1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NW Washington Mod Day

Discussion in 'North West' started by Forster46, Jan 12, 2012.

?

What date would you like a mod day?

Poll closed Apr 1, 2012.
  1. March 17th (Saturday)

61.1%
  2. March 18th (Sunday)

11.1%
  3. March 24th (Saturday)

11.1%
  4. March 25th (Sunday)

11.1%
  5. Other date (specify)

5.6%
  1. Jun 4, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    YFZ450MOE

YFZ450MOE When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Auburn, WA / Roseburg, OR
    Vehicle:
    09 white DCSB TRD (it's getting there)
    Icon Extended Travel 2.5" Coil Overs All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit Bilstien Rear Shocks Fabtech Add-a-Leaf Icon Upper Control Arms All-Pro Rear Bumper w/ Wrap Arounds & Hitch with custom LED plate light BHLM and Morimoto III D2S retrofit Satoshi Grill 2 Hella Black Magics behind Grill Bestop Supertop BAMF sliders
    Hey nhurt are you at the station? I think thats you at least. I see a long travel 1st gen parked by the exchange all the time. I just got to the MSST right across the street.

Yep guess so, just read the post above me

2. Jun 4, 2012 at 9:52 PM
    Forster46

Forster46 [OP] Very nice how much?

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    Looks like we only have about 3 or 4 coasties comin to this mod day now ;)

3. Jun 4, 2012 at 9:54 PM
    penguins_cc

penguins_cc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    I do have a dremel, Multimaster, drill press, bondo, some fibreglass resin and a heat gun. Also have 3M emblem adhesive, goof off and black paint for your emblems if you want to get murdered out.

Good point about the satoshi guys. I think I'm near completion with mine but stuck not really having done anything like that before. I am at the stage where you do the fine tuning with bondo. Already got all my mesh and black paint ready to go. I'll run and get some glass fiber this week. I made it a reduced depth which looks cool but was a chore. Maybe that's where I started losing motivation and put it down the mod priority list. Will be great to get some direction when you're here, Moe.

4. Jun 4, 2012 at 10:01 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    6000k HID's, AUX Reverse Lights, 3" Rough Country Suspension Lift, Pioneer AVH-P4200 Double Din, Underglow and footwell Lights, Camo Seat Covers, Duralast Tool Box, Blacked Out Badges, Grill, Front Emblem, Midland CB Radio, Amber Strobes, POWER REAR WINDOW, cup holder LED's, Firestik 3' in bed, console divider, Ultragauge.
    I wanted to do reduced depth as well, I'm just not driven to cut around the entire thing.

I have the mesh ready to go, I am just reluctant to chop up my only grill. I am worried I may not like the look and not be able to go back.

5. Jun 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    Icon Extended Travel 2.5" Coil Overs All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit Bilstien Rear Shocks Fabtech Add-a-Leaf Icon Upper Control Arms All-Pro Rear Bumper w/ Wrap Arounds & Hitch with custom LED plate light BHLM and Morimoto III D2S retrofit Satoshi Grill 2 Hella Black Magics behind Grill Bestop Supertop BAMF sliders
    Just go deep and see if you like it, if not then hack off a half inch at a time till you get to the depath you want

6. Jun 4, 2012 at 10:07 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Good idea... Well if penguins has got all the stuff for it already, I'll bring my mesh down with me and see what happens haha.

7. Jun 4, 2012 at 11:58 PM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Perkins Performance Sliders, Warn 9000, Brute Force Fab front & rear bumper, OME/Dakar lift, full ATO skids and hi-lift mount, satoshi, Wet Okoles, illuminated 4x4 switch, Diff Breather.
    I got cutting wheels and everything you need to cut the plastic. Bring the mesh!

8. Jun 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    It's a leap of faith Forster. Do it! :evil:

9. Jun 5, 2012 at 12:05 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Done :D
    I gotta repaint my mesh though. I just sprayed it with black and it just flakes off. I didnt really try that hard though. How should I do it?

10. Jun 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    I ordered mine and it came powdercoated. I would just recommend a good prep with acetone, wet sand, spray primer. I have all that stuff for the most part already here at the house if you want to wait. Should even have high temp paint for your radiator if you need.

I don't know much about painting, but I primed and painted my rear bumper an hour or two before I installed it. Didn't rub any paint off and still looks good. I'm thinking the mesh can't be too much harder...

11. Jun 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Also will be nice to meet TwistedFreedom and finally see an Elite bumper in person :)

12. Jun 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Alright sweet well I will just wait and redo it there. I can bring paint too or something even.

I have a pretty big list of stuff going on for me now haha

-Satoshi
    -Ammo Can Install
    -Power Sliding Rear Window
    -May score a nice Firestik
    -BHLM Swap

okay thats not as many as a thought haha

13. Jun 5, 2012 at 12:20 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    Did he say he was coming? Some of the guys on the original list were from the last planned day that I just never changed. I was keeping it there because I didn't know who was and wasn't going.

14. Jun 5, 2012 at 12:39 AM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    Oh shit - never mind:p My bad. He never mentioned to me he was coming.

15. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    I mentioned something to him, don't remember what he said tho haha.

Anyone have an AAL sitting around wanting to get donated to the Moe foundation?

16. Jun 6, 2012 at 8:30 AM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco

No :(

17. Jun 6, 2012 at 9:56 AM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    Just got my icons in and they are sweet. I don't know if i can wait till sunday to put them on haha

18. Jun 6, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    penguins_cc

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Bellevue, WA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica Limo!
    ^^ Patience, young grashopper.

19. Jun 6, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    YFZ450MOE

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    Vehicle:
    I've been waiting all day. I think I'll wait just a bit longer for the GF to come home then I'll crack open some brews and go for it. If anyone would like to join me feel free to come. :drunk:

20. Jun 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM
    Forster46

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mount Vernon, WA
    Vehicle:
    The doritos locos taco
    HEY!!!!
    THAT'S WHAT SUNDAY IS FOR! :mad:

Products Discussed in

To Top