1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

O2 sensor garage error HELP!

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Gigs rig, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Jun 17, 2018 at 2:35 PM
    Gigs rig

Gigs rig [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma
    My 07' Tacoma SR5 4 cy lost bank 1 sensor 1 so reluctantly I purchased 1. Got the old 1 out, but couldn't get the new one to thread. Called my machanic told him I would need some help. Dropped it off only to find they said the threads on the new one were messed up, so they ordered me a new one. It didn't fit either so they tapped out the hole till it did. Only to find they used the part # from the box I took in. Turns out Advanced Auto sold me the wrong one initially. So I now have a downstream in both my bank1 and bank 2 and now I need a new exhaust. $160 fix my be close $1000. He argued that the universal O2 sensors sometimes don't fit and didn't bother to look up the part himself, that's why he tapped it. My question is is there any truth to universal sensors not fitting or is he just not admitting guilt?

2. Jun 17, 2018 at 2:40 PM
    Braves95

Braves95 Go Clemson Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    17 MGM TRD Off Road DCSB P&T 6MT
    Fab Fours Bumper Block Heater Dual Exhaust Flow Master Smittybilt 12k Winch Synthetic Rope Bed Mat Roof Rack Puddle Lights 17" Rockstar Wheels NittoTerra Grapplers Power TailGate Lock Tonneau Cover w/lights Mobtown sliders MT Remote Start Tinted Windows Front And Rear Camera BRC Competition Diff Breather Bed Step Weather tech Floor Mats TRD Pro Tail lights TRD MT Shift Knob ARB dual compressor URD short shifter Kings 2.5 OEM W/remote resi. Click adjuster.
    Not to be a debbie downer, but you did take the part to him and asked for him to install it.
    I would be yelling at the parts guy. He's the professional and got you the part. All you did wrong was ask the part guy for a part.

3. Jun 17, 2018 at 3:21 PM
    Gigs rig

Gigs rig [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma
    Yes I did take him the part. And yes the the parts store is at fault ( we are all at fault) but with that being said you would have to think as a being a service center if the part doesn't fit and the only way to get it to work is to splice the old connection to the unit to make it work that the neglagents lies with the service center. I've never heard of a mechanic assuming the guy bringing a part into his store to be assembled and having to reorder a part doesn't take the time to look up the part himself.

4. Jun 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM
    Braves95

Braves95 Go Clemson Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    17 MGM TRD Off Road DCSB P&T 6MT
    Fab Fours Bumper Block Heater Dual Exhaust Flow Master Smittybilt 12k Winch Synthetic Rope Bed Mat Roof Rack Puddle Lights 17" Rockstar Wheels NittoTerra Grapplers Power TailGate Lock Tonneau Cover w/lights Mobtown sliders MT Remote Start Tinted Windows Front And Rear Camera BRC Competition Diff Breather Bed Step Weather tech Floor Mats TRD Pro Tail lights TRD MT Shift Knob ARB dual compressor URD short shifter Kings 2.5 OEM W/remote resi. Click adjuster.
    That's true. But I would give the part store a ear full. Then have a talking with the auto repair. I think they both should pay half. I hope it works out for you.

Gigs rig[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top