1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NW WA Meet / BS Thread

Discussion in 'North West' started by Benson X, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Jul 27, 2016 at 4:12 PM
    TACOVRD

TACOVRD I Identify As A Prius

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP - Formerly 2013 DCSB OR Spruce Mica
    Workin' on it....
    Have to google ASVAB....

2. Jul 27, 2016 at 4:23 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Lol gotcha.... sorta. No les schwab in Ellensburg. Cle elum doesn't have one.

3. Jul 27, 2016 at 4:31 PM
    Yetimetchkangmi

Yetimetchkangmi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 The Yeti
    ARB front locker, Custom high clearance rear bumper, Custom plate front bumper, mile marker winch PE8, safari snorkel, Deck Plate Mod Fox 2.5 rr DSC, Camburg UCA, squeaky Dakar leafs, 5125 10" and custom 7.5" shackles, thee finest PNW pinstripes, MT-R, Nissan crew cab roof rack??? wtf is that about??? Allpro skids, Rigid duallys President McKinley CB with PA Recaro SRD with Wedge Engineering Morimoto retrofits Champion Rad - Failed Tundra brakes
    Roger that...

4. Jul 27, 2016 at 4:41 PM
    Greddy

Greddy Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    It's a Tacoma, white n black, DCLB
    Front & Rear HC Bumper with Swing Out, Full Skids, Icon CO's and UCA's, Dakar w/AAL, Icon Rear Shocks and U-bolt flip, w/Superbumps. 17" XD Wheels, 34" BFG KM3s, CB/Ham Radio, 10% Tint, Snugtop, WeatherTech Mats and Deflectors, Rigid Fog Lights, UltraGauge, TRD Seatcovers, On-Board CO2 and 20L fuel. Roof Top Tent. AirFlow Snork, smittybilt winch, 20" light bar.
    So my buddy and I are leaving Friday morning and heading up to Greenwater to hop on NF-70 and go up Naches Pass. I know there are roads that you can take to get to stampede pass or quartz mountain but im having a hell of a time finding them. Does anyone have any experience getting to quartz mountain from naches? and does anyone want to join us?

bobsuruncle likes this.
  5. Jul 27, 2016 at 5:23 PM
    velillen

velillen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4
    You seriously think bleeding brakes is hard....not sure if joking or not. Get a bottle (20oz pop bottle works), get a ~18" section of clear tubing (want to say its 1/8th ID?), use a turkey baster and pull as much fluid out of the master cylinder, put that fluid into bottle. Fill master cylinder with new brake fluid. Put wrench on bleeder valve, attach hose to bleeder valve, put other end of tube in bottle ensuring it is below the level of old brake fluid. heres where it differs for tacomas. Off-roads have it easiest, just open the bleeder valve, turn truck to ACC (or on if i remember right either works), press down on valve for 2-3 seconds. Get out and check fluid level in the master cylinder and the fluid in the hose. Repeat till the hose is showing solid new brake fluid. Wont take long to do. If not a off-road (or a different car)...well open bleeder and start pumping the pedal and getting a work out, check master cylinder then check hose. Repeat till hose is solid with new brake fluid.

Easy to do especially with two people. Just make sure you tape the hose in the bottle so it stays under the old fluid. That way each time you let off the pedal its not sucking in air but rather old fluid. So all you are doing is pushing a big air bubble (from the new brakeline and hose) out.

6. Jul 27, 2016 at 5:46 PM
    Tayoflor

Tayoflor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Woodinville
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB MGM
    Leer topper BAMF weld on sliders BAMF LCA skids Icon stage 4 SCS F5s wrapped in 285/75r16 Cooper Stt Maxx
    Real last minute but I am heading up Chumstick Mountain Friday evening and hanging out for the weekend if anyone and to join. Shooting guns and relaxin is what is in order.

7. Jul 27, 2016 at 5:53 PM
    Smar969905

Smar969905 ToyotaLover

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Deer Park, WA
    Vehicle:
    96 Dodge 12valve cummins- mine, 16 T4R - wife's, 11 Taco - totalled
    Get a friend and do it today. 2 people, and not enough time to kill a 6 pack together.

As velillen said, but with 2 people, one person sits in cab, truck off, press and hold brake, other person opens bleeder valve which lets pedal go to the floor, then before pedal is let back out, close bleeder. Repeat until new fluid at every point you replace a brake line. Figure 20 minutes for the whole thing.

It's either 1/4 or 5/16 hose, pretty sure 1/4. The bleeder valve I want to say is 9mm. Just put the box end of a wrench on.

