1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NW WA Meet / BS Thread

Discussion in 'North West' started by Benson X, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Oct 14, 2020 at 1:02 PM
    SilverYeti

SilverYeti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Pelfreybilt sliders ARB bumper WARN winch
    96AB67A1-ACD6-4F63-91D8-5DE5A8834BCD.jpg

This is the amount leaking you can see the droplet formed but never drips. Cleaned it up last night hence the whole input looking clean.

2. Oct 14, 2020 at 5:24 PM
    TireFire

TireFire Superunknown Member

Member:
    Olympic Peninsula
    Recommendations for fall colors viewing spots?

3. Oct 14, 2020 at 6:25 PM
    Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    North Cascade pass.

4. Oct 14, 2020 at 6:41 PM
    Usethe2nd

Usethe2nd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    What size axle tubes do we have?

5. Oct 15, 2020 at 5:46 AM
    White lightning boosted

White lightning boosted Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jesse
    Poulsbo
    Vehicle:
    15' DCSB OR S/C
    Lift, pedal commander, led foglights, led interior lights, led back ups, led under lighting, urd tcai, led headlights, methanol injection, 76mm tb, hood struts, dif breather mod, ratiotek trans kit, x-series gauges, true cool trans cooler, belt wrap mod, 2.8 pulley
    hwy 101 maybe

TireFire[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Oct 15, 2020 at 12:14 PM
    SilverYeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    so I guess the seal that looked in harmed from a few attempts to reset was actually punctured or something. New seal same strategy no leak so far...:fingerscrossed:

Now there was a strange noise in 4wd of which I disengaged immediately so will follow up on that thing. Next thing I am probably doing is a drive shaft balance to try to combat the vibes I have been fighting for almost 2 years now lol

:spending:

Shadowhunter[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Oct 15, 2020 at 12:51 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    Is it not normal to have strange noises and vibrations coming from the front end?:notsure::anonymous:

8. Oct 15, 2020 at 2:38 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    Its nice to know im not the only one whose given up :cheers:

9. Oct 15, 2020 at 3:15 PM
    SilverYeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    Lol I did until my CV exploded on me and then I got back into the groove of trying to fix my vibes. Need to try and forget it again lol. Though if I balance the shaft I have literally done everything that could cause vibrations on my truck.

-rear ended. No vibes yet
    - new suspension (when it started 2018)
    - Sway bar remover
    - new tires
    - sway bar added back and back out after confirming not the cause
    - attempt to swap in stock tires to see if vibes go away (diminished but wasn’t gone)
    - balance, road force balance and balance again lol.
    - shims
    -carrier bearing
    - cattier bearing drop
    - diff drop (removes since)
    - u joints
    - all new brakes, caliper rotors and drums (for other reasons but still hopeful)
    - cv (as they exploded was also still hopeful)
    - heavy duty leafs (needed anyways)
    - also have removed my rear bumper and drove without it. Tightened front ARB.

If you add up all the time that I was actually focused on this issue. Probably could have done many things to this truck lol. Essentially all new front end.

If driveline doesn’t fix it it is possible that the tires are no good as there was slight improvement when I swapped them out. Or, Toyota’s go-away statement of bumpers and all that + being rear ended (frame still in spec) is the cause.

10. Oct 16, 2020 at 10:21 AM
    Wyckedan

Wyckedan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Woodinville WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Stormtrooper AC 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s.
    1 fully operational Death Star
    Who do you guys up in the north side like for alignments? I had an appt at Goodyear in Bothell this morning and got pushed 2 weeks out and I'm kinda annoyed by it and would rather find somewhere else

11. Oct 16, 2020 at 10:23 AM
    Greddy

Greddy Would you eat the moon if it were made of ribs?

