1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NOW AVAILABLE: Stage Series Reverse Light Kit for 2005-2021 Toyota Tacoma! | Diode Dynamics

Discussion in 'Diode Dynamics' started by Diode Dynamics, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Nov 15, 2021 at 1:58 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics [OP] Automotive Lighting Experts Vendor

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri

There's plenty of ways to add light behind your Tacoma, but the new Stage Series Reverse Light Kit stands out with innovations in both function and ease of use. This kit includes an integrated red running light, and plug-and-play wiring harness, for trouble-free installation! Thanks to Stage Series TIR optic technology, this kit provides a huge amount of extra reverse light. The included switch allows you to toggle it on any time, or activate it automatically with your reverse lights, for a truly integrated solution.

[​IMG]

Focused: Most LED pods on the market, even certain premium options, use outdated technology like reflectors or simple lenses that lose light internally and to glare. By comparison, our custom-engineered total internal reflection (TIR) optic collects all of the light from the LED chips, drastically reducing wasted light and improving total efficiency.

[​IMG]

While other options on the market lose as much as 10% of the light output shining through an outer lens, the custom-molded TIR optic in the Stage Series LED pods serves as both the optic and main lens for greater efficiency and light output (patent pending). Thanks to this innovative feature, when coupled with high-intensity LED chips, the total intensity of the Stage Series Pod is much greater than other LED pods using basic optics or reflectors with a standard outer lens.

[​IMG]

Plug and Play. Thanks to custom-molded OEM connectors, this kit is completely plug-and-play. The included adapter harness plugs right into your factory tail lights for easy installation and operation. No cutting, drilling, or additional wiring needed! The kit operates as an additional red accent light, with your tail lights, and then automatically switches to a high-power backup light when your vehicle is in reverse. The included toggle switch allows you to override the vehicle signals and turn on the main beam anytime.

Each kit will include:
    • Two (2) SSC1 or SSC2 Standard LED Pods
    • One (1) Universal Reverse Light Wiring Harness
    • One (1) Adapter Harness for 2005-2015 or 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma
    • Two (2) Mounting brackets
    • Ten (10) Zip Ties
    • Two (2) T-Taps
    • Mounting hardware

Functional Patterns. All Stage Series beam patterns were designed with optical simulation modeling, to shape the output in a highly-functional beam pattern.
    • Flood pattern was designed to provide uniform, even illumination with a full 50x50 degree spread of light on the SSC1 LED pod, and a 60x60 degree spread on the SSC2 LED pod. Unlike generic "flood" lights that are simply a heavily diffused spotlight, our flood pattern uses pillow optics on the outer lens surface, to provide a true optically designed spread, for even illumination throughout.

[​IMG]

Backlight Functionality. The Stage Series LED pods included with this kit feature a distinctive backlight in a vibrant red color which functions as an additional accent light while driving! The backlight fully illuminates the TIR optic, providing a more unique and modern look than the small indicator LEDs found in other products.

Sport or Pro. Stage Series LED pods are available at two different power levels. Both options use high-intensity LED emitters, and TIR optics for unmatched focus and overall output. However, the Pro option is double the amount of total power. Click the Specifications tab to see more information!

[​IMG]

Proven Reliability: Stage Series LED lighting has been extensively tested for long-term operation from -40 to 185 degrees F, along with vibration, moisture intrusion, and corrosion testing. All of these tests are completed to SAE standards, just like factory components. They've also been put to the test on-road by racers and enthusiasts alike.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or email contact@diodedynamics.com.

PM us for the free-shipping code (U.S. forum members only)

John C.
    Diode Dynamics

2. Nov 16, 2021 at 11:06 AM
    Bravisimo

Bravisimo So many mods, very little money.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 DCLB
    Tint, headlights wrapped & rear lights smoked, power outlet mod., grill & rear bumper wrapped, Falken A/T 3W,
    WOW! NICE! I like these! Nice work guys! Question, Can we use a different switch than the one provided?
    Now all need now is a new armor bumper to slam on these bad boys. Definitely going together these once I get a new rear bumper.
    :drool:

3. Nov 16, 2021 at 11:08 AM
    Unchained 5150

Unchained 5150 Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn Ma
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Poser Pro Manual.
    Fog Lights drop yet?

4. Nov 16, 2021 at 2:15 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Great question!

Yes, you can remove our 3-way switch from our harness and use an alternative switch to suit your setup.

If you're referring to our Elite Series fog lamps, they'll be released for pre-order before the end of the year.

Thank you for your patience and support!

John C.
    Diode Dynamics

5. Nov 16, 2021 at 2:23 PM
    ivanjo3l

ivanjo3l Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Thats a nice plug n play setup!

Diode Dynamics[OP] likes this.
  6. Nov 21, 2021 at 9:05 AM
    cementJay

cementJay Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    757 Va
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Trd Sport 4x4
    Amsoil errthang!! Kn cabin filter Weather tech window deflectors Tufskins tailgate letters Yota bed mat Blue led interior lights map & dome - Led vanity lights - (diode dynamics) Front windows 35% ctx llumar Back windows and rear window 50% llumar Trd air intake w/ afe filter Trd oil & radiator cap Trd exhaust w/ black chrome tip Diode Dynamics ss3 max yellow fogs Redline tuning hood struts Meso mirror turn signals & total tail stage 1 Red trd push to start button Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 w/ scs Br6 17x8.5 Bilstein 6112 setup Icon 1.5 add a leaf Remote start w/smartphone start Trd pro shift knob Yota bed extender Morimoto xb headlights Diode dynamics ss3 ditch lights OV Tune Diode dynamics grill lightbar Kenwood 697 headunit CBI covert bumper Clazzio seat covers
    Do the taillights power these or you must run to battery for power?