8. Jul 27, 2016 at 6:06 PM
    twalchlii1

twalchlii1 Tacotraitor

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wa
    Vehicle:
    2018 GC Trailhawk
    Are floor mats a mod?
    Just did my extended rear lines, had to flush about a pint trhu until it finally burped! Power bleed on both sides at the same time finally did it.

dakotasyota[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jul 27, 2016 at 6:26 PM
    Smar969905

Smar969905 ToyotaLover

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Deer Park, WA
    Vehicle:
    @GSPRunner (trail leader) + 1 (W)
    @Greddy + 1 (E)
    @Smar969905 (E)
    @velillen (W)
    @JDAM + anchor I mean Jeep (W)

Do any of you guys have a working winch for our good trail buddy Justin Case? Best I have to offer is the poor man's version which is to say a come along (2 actually, a 2 ton and a 6 ton). I am leaving home tomorrow for camping, so if you can let me know tonight or tomorrow early, that would be appreciated.

10. Jul 27, 2016 at 6:35 PM
    Smar969905

Smar969905 ToyotaLover

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Deer Park, WA
    Vehicle:
    Just to put this up front again. I am hoping that by about noon tomorrow, I will be out of cell range and won't have internet connection either. If anything changes, please quote this message and I'll read and updates Saturday morning.

Gangsters
    @GSPRunner (trail leader) + 1 (W)
    @Greddy + 1 (E)
    @Smar969905 (E)
    @velillen (W)
    @JDAM + anchor I mean Jeep (W)
    @McMash (W)

Wanna bes
    @dakotasyota (W)

Meet points:

From the west-
    Safeway North Bend. Roll out at 9AM
    460 SW Mt Si Blvd, North Bend

From the east-
    Shell gas station Roslyn. Roll out at 10-10:15 depending on everybody getting there
    4400 Bullfrog Rd, Cle Elum

Bring lunch, snacks, and drinks with you. Recovery gear and cameras are a given, so make damn sure you pack them (even if your camera is your phone).

To anybody looking to camp, or stay out that way, I am going to be camping in Salmon La Sac right on the river approximately NF-4308 and NF-4309, which is north of Roslyn, about 25 minutes from the shell gas station for the east side meetup. There is always extra space to set up a tent, or use your RTT if you have one.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
  11. Jul 27, 2016 at 6:37 PM
    cosmicfires

cosmicfires Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Regular Cab SR5 4cyl 5speed 4x4
    Snugtop cab high canopy.
    Auto parts stores have brake bleeder hoses with a one way valve so no air can get back in. They're less that $5. I've found them well worth the price.

12. Jul 27, 2016 at 8:34 PM
    bobsuruncle

bobsuruncle I void warranties

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    back back to Fall City Fall City, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DCSB
    ARB bull bumper, warn 9000 with synthetic rope, icon CO's & 700lb coils, road armor rear bumper, dakars + Archive Garage shackle flip.
    I believe NF-30? Is the road that goes from naches to Lester.

Side track: how much trimming did you have to do to fit your 285's? I feel like I've trimmed damn near what other guys trim to run 35s. I'm pretty sure my spacers are fucking me.

13. Jul 27, 2016 at 9:22 PM
    McMash

McMash The only thing better than light bars? Sarcasm.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Gig Harbor, Wa.
    Vehicle:
    '04 Tacoma AC TRD 4x4
    As of now, it looks like I'll be able to get away from work. Count me in.

I have a winch and it works great. I'll bring all my recovery gear, too.

14. Jul 27, 2016 at 10:21 PM
    cahzbrah

cahzbrah Well-Known Member

Member:
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    21 TRD OR 6spd
    Any of you guys ride dirt bikes? Heading to Tahuya to camp, ride dirt bikes and shoot this weekend. Message me if you're interested.

15. Jul 27, 2016 at 10:27 PM
    Greddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    Front & Rear HC Bumper with Swing Out, Full Skids, Icon CO's and UCA's, Dakar w/AAL, Icon Rear Shocks and U-bolt flip, w/Superbumps. 17" XD Wheels, 34" BFG KM3s, CB/Ham Radio, 10% Tint, Snugtop, WeatherTech Mats and Deflectors, Rigid Fog Lights, UltraGauge, TRD Seatcovers, On-Board CO2 and 20L fuel. Roof Top Tent. AirFlow Snork, smittybilt winch, 20" light bar.
    Not much trimming at all, just cut a slice off the cab mounts and that seemed to do it. I think my BS is 3.5 on my wheels.

16. Jul 27, 2016 at 10:28 PM
    NorthwestCruiser

NorthwestCruiser Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Snohomish, WA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Land Cruiser
    Custom 3 link, 40's etc..
    Have you trimmed your fenders at all? I don't remember that you have..

