1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NRA free memembersip renewal backpack " Made in China"?

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by michael roberts, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Sep 4, 2021 at 9:27 AM
    Scottyskywalker

Scottyskywalker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Kantukee
    Vehicle:
    2020 Silver Sky SR V6 4X4 SX
    RCI sliders, RCI front skid, RCI trans skid, Bridgestone Revo 3 AT, OVTune 87 stock, Fox 2.0 rear, Front Summo springs, Truxport roll up bed cover, Tekonsha P3, Meso total tails, rear diff breather relocate.
    This could be considered political. See ya in 30.

Brake Weight likes this.
  2. Sep 5, 2021 at 7:54 AM
    dklehman

dklehman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darin
    Eastern wa
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD off road
    I'm a proud gun owner. I feel NRA has been scamming the American public for a very long time. I cannot explain my position without being extremely political so I won't. Their cheap Chinese made garbage they offer their members is just another example of how they really feel about their members.

lynyrd3 and skierd like this.
  3. Sep 6, 2021 at 8:39 AM
    TRD-Troll

TRD-Troll Smoked Orc 75% off

Member:
    NV
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDOR DCSB AT
    Is cat lady still on the board?

4. Oct 14, 2021 at 6:15 PM
    Brake Weight

Brake Weight But it hasn't rained in weeks...I'll make it.

Member:
    Deep South near the Third Coast
    Vehicle:
    Taco pulling 33s and a B6 pushing 33psi
    Weld on sliders, fiberglass shell, 12k winch in an Elite Offroad bumper, front Aussie Lunchbox
    I have a Jansport from 1997 I used in college and still use it at work. I carry about 10-15# of paperwork and tools in it. Front pocket is torn open and the zipper is dead. The rest functions fine.

5. Jan 3, 2022 at 4:25 AM
    grogie

grogie Sir Loin of Beef

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR AC, 2018 4R Limited, 2006 Jeep TJ
    I’ve been an NRA members since I was 18 ... I converted to a lifetime membership about 15 years ago. One reason that I kept my membership is that nationally they had excellent and established training programs for people new to owning a firearm, and I wanted to support that. Like with my wife, when we were married, I put her through an NRA safe course and introduction to firearms. I also took the courses with her and they were excellent. In my area, the NRA was the only group that offered any such classes. I’ve recommend those courses to friends of the years.

As far as nonprofits, I’ve worked for a large one. As far as that cheap bag, it has been shown in fundraising that people are much more likely to make a donation when any gift is included. They’ll get a much higher response rate and dollar amount with that gift than a simple letter (that probably won't even be opened). There are companies that specialize in fundraising, and in my opinion, are often unethical. Like one company I know of, they own a plant in China that produces most of the mailings. (As others earlier said, due to costs.) The fact is, few people without being prompted will actually make a donation to any organization.

I’m not at all defending Wayne or any leadership in any nonprofit that takes advantage of their position. What I will say about nonprofit staffing, I’ve noticed that nonprofits tend to attract people let’s say have "a big heart," and have little to no business sense, because they tend to pay less then private industry. So, let's say you have an executive director that is unethical, if he/she has less qualified people around him/her, as well as a weak board of directors (that tend to often treat the position as an entitlement and/or use it for socials reasons), well there you go. I could go on … as I’ve seen more then enough. But, the federal government is probably worse, being that a nonprofit can't print their own money. ;)

6. Jan 3, 2022 at 5:24 AM
    TRD-Troll

TRD-Troll Smoked Orc 75% off

Member:
    NV
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRDOR DCSB AT
    That would reduce the $ available for Wayne’s suit fund or cat lady to get a new Bengal.

There has been more 2A legal progress via randos suing states and municipalities.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
  7. Jan 3, 2022 at 5:44 AM
    C-Rok275

C-Rok275 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Pro
    One of many reasons to skip the NRA

8. Jan 3, 2022 at 5:59 AM
    maineah

maineah Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    4X4 SR5 V6 6spd
    Turned in my NRA badge when they became a lobbying group for the gun manufactures, they were very good at lining their non profit pockets with our membership money.

Products Discussed in

To Top