1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

O2 Sensor CEL ALL!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by takaya49, May 3, 2012.

1. May 3, 2012 at 7:18 PM
    takaya49

takaya49 [OP] Pacific Rim Mushrooms

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    tacos
    Fox C/O long travel shox with resi, piggy back fox rears, TC UCA's, ICON AAL, Addicts/17 toyo MT, Mr. Marv set up,
    my mechanic just told me all my o2 sensors are hooped.. I dont know if its normal for all of them to go at once.. anyone had this issue? He says he got both errors when scanning...

anyways.. when he called the parts store they said there were 4 sensors...

I have a 06 taco 4.0 automatic... can anyone verif that?
    anyone recommend a good place to order these fellas?

tanks!

2. May 3, 2012 at 7:32 PM
    Ga tacoguy

Ga tacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Augusta Ga.
    Vehicle:
    Extended cab Base model 4 cyl
    Tailgate mod, horn mod,storage door mod
    :) You should have 2 O2 sensors before your catalytic convertor and 2 O2 sensors after. It is indeed rare for all 4 to fail and not take out the cat also. Can your mechanic give you the P0 codes that told him they were bad ? Did your mechanic use a Computer to read your engine or is he guessing about this ?

You can get a generic O2 replacement on E-bay or at the auto parts house. I would recommend Bosch O2 sensors in a generic form. You can get O2 sensors as Generic and you add your connector off your old one, or you buy a specific O2 sensor with the correct wire on the O2 and you just replace it with no splicing of wires. Now the generic cost half of what a Specific O2 sensor costs and with 4 of them that can make a difference. The Bosch generic O2's are very good and come with a very complete sealing system for the wires that connect from the old harness to the new O2 sensor.

I would replace the front two sensors first, if he shows you the codes that show they are bad. You can test the O2 sensors with a multimeter, and your mechanic should know this. Good Luck.

3. May 3, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    1GR

1GR Toyota Dealer Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    There are two Air/fuel sensors, and two oxygen sensors. If it shows that (for example) both bank 1 A/F and O2 have failed, ONLY replace the A/F sensor first. If it shows that bank one and two have failed for either sensor, replace both.

4. May 3, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    takaya49

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    tacos
    Fox C/O long travel shox with resi, piggy back fox rears, TC UCA's, ICON AAL, Addicts/17 toyo MT, Mr. Marv set up,
    Mechanic has a INNOVA computer. Hes a friend and was kind of busy... What came up was 2 errors. He originally thought the truck just had 2 sensors but later found out after calling parts store...
    Im guessing the computer he uses just gave him codes for pre and post cat. Its to late to ask him what codes came up as im sure he wont remember..

So when you buy left and right pre and post CAT do they come together ( left & right)?

Im looking at rock auto and it looks like they do...

also, do you think his particular computer might not show exactly if its left or right and might just give him a code for both??

5. May 3, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    Ga tacoguy

Ga tacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rudy
    Augusta Ga.
    Vehicle:
    Extended cab Base model 4 cyl
    Tailgate mod, horn mod,storage door mod
    :) Each failed component will have a unique failure code for each one. Maybe he did not clear the codes and can show them to you. If you write down each one in the order that that come up, it will help to determine what is wrong. Good Luck.

6. May 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    1GR

1GR Toyota Dealer Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport
    Wow. Don't go to that mechanic. The codes in the system don't automatically mean you need sensors. They need to be checked first. To do this, you'd have to go under the vehicle and you would notice that there are four sensors.

If you can get me the codes, I can help you.

7. May 3, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    takaya49

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vancouver BC
    Vehicle:
    tacos
    thanks Guys, He cleared them and told me to come back if they come up again...
    Ill post back when they come up again

Products Discussed in

To Top