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Vehicle:
    It's a Tacoma, white n black, DCLB
    Front & Rear HC Bumper with Swing Out, Full Skids, Icon CO's and UCA's, Dakar w/AAL, Icon Rear Shocks and U-bolt flip, w/Superbumps. 17" XD Wheels, 34" BFG KM3s, CB/Ham Radio, 10% Tint, Snugtop, WeatherTech Mats and Deflectors, Rigid Fog Lights, UltraGauge, TRD Seatcovers, On-Board CO2 and 20L fuel. Roof Top Tent. AirFlow Snork, smittybilt winch, 20" light bar.
    I've heard some guys like Tru Line in Seattle.

12. Oct 16, 2020 at 4:07 PM
    SilverYeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:

This was ujoint, one of the retaining clips was off on one of the caps shaking me like a paint can. Probably from when the CV blew up. Glad to have that fixed as it wasn’t your traditional vibration but more like your the dice in a Yahtzee game lol

Shadowhunter likes this.
  13. Oct 16, 2020 at 4:32 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Having your front driveline break loose next to the trans would probably raise hell with the housing.

14. Oct 16, 2020 at 4:53 PM
    SilverYeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:

Yeah it’s also hard to say when this happened. It was only noticeable in higher speed 4wd. Really glad I checked before the cap popped out completely. I only had it in 4wd like this for a total of 2 minutes or less I think. As long as it didn’t happen on the trail run with you lol. Also probably still going to drain and refill soon to be safe and check for shavings.

Shadowhunter[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Oct 16, 2020 at 6:47 PM
    Usethe2nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal
    can vouch for the Bellevue one

also Mule does alignments dunno how long the wait is

ready6delta and Yetimetchkangmi like this.
  16. Oct 16, 2020 at 7:25 PM
    Filip38507

Filip38507 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Filip
    Lynnwood Washington
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Damn never had that happen to me they always do it when I pull up and usually don’t make an appointment, I also signed up for an unlimited 3 year alignment thing for like $100

17. Oct 18, 2020 at 9:13 AM
    tacotunner06

tacotunner06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Edmonds, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2006 White Tacoma
    LS Swap with RSG Tranzilla, Custom hi clearance front bumper, Relentless: Slider's, bed rails, rear bumper, Prinsu with 40" BD s8. Dirt Designs 3.5 LT. Archive Garage rear towers/shackle flip/SUA. King Air bumps. King LT Coilovers in front. King 12x2.5 in rear. ARB rear air locker and twin compressor. SCS f5's with 33" Ridge Grapplers. 20" S8 mounted in bumper, squadron sport fog lights, squadron pro backup lights, LP6's bumper mounted.
    Is that a newish aftermarket axle? I've seen those leak with brand new perfect seals...Had a buddy go thru three axles from oreilly's years ago before he finally got one that didn't leak. But also yeah that side seal can be a pia to get right.

18. Oct 18, 2020 at 6:03 PM
    SilverYeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    Yep. I am feeling like I am going through that right now. The last time I set the seal it was perfectly at 55 mm and right on that lip. Did NOT leak, but the axle popped out on me, fun times. I shared before how short the after-market is compared to the stock a couple inches at least, so going to focus on keeping it set next time and hopefully last time I touch my damn CV's until I go with CVJ re-mans. Really hope I am not in the same situation as your buddy, haven't really questioned the CV itself yet.

19. Oct 18, 2020 at 10:38 PM
    Filip38507

Filip38507 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Filip
    Lynnwood Washington
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    9AD9C596-99BC-40B5-8CD6-33E684B883ED.jpg
    Another year of $500 tabs :spending:

20. Oct 19, 2020 at 12:28 AM
    bobsuruncle

bobsuruncle I void warranties

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    back back to Fall City Fall City, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR DCSB
    ARB bull bumper, warn 9000 with synthetic rope, icon CO's & 700lb coils, road armor rear bumper, dakars + Archive Garage shackle flip.
    holy shit, running your phone over with an excavator at work, then trying to gain access to all your accounts when you have 2 factor authentication on everything is a pain in the d!(k when you cant recieve confirmation texts as the 2nd factor.

ready6delta likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top