1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NW WA Meet / BS Thread

Discussion in 'North West' started by Benson X, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Aug 10, 2016 at 11:44 AM
    Honeybadger

Honeybadger Powaaaaaah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Kirkland, Wa
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport 05 4Runner Lmt
    ARB: Front bumper, compressor, tire repair kit, deflate 4xinnovations: Full skids King Racing: extended travel coil overs. Bamf shock relocation buckets with 12" smoothies. EBC: Slotted/drilled brakes with Yellowstuf pads Pioneer: Deck, speakers Wheelers: Front and rear superbumps, extended brake lines Homemade: Rear HC bumper with swingout Toyo: 255/85R16 Open Country MT
    So jealous... they are litterally a fraction of the cost for a 1st gen. Same with the arb bumpers... looks bad ass... still love the 1st gens better...

2. Aug 10, 2016 at 11:45 AM
    Honeybadger

Honeybadger Powaaaaaah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Kirkland, Wa
    Vehicle:
    ARB: Front bumper, compressor, tire repair kit, deflate 4xinnovations: Full skids King Racing: extended travel coil overs. Bamf shock relocation buckets with 12" smoothies. EBC: Slotted/drilled brakes with Yellowstuf pads Pioneer: Deck, speakers Wheelers: Front and rear superbumps, extended brake lines Homemade: Rear HC bumper with swingout Toyo: 255/85R16 Open Country MT
    Birthday coming up next month.... going to request a safri snorkel or hella 4000s from the wife....

twalchlii1 likes this.
  3. Aug 10, 2016 at 11:50 AM
    Honeybadger

Honeybadger Powaaaaaah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Kirkland, Wa
    Vehicle:
    Here is a $370 mistake guys. If you are planning on going HC with a swingout and plan on adding a canopy get doors on the sides of the canopy instead of sliding windows. You will have to go thru a pain in the ass steps every time you will want to put something in your bed. I had the canopy before i went HC so i had no choice but to buy a replacment window.

20160804_115602.jpg

TACOVRD likes this.
  4. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:06 PM
    Greddy

Greddy Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    It's a Tacoma, white n black, DCLB
    Front & Rear HC Bumper with Swing Out, Full Skids, Icon CO's and UCA's, Dakar w/AAL, Icon Rear Shocks and U-bolt flip, w/Superbumps. 17" XD Wheels, 34" BFG KM3s, CB/Ham Radio, 10% Tint, Snugtop, WeatherTech Mats and Deflectors, Rigid Fog Lights, UltraGauge, TRD Seatcovers, On-Board CO2 and 20L fuel. Roof Top Tent. AirFlow Snork, smittybilt winch, 20" light bar.
    I think this is the main reason im opting out of the swingout for my high clearance bumper. I would get so annoyed having to open the gate to open the canopy. Plus if i took the canopy off (which i do sometimes) i could never haul anything with the tailgate down, like furniture.

5. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:16 PM
    JDAM

JDAM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Worshington
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD OR
    oh shit, reminds me I'm hauling a queen sized bed soon and didn't think about the swing out issue. I guess since my tent is not mounted to the bed rack right now I can strap it down on top.

6. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:17 PM
    Greddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    Front & Rear HC Bumper with Swing Out, Full Skids, Icon CO's and UCA's, Dakar w/AAL, Icon Rear Shocks and U-bolt flip, w/Superbumps. 17" XD Wheels, 34" BFG KM3s, CB/Ham Radio, 10% Tint, Snugtop, WeatherTech Mats and Deflectors, Rigid Fog Lights, UltraGauge, TRD Seatcovers, On-Board CO2 and 20L fuel. Roof Top Tent. AirFlow Snork, smittybilt winch, 20" light bar.
    Yeah @TacoSTIG brought that to my attention. You could probably haul it with your rack tho!

7. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM
    Greddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    Also, no shop day on Sunday, i have a sounders game to attend!

8. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:20 PM
    Honeybadger

Honeybadger Powaaaaaah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Kirkland, Wa
    Vehicle:
    That's the other shitty part is hauling long stuff

9. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:21 PM
    Greddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah for sure. I think im going to make a plywood platform in the canopy that attaches to the rails to mount my spare and have room for 2 action packers underneath.

Honeybadger[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:23 PM
    Honeybadger

Honeybadger Powaaaaaah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Kirkland, Wa
    Vehicle:
    I can haul long stuff if it's not wider than 2 feet. I can still flip the glass up and close the tailback and swingout. But no plywood for me

11. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:25 PM
    Honeybadger

Honeybadger Powaaaaaah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Kirkland, Wa
    Vehicle:
    That's a good idea

12. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:36 PM
    JDAM

JDAM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Worshington
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD OR
    that's ok. It dawned on me that to replace my coilover rod ends you need to remove the coils to get the clamp onto the shock shaft. I guess I'll press the old bearings out of the rod ends and if the rod ends are still good then just press the new bearing into it. If rod ends are damaged then might have Mule do it.

[​IMG]

Greddy[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:43 PM
    TACOVRD

TACOVRD I Identify As A Prius

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP - Formerly 2013 DCSB OR Spruce Mica
    Workin' on it....
    I actually think of the interference of the swingout as a good thing since you can weld some tabs on the swingout and bumper and put a padlock on it so they can't open the rear hatch of the canopy. Little extra pain in the ass step for thieves to get into your bed.

14. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:43 PM
    Honeybadger

Honeybadger Powaaaaaah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Kirkland, Wa
    Vehicle:
    @JDAM How many miles? Are they shitting out early?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  15. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:44 PM
    Honeybadger

Honeybadger Powaaaaaah!

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Kirkland, Wa
    Vehicle:
    I never thought of that. That's a positive way of viewing it. I guess if they wanted to break in they would smash a side window anyways.

16. Aug 10, 2016 at 12:44 PM
    TACOVRD

TACOVRD I Identify As A Prius

Member:
    First Name:
    TW Addict
    AZ/WA
    Vehicle:
    2019 T4R ORP - Formerly 2013 DCSB OR Spruce Mica
    Workin' on it....
    I've also got the wife's truck to haul long stuff so my truck is purely for fun.

17. Aug 10, 2016 at 3:49 PM
    Greddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    Good point. that would also make it much more difficult to grab a beer from the cooler tho hahaha

Honeybadger and TACOVRD[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Aug 10, 2016 at 3:50 PM
    Greddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    Jerrad's only got like 30k on his truck i think. But the roughest 30k a taco can take haha

19. Aug 10, 2016 at 4:12 PM
    JimSnell

JimSnell Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Puyallup
    Vehicle:
    2015 White Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    Well, da bitch didn't have current coverage. Who woulda guessed?

20. Aug 10, 2016 at 4:13 PM
    JDAM

JDAM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Worshington
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD OR
    34k and 25k on the Kings. Teflon wore off of the spherical bearings and they just flop around in the rod end right now and squeak.

Products Discussed in

To Top