1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NYC Fly-By

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mws4ua, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:09 PM
    Navigator

Navigator Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Sport 6spd
    17" American Racing Assaults on 265/70/17 Goodyear AT/S, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, Toyota Roof Rack, XM install with antenna out 3rd brake light, Red LED Map Lights, AUX Amber LED rocker switch for LED footwell lights, LUND Bug Screen, EXTANG Tri-Fold Tonneau, Hertz Component Speakers w/ TacoTunes Mounts, Infinity Kappa 4 amp, Image Dynamics 10" sub in TacoTunes enclosure, Pop n' Lock, Toyota Aluminum Wedge Running Boards, BHLM, Self Performed '05 Cowl Leak TSB, E-Z Cool Insulation/Sound Deadener applied to floorboard, headliner, and cab bulkhead, 896 Foglight bulbs as backup lights, Weathertechs, Pioneer Double Din, Scan Gauge, AutoSoft Remote Start, 2010 4Runner Heated/Signal/Puddle Mirrors.
    The whole point of all this BS is to keep the public in a complete and utter state of FEAR.

- The Economy Sucks
    - Some Moron decides a hoax 9/11 is a good idea
    - A new Flu Pandemic

Did anyone happen to catch how dramatic the news was tonight? I watched both Canadian news at 6pm and Brian Williams on NBC at 6:30 and it was like "apocalypse now". NBC was trying to tell us that this new flu is going to have devastating effects on the economy as people stay home and shop less as they fear for their lives? What kind of crap is all this? No reported deaths in the US or Canada yet, like what the hell?

Sorry for the rant boys, but just had to get it off my chest. :D

2. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    dud122

dud122 rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    yeah... it said caldera took the blame but he notified NYPD and city hall... looks like the memo got lost somewhere further down the ladder

"A New York City employee has been disciplined for failing to pass on the FAA fly over information when it arrived on the employee's desk at City Hall"

someone should probably notify his/her next of kin...

3. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:19 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua [OP] I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    The Presidential support squadron does NOT do this stuff all the time. Training missions, maybe, but not THIS stuff.

I know they cleared it with all of the police and FAA and whoever else, but they didn't let the PUBLIC know. I'm not even saying the public had a right to know, but how mind-numbingly STUPID is the person who figured that a low-flying jumbo jet over NYC (where low-flying planes mean something completely different than anywhere else in the world) was something that wouldn't cause a panic.

I hope nobody was hurt as they fled buildings in panic.

4. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:21 PM
    fixedforbroke

fixedforbroke Well-Known Member

Member:
    St. Simons Island
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 White as Snow
    Stock the way god made her. (FOR NOW)
    it was a photo shoot approved and supported by the FAA. They should have sent out a memo or something because thats not cool scaring the crap out of everyone.

5. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:23 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!

the public definately should have known (obviously) but i think it is city halls responsibility to put out the alert not the DOD

6. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:26 PM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    Maybe... but the DOD sure as hell should have known that the public had not been informed. What's the harm in calling City Hall and saying "Why haven't you told the public yet?" The "mission" could have waited a day while they plastered noticed all over the news tonight.

7. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC

that seems logical... but rarely is that how things go

the dod did their part... they were good to go as far as they were concerned :rolleyes:

8. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:30 PM
    mws4ua

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    A quote from another article I read:

It sounds like they were more concerned w/ secrecy than the panic they should have seen coming.

I know the argument is coming... Telling the public that the plane was coming wasn't worth the security risk to the plane. I agree. But the panic that ensued wasn't worth whatever photo they snapped, either.

9. Apr 27, 2009 at 6:34 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC

true... sounds like this entire operation wasn't worth it...

anyone have an email address at the DOD that i can send this link to?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/photography/17542-photoshop-request-thread.html

Products Discussed in

To Top