17. Jul 27, 2016 at 10:42 PM
    Digiratus

Digiratus Adventurer

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Roaming the PNW
    Vehicle:
    The RedHead
    2002 XtraCab TRD 4x4 SCv6 AutoTrans With Lots of Mods ADS COs w/Compression Adjusters Camburg Uniball UCAs Whiteline Lower Control Arm Bushings Kartek 7" Limit Straps Plastics Guy Front Bumpstops Custom Alcan Springs +800 lbs +3" ADS 10" Stroke Triple Bypass w/Resi Rear Shocks Custom Rear Shock Relocate All-Pro U-bolt Flip w/Timbren Bumpstops 4.88 Nitro Gears ARB Front Locker ARB Twin Compressor Black 17x8 Konig Countersteer Type X 285/70r17 Falken A/T3w Gunmetal 16x8 SCS Ray10s 255/85r16 Maxxis Bighorns Limited Edition (Relentless) Elite Front Bumper Smittybilt X2O 10K Winch Diode Dynamics SS3 Sport Selective Yellow Fog Lights in the Bumper Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro 4,000 Kelvin SAE Driving Lights with Clear Lenses on the Bumper Morimoto D2S Projectors XB35 Ballasts + 4300K Bulbs Badland Sliders FrankenFab Tire Carrier Swingout bumper w/kitchen BudBuilt Front & Bellypan Skids BAMF Rear Diff Skid Dometic CFX 55im Fridge/Freezer Alpha II Hardshell RTT Badland Custom Bed Rack Denso 210-0461 105 amp alternator Dual Northstar 24F AGM batteries BlueSea 7622 ML-ACR Battery controller Peak DBI Dual Battery Voltage Monitor Magnuson MP62 Supercharger w/2.37" Pulley Haltech Elite 2000 Standalone ECU Denso 650cc Fuel Injectors Doug Thorley Headers Aeromotive Stealth 340 Fuel Pump TransGo A340F Reprogramming Shift Kit Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT, Magnaflow 18" Muffler w/Vibrant Resonator 13WL Brake Calipers Braided Steel Brake Lines ScanGauge II OBDII Scanner Kenwood TM-71A Dual Band Ham Radio Larson 70CM/2M Antenna Uniden 520xl CB radio 3' Firestik Adjustable tip antenna Pioneer DEH-P9400BH HU Alpine Amps & Type R components (F) and coaxials (R) Wet Okole Seat Covers Weathertech Digital Liners Deck Plate Mod 1" Diff Drop Carrier Bearing Drop
    Quartz? At the end of FS33, right? There is no direct route from the west side.

You have to follow FS70 over Pyramid pass til it becomes FS19 (or take the Naches Wagon trail bypass :D) and go almost all the way to highway 410. Take the Kaner Flats trail from FS19. I think its 4W676. It will end up at Quartz on Manastash Ridge.

Kaner Flats trail is rated as Most dificult but since it hasn't rained in a while, you can take the slick factor out of the equation I think.

http://www.nwjeepn.com/kaner_trail.htm

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Greddy[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Jul 28, 2016 at 6:19 AM
    velillen

velillen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab 4x4
    I can never remember the size but I have tubing in all sorts of sizes so it's usually just grab one and see if it fits lol.

Yeah I've seen those. I'm just to cheap to pick it up and keep track of it till the next time I need it. Which is usually once a year if that. But I'm probably one of the few people who changes brake fluid every 2-3 years too

They also make bleeder valves with a check valve in them that work pretty well. But those are pricey. But they are nice if doing lots of changes (racing)

19. Jul 28, 2016 at 7:12 AM
    Greddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    You da man Mike! Thanks for the Intel I'm going to find this on the map today.

20. Jul 28, 2016 at 8:02 AM
    2004TacomaNavy

2004TacomaNavy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Oak Harbor, WA.
    Vehicle:
    04 Extra Cab 4X4 SR5
    All Pro rock sliders, U-Bolt flip kit, Shock mount relocation tabs, All Pro Billy 3" lift front and back, 2014 Tundra Bed Rail tie down system, Fuel 17X8.5 Wheels on 32's, LED front light bar, Raptor style grill W/lights, Tinted Headlights w/LEDs, ARB Dual Air Compressor W/ 2 Gal. Tank, Smoked Tail Lights, Double Din Sat radio w/ back-up camera, Redline Hood Struts, ARB Dual air compressor W/ 20 Gal. air tank, Sig P320C Security System!
    OK, "Wheelin with warriors" is having an event on Sunday, 21 August starting at 0900.
    They are ending it at 19:00 (7pm), click on link below for details.

I will be going but they need more people and the sooner the better so they can invite more disabled VETS.
    If I can make it from Whidbey Island, I know more of you can as well. If you can attend and have the time, please help share our love for Tacomas and off-roading.
    Also, it's primarily a Jeep organization....don't let me be the only Tacoma there! I can't pull out that many Jeeps! LOL

Products Discussed in

To Top