1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NY: Caged Honda S2000, Sparco, Takata, Mugen, PWJDM, etc etc etc

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by hookedontronics, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Dec 30, 2011 at 9:48 PM
    sixsixsix

sixsixsix Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nice S2! I have one too.
    Oh and xroller is giving all sorts of wrong info. 00-01 ap1 have plastic rear window. 02-03 ap1 have a glass rear window and leather on the center console. Ap2 have the 2.2 motor for the ppl that complained enough about the power band. IMO ap1 is the more "raw" sports car. Stiffer suspension, higher revving, no vsa, etc. obviously I'm an ap1 fan haha.
    Good luck with the sale tho!!!

2. Dec 30, 2011 at 11:14 PM
    01CBR929

01CBR929 Member

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Drives: women crazy
    GLWS.... I think many kids < 21 could be ok with 240hp. I personally love s2000's great cars with fantastic build quality. I've toyed around with the idea of getting one several times. Not exactly a stormer running high 13's. Although an SRT-4 would be more kid proof with wrong wheel drive keeping the car from going all tokyo drift on them. Looks like it would be fun for the occasional track day.

Fixed the tq for you. & Ditto

BTW xrunner, this info is correct regarding ap1s and ap2s. Sorry you don't know where the redline is. Fuel cut occurs at redline, i.e. 9k on ap1's and 8200 on ap2's. Unless of couse the redline was raised, which I doubt they could handle much(if any)any higher piston speed.

3. Dec 30, 2011 at 11:18 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    If I just didn't by my Tacoma I'd be all over this. Way nice S2000 man, you did a lot of good work into this build.

4. Dec 31, 2011 at 3:21 AM
    xxaarraa

xxaarraa Well-Known Member

Member:
    The S2k is the definition of a track car. I would love to own one if I had more room and time.

Pretty useless on the street though, you have to rev the nuts out of that little motor to get moving anywhere. Horsepower doesn't mean anything on the street and the stook makes very little torque (170 ft-lbs is low to begin with, and at astronomical RPM). I had an RSX-S, then an E46 M3 and they all suffered from the "race car syndrome" of being unbelievable on the track but useless on the street.

Good luck OP, $15k is very reasonable for a clean example.

5. Dec 31, 2011 at 5:08 AM
    JEA86

JEA86 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road
    ^^ this

and to all the "Go-Kart Comments" you need to drive my built first gen CRX ;) now thats a high powered Go-Kart LOL

6. Dec 31, 2011 at 5:13 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Now-xroller-Seems LOTS of folks think you have given out bad info...and good/bad/otherwise- You are being a pain in someone else's FS thread...so stop.

GLWS!!

7. Dec 31, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    hookedontronics

hookedontronics [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Glenville, NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC Off Road 4x4
    Icon extended travel 3.5" front coilovers, DSM UCAs, TSB leaf pack w/ wheelers AAL, All Pro U-bolt flip kit, Walker Evans 2.0 rear shocks, 18" XD Monster rims, Nitto trail grappler 285/65R18 Tires, Color matched grill, Grillcraft, Kragen HIDs, Carling switches, my bed light mod, diff drop, Alpine IVA-W505, JL Audio C5 componets and coaxials, JL 300/4 and 250/1 amps and JL stealthbox, wheathertechs, avs vent visors, toyota bed x-tender, alcantara center console cover and door pocket covers, console vault, color matched mirrors, heated mirrors, etc etc etc
    Sure, pass it along.

I turned in the plates to DMV yesterday so I could drop my insurance to comp. it's just sitting in my garage for the time being so I figured I might as well save a few bucks till the spring. If someone wants it over the winter, great. If not it will be for sale in the spring and I expect it to go pretty quick. I have not be actively tring to sell it anywhere. I forgot it was actually up here, I took it off s2ki and nasioc after the last time I drove it saying to myself "no way I can sell this car, it's too much fun". However, like I mentioned before I want to pay off my truck, get engaged and buy a house this year. My gf is going to school to be a pa so in another couple years when she's done I'll get another toy when I'm not carrying all the expenses on my own.

Products Discussed in

To Top