7. Nov 22, 2021 at 7:09 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    They're required to be powered by the battery for proper operation.

I've included our YouTube video for reference regarding routing our harness!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZKCUqHnoK0

1:21 Installing Tail Light Harness
    2:08 Installing Universal Reverse Light Harness

Please, feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. I'll be glad to help!

John C.
    Diode Dynamics

Bravisimo and cementJay[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Nov 22, 2021 at 12:28 PM
    cementJay

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    757 Va
    Vehicle:
    Amsoil errthang!! Kn cabin filter Weather tech window deflectors Tufskins tailgate letters Yota bed mat Blue led interior lights map & dome - Led vanity lights - (diode dynamics) Front windows 35% ctx llumar Back windows and rear window 50% llumar Trd air intake w/ afe filter Trd oil & radiator cap Trd exhaust w/ black chrome tip Diode Dynamics ss3 max yellow fogs Redline tuning hood struts Meso mirror turn signals & total tail stage 1 Red trd push to start button Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 w/ scs Br6 17x8.5 Bilstein 6112 setup Icon 1.5 add a leaf Remote start w/smartphone start Trd pro shift knob Yota bed extender Morimoto xb headlights Diode dynamics ss3 ditch lights OV Tune Diode dynamics grill lightbar Kenwood 697 headunit CBI covert bumper Clazzio seat covers
    Looking at the harness it should plug into the meso total tail harness i think?

9. Nov 23, 2021 at 10:39 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    We haven't tested the harness on the meso tail harness only on factory components.

You can go give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at contact@diodedynamics.com, and our service team would be happy to help identify compatibility for you!

John C.
    Diode Dynamics

10. Nov 29, 2021 at 7:03 PM
    Tacoma~Gal

Tacoma~Gal Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '23 LR OR
    I too had this same question. If it's getting 12v (and ground) from the tail light and we don't need/want the option of the switch ; purely using the LED's for reverse/running light what is the point of the additional universal harness?

11. Dec 1, 2021 at 1:57 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    With the high potential power of the extra pods, it's important to avoid overloading the factory circuit. It may be possible to tap directly into your tail light without issues, but as a manufacturer we have to provide solutions that we know will be 100% safe to use - so, we need to pull power from the battery on these kits.

cementJay and Tacoma~Gal like this.
  12. Dec 19, 2021 at 12:56 PM
    cementJay

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    757 Va
    Vehicle:
    Any update on when these are shipping?

13. Dec 21, 2021 at 9:58 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Hey there!

Any purchase made today is expected to ship in 3-4 weeks for this specific kit.

Please reach out to us at contact@diodedynamics.com, or give us a call at 314-205-3033 M-F CST, and our service team will be happy to help provide an update regarding your specific order.

Thank you!

John C.
    Diode Dynamics

14. Jan 16, 2022 at 12:23 PM
    Skratch&sniff

Skratch&sniff Well-Known Member

Member:
    I got this kit in the mail yesterday and I have to say that I was impressed with the quality and how quickly it shipped.

I’m not installing this on a factory bumper so I immediately started trying to figure out how I would make this work on my high clearance bumper. Lucky for me my neighbor had some extra pieces of extruded aluminum laying around to make the brackets with. I’m pretty happy about how it all bolted up.

E95725F0-E193-4EA1-8FF5-6D73F539E3D0.jpg 3D6ED411-BD77-4965-B213-3FACB3174007.jpg

Now for the bad news. After I finished getting these bad boys mounted up and noticed an issue when I started to wire everything up. One of the connector pieces that hooks up to the tail lights was super jacked from the factory. So there’s obviously nothing I can do until they send me a new wiring kit.

4FBCB3B8-74E3-4C25-BD9E-32DB3BA77DA1.jpg

Bravisimo likes this.
  15. Feb 1, 2022 at 1:22 AM
    playdixie

playdixie Miss'ippi fella

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2016 Blazing Blue TRD Sport DCSB 4x4
    @Diode Dynamics: quick question about these. I'm assuming the real difference between pro and sport is the amount of light output? I'm interested in these, but guess that's my real concern.

Diode Dynamics[OP] likes this.
  16. Feb 1, 2022 at 5:38 AM
    Skratch&sniff

Skratch&sniff Well-Known Member

Member:

That is correct. The Pro is almost double the output.

Also, they sent me the replacement wires and it turned out fantastic. 77A390AE-DB3A-4010-BDBC-9FCE3910A596.jpg

17. Feb 1, 2022 at 10:00 AM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Yes, the sport and pro differ in power level. I've included some images below for reference!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

playdixie[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Apr 24, 2022 at 9:12 AM
    cementJay

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    757 Va
    Vehicle:
    Diode Dynamics
    For the win!!

20220424_115425.jpg
    20220424_115506.jpg

20220424_202511.jpg
    20220424_202609.jpg
    20220424_202733.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
  19. May 26, 2022 at 12:55 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    [​IMG]
    Diode Dynamics’ Memorial Day Sale is going on NOW through Friday, 6/3.

Get 15% off all LED lighting upgrades with code "USA22" during checkout!

Plus, all orders over $300, will receive FREE shipping.

Click HERE to shop Diode Dynamics LED Lighting products!

Note: Products on pre-order (Elite Series Fog Lamps) are excluded from this sale.

20. Jun 3, 2022 at 1:49 PM
    Diode Dynamics

Member:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    [​IMG]

Don't miss your chance to save 15% off your entire order of lighting upgrades!

Coupon Code: USA22

Plus, get FREE shipping when you spend $300! HURRY, this sale ends TONIGHT!

Click HERE to Shop!

Sale ends 11:59 p.m. CST | Friday, 06/3/2022.

Note: Items on pre-order are exempt from the sale.

To Top