Mod | Extra Bed D-Rings | Misc. LED bulbs throughout
    The rears are not adjustable, only the fronts. If you are looking maximum payload capacity I would recommend going with the TSB and AAL. The AAL is in itself not designed to increase capacity but the TSB will. The AAL is a "light load" AAL and it is meant to lift the truck an additional 1-1.5" on top of the lift provided from the TSB but not give the truck a harsh ride. I did not notice much difference from stock ride when adding the AAL and it will allow for factory flex and offroad ability, if that makes sense. Hope this helps.

2. Dec 1, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    WildcatRider

WildcatRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lexington, KY
    Vehicle:
    2008 AC TRD-OR 4x4 SOLD
    It does thanks.. I guess I missed that detail about the rear 5100s in all the reading I have done.

Thanks for the info guys.

3. Dec 6, 2008 at 10:24 AM
    JeremyS

JeremyS Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Magnetic grey DC 4x4
    Toytech Coilovers 3", TC UCA's, AAL, All Pro Bumper (Front + Rear), Pro Comp 7005 Wheels, Duratracs. Alpine PDX Amps, Alpine HU, JL Evolution Speakers, JL 13TW5 Sub. Front Runner Slim Line Roof Rack & Canopy Rack, Leer 100RCC Canopy, Tepui Autana Ruggedized.
    To get this straight, for load bearing (ie trailer with bikes), to get around 2" of lift in the rear I should go with the TSB + Toytechs new TSB AAL? I ordered the regular 2" AAL to go along with a 3" Coilover setup in the front for overall 3" of lift, but could probably still change this. On that note, I also ordered Bilstein 5100's for the rear, I've heard 5125's are more appropriate for the full 2" lift on the back? Mainly a road truck, no offroading, just hauling bikes in the box and towing some times. Whats the disadvantage of just sticking with the regular 2" AAL in the rear + 5100 Bilsteins? I know these have all kind of been anwered here and theres no 100% right or wrong but any information helps! On another note, will a set Toytech coilovers be suitable for weight as well (not adding armor or anything), and cranking their setting up to 3", is fine, I understand the ride should be a bit stiffer?

4. Dec 11, 2008 at 5:02 PM
    roxspin72

roxspin72 Enjoying my addiction

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Speedway Blue, TRD, 4X4,
    Oh Yeah!!!
    Site is not updated. All I want is a 1.5" lift. I know the TSB is free, need to know cost on the AAL. And how would it compare to a 3 Leaf pack that replaces the tourqe load spring, it runs about $159...

Thanks.

5. Dec 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM
    Trackmaster

Trackmaster Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4X4
    I don't know if this helps anyone or not but here is my story. 06 double cab Rear TSB done 1 year ago. Just put the adjustable 5100's set at 1.75 (on the front)on last week. I usually always carry around 100-200 # in my truck every day. My front end now sets about 1/2'" higher now. I ordered a set of these springs Friday and I think it will level my truck out great. Hope this Helps. I love this site GREAT INFO

Products Discussed in

To Top