1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

NYC's idiotic gun laws

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by jackhart, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Feb 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM
    jackhart

jackhart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    For the record, I'm born and raised in the NYC metro area. Those responsible for the idiotic gun laws which exist in NYC (and surrounding areas) really irk me to no end. Not only do the restrictive anti-carry laws make no sense whatsoever - allowing only criminals to carry guns, leaving the honest, hardworking general public defenseless and easy targets, just results in more crime, not less - but then you have stories like this out of state Marine, who through a sheer honest mistake is being prosecuted with a crime for voluntarily turning over his gun while visiting at the Empire State Building.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/pistol_whipped_5gZg0aGt2MNYaCDEDbxrLM

Yet through a special program by the NYC DA's office - thugs and low life criminals are allowed to turn in a gun no questions asked and, without fear of prosecution, GET PAID $200 per gun!

Overzealous prosecutors, combined with ill-conceived and illogical gun laws, supported by a mayor who seems to have lost all common sense when it comes to gun laws, results in the type of situation you have here. It seems to me, such actions also stem from ignorance - people who don't understand the issue just assume all guns are dangerous and making it harder for lawful people to possess a gun will just make crime go away. :mad:

2. Feb 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM
    Rmodel65

Rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

Member:
    Jawja
    Vehicle:
    1996 Yota 4x4
    Viper Red paint
    im gonna buy 1k high points for 100$ a piece and drive to NYC and sell them for 200$

3. Feb 15, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    even some antis there have said this is ridiculous... i wish he'd checked and double checked the "laws" there, but this just illustrates how a good well-intentioned citizen, let along serviceman, gets construed as a heinous criminal.

4. Feb 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM
    tacoteacher

tacoteacher Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 access cab 4wd
    Stock for now
    Same fecal matter happens out here in my beloved California:rolleyes:

5. Feb 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    thecoldone06

thecoldone06 Well-Known Member

Member:
  6. Feb 15, 2012 at 8:59 PM
    06rubi

06rubi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenney
    Pueblo West, CO
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM (wife's truck)
    Debadged, tinted windows, 7 pin relocated, bed lights, 12 volt socket in bed of truck, on board air, auxiliary fuse box, grill craft, hella 500's, t-rex eyelids, pink budbuilt skids, icon remote resi coil over, camburg uca, alcan rear springs, ubolt flip, icon 2.5 remote rear resi shocks
    How many letters and phone calls have you made to your legislation about how you feel about the gun laws?

7. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:51 AM
    jackhart

jackhart [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    11 DCLB
    i've written to chucky schmumer and hillary clinton. you get some pro forma response about how busy they are and that they value your opinion. they could give a crap and no response is ever forthcoming after that. i very much doubt it has any effect whatsoever.

8. Feb 16, 2012 at 3:18 PM
    01TacoBuz

01TacoBuz Well-Known Member

Member:
    In the woods
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma SR5
    K&N drop in filter, URD rear simulator, Deck plate mod/home made CAI, No rear cat, MagnaFlow muffler
    Buy a truck load of common sense to take there and sell also, Im sure it will sell very fast

9. Feb 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM
    wileyC

wileyC Well-Known Member

Member:
    Centerville, OH
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner Double Cab TRD Sport
    those are federal politicians, ..not state politicians... state legislature makes state laws... for instance here in OH, we have a state "pre-emption" law, which disallows local municipalities from enacting their own "local" gun laws...

Products Discussed in

To Top