1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NW WA Meet / BS Thread

Discussion in 'North West' started by Benson X, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Nov 28, 2020 at 10:23 PM
    dilbert

dilbert AI Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRD Off-Road
    I saw a few people on NF 2120 south of sunriver getting Christmas trees yesterday. We were trying to get up to the big obsidian flow, but the road was closed for the winter at the 10 mile snow park. It was a beautiful drive though.

wmranos likes this.
  2. Nov 29, 2020 at 4:32 PM
    SilverYeti

SilverYeti Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Pelfreybilt sliders ARB bumper WARN winch
    Stuck actuator in 4wd good stuff. All the way in Leavenworth so hopefully can disengage before heading back to lake Stevens. Tried to disconnect all the sensors but thinking I will need to manually trigger the ADD as mentioned here. https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/4wd-actuator-troubleshooting-transfer-case-and-add.578262/

Tried disengaging through multiple changes and off and on
    Disconnected all actuator cables and battery and started it up to sense the bad state no good
    trying one more reset but not confident lol.

3. Dec 1, 2020 at 10:03 PM
    Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    Did you ever get this sorted out?

4. Dec 2, 2020 at 9:52 AM
    Goran

Goran Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    WA
    Vehicle:
    02, Red W/ stuff welded to it.
    Anyone know some good backroads I can take a truck on and get some "test hits" in? preferably pretty straight.
    Gotta break in a new build, and make sure everything is running correctly. I live in MLT, but I don't mind driving for some secluded roads.

5. Dec 2, 2020 at 11:24 AM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    https://maps.apple.com/?ll=47.26197...xc1BdAeBMXsA5xHY46h2iR0BBjTvpIQdMXsBQBA==&t=h I was here Friday morning and the whoops under this Powerline didn’t disappoint.

Goran[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 2, 2020 at 11:38 AM
    JDAM

JDAM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Worshington
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB TRD OR
  7. Dec 2, 2020 at 11:57 AM
    SilverYeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    Talking with you offline but just if others have any ideas.

It’s seeming like the transfer case one unfortunately so the pricier of the two lol. Took front off and tested it and the motor ran fine. Did the solder fix just in case. There was no corrosion. Transfer case actuator was making noise when trying to transition but has since stopped after adding some dialectic grease internally. I had it out of timing for a sec but got it back it seems at least to initial failure state. Wasn’t sure how to test that one though. I have pushed the ADD sleeve over toward the t-case for 2wd and pushed the shift rod in on the the t-case but it’s still in 4 it seems not sure what I missed. Toyota is looking at it Friday since I got birthday stuff with the fiancé the next two days for her.

I have the transfer case actuator clocked to 2wd I am pretty sure as well. At this time I have got a constant engaging noise which is new from the troubleshooting so far. Have to step away from it for most of today/tomorrow though now.

8. Dec 2, 2020 at 5:37 PM
    Stick to your guns

Stick to your guns Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Lake Stevens
    Vehicle:
    2005 Black DCSB TRD off road
    Bilstean 6112, progessive AAL, method NV 17X8.5, Falken wildpeak AT3 285/70R17, Hooke Road rack, Spyder headlights, mesh grille, BAMF hybrid bumper.
    You guys have any hot tips for doing the ECGS bearing?

9. Dec 2, 2020 at 5:38 PM
    Lost In The Woods

Lost In The Woods 4 out of the 5 voices in my head say go for it!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Buckley, WA
    Vehicle:
    21 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
    An unusually high amount of pinstriping.
    There's the county road along the N. Fork of the Snoqualmie River. Maybe not the most secluded, but guaranteed to get some good test hits in.
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/47°32'34.7"N+121°44'32.6"W/@47.5429616,-121.7445757,763m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m9!1m2!2m1!1sMarked+Location!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d47.5429581!4d-121.7423872

Goran[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Dec 3, 2020 at 7:28 AM
    utroda

utroda Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB SR5 4x4
    borrow the puller tool from someone and its pretty straight forward.

11. Dec 3, 2020 at 9:37 AM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
  12. Dec 3, 2020 at 10:52 AM
    JeffRoyJenkins

JeffRoyJenkins Essentially Non-Essential

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Vehicle:
    2000 4Runner SR5
    Nothing too exciting... maybe a little rust
    Do it when you already have your front end torn apart to replace the LCAs and wheel bearing assemblies because your needle bearing will start grinding 2 weeks later. Ask me how I know :bananadead:

13. Dec 3, 2020 at 4:36 PM
    Stick to your guns

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Lake Stevens
    Vehicle:
    Bilstean 6112, progessive AAL, method NV 17X8.5, Falken wildpeak AT3 285/70R17, Hooke Road rack, Spyder headlights, mesh grille, BAMF hybrid bumper.
    I already did my wheel bearings and seals before the truck was lifted. Wish i wouldve pulled it then but I was being dumb

14. Dec 3, 2020 at 4:38 PM
    Stick to your guns

Member:
    First Name:
    Bronson
    Lake Stevens
    Vehicle:
    Shadowhunter[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Dec 3, 2020 at 4:54 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Let me know and I’ll get it to you.

16. Dec 3, 2020 at 5:02 PM
    Usethe2nd

Usethe2nd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fall city
    Welded metal

Where’s the OP? What’s going on? I had What I’d thought was ADD issues and it turned out to be my Tcase. Ended up swapping in an FJ case

17. Dec 3, 2020 at 5:05 PM
    CBenfell

CBenfell I don’t know sh*t about f*ck

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Western Washington
    Vehicle:
    21 DCSB TRD OR Midnight Metallic Black
    Crippling Debt
  18. Dec 3, 2020 at 5:07 PM
    SilverYeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    Eh been lazy on that. My ADD is fine it has been battery tested and runs good. Did the solder fix just in case. Fairly certain I have a bad t-case actuator as the shorting noise coming from it is no good. Then it stopped making noise altogether after cleaning it up some. Coughing up the money for Toyota diagnosis in case they will power train warranty any of it since it was certified used 50k mile ago so halfway through that warranty. We will see.

I haven’t really created any threads yet at all on Tacoma World, general lurker so I plan to backfill some of that information later for anyone with similar issues.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Usethe2nd[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Dec 3, 2020 at 5:12 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    I might have to get Toyota to look at my bad tease actuator too:anonymous:

20. Dec 3, 2020 at 5:19 PM
    SilverYeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    lol I definitely have a problem with that one too sometime xD.

Shadowhunter[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top