1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oahu Members Thread

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Junyaboi808, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Sep 5, 2016 at 7:24 PM
    kh7nm

kh7nm Stay Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Miles
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DC 4x4 TX PRO Off Road
    What have you done to your truck lately
    Or you can talk to Sarah from boss 4x4 she can bring it in. There's suppose to be another pallet coming to hawaii in September some time.

2. Sep 5, 2016 at 9:47 PM
    seoulja99

seoulja99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB 4x4 V6 TX Baja (1GR-FE)
    all things mall rated
    Thank you, Miles! I'll try to contact her and see what she has to offer.

I also heard that Pelfreybilt sells or can coordinate the purchase of some suspension parts.

If I can get them at a good deal, I'm all for it to buy now. But if I have to wait, I'll just stick to the single AAL for now and upgrade when the leaf packs are available...whenever that may be.

My concern is the squatting/sagging in the rear. I'd prefer a slight rake or at least leveled.

3. Sep 5, 2016 at 10:05 PM
    kh7nm

kh7nm Stay Boosted

Member:
    First Name:
    Miles
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DC 4x4 TX PRO Off Road
    What have you done to your truck lately
    Sarah can get anything that 4 wheel parts sells, pelfreybilt, all pro , total chaos just to name a few. There's a pallet shipping this month to Oahu so you can save some money there.

4. Sep 5, 2016 at 11:19 PM
    Boomkanani

Boomkanani Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Goldsboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffRoad DCSB - 6 Speed
    Some stuffz
    Hopefully got some kings coming in on that pallet :fingerscrossed:

5. Sep 5, 2016 at 11:22 PM
    Boomkanani

Boomkanani Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Goldsboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffRoad DCSB - 6 Speed
    Some stuffz
    I get my tires from Amazon...free shipping, pretty much any size, and almost always in stock.

6. Sep 6, 2016 at 8:51 AM
    A1Cfuji

A1Cfuji Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Branden
    Wahiawa,HI
    yup I get my tires from Amazon too. I bought KM2 and compared prices with 4 wheel parts and maui offroad. was about $50-$60 difference per tire.

7. Sep 6, 2016 at 2:04 PM
    cubiclesurfer

cubiclesurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kailua-Kona, HI
    my Dakar's squeak like hell :spy:

they're good though, I have a snugtop camper, and the last time I went camping, my bed was full of water, coolers & ice, and all kine shit, and the rear didn't drop down at all. I think if I had the option though, I'd get the AP standards. I don't "haul" anything to warrant Dakar's... I just happened to score them in a trade. 6-8 weeks is minor. I'd do it, if someone shipped to Big Island :pout:

did you try Lex Brodies? that's where I got mines from, but I'm in Kona. I assume Oahu would get the same stuff? not sure how much research you've done on the ST Maxx, but they're heavy as fck, even the smaller/stock sizes. I mean, if you're getting them just for aggressive sidewalls and not so much for offroading, I would go BFG from Costco. but I will say that the ST Maxx sidewall is definitely solid, and it's super quiet on road. I have them in 255/85/16's.

seoulja99 likes this.
  8. Sep 6, 2016 at 2:12 PM
    hacklerjason

hacklerjason hACKman's Customs

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Ewa Beach, HI
    Vehicle:
    2016 Chevy Colorado Duramax Turbo Diesel
    BajaKits UCA King 2.5 Extended Travel Remote Reservoir, Compression Adjustable (Front) King 2.5 Piggyback Reservoir, Compression Adjustable (Rear) American Racing AR910, Gloss Black PC
    Most of us truck guys wont haul... Maybe hauling babies or groceries haha... I got mine specifically for the new baby coming... When i approached the household budget committee i stated on my MSR (Materials/Supply Request) that my access cab was big enough when i bought it. There were only 3 of us then, and the smallest no longer req'd a rear facing seat. Now that we have a new one coming and needs a rear facing seat, the access cab taco was too small and i needed a bigger truck... She looked at me with this look like i planted the seed and grew a new truck this whole time haha... I told her if that were the case id be better off buying in cash... That would be the most expensive truck ever...

squint0241[QUOTED] and seoulja99 like this.
  9. Sep 6, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 DC, 6 spd, TRD Sport
    King ext travel coilovers, Icon tubular UCA's Rear-King "Tundra" 2.5's, Allpro Expos, TRD cat-back, Hurst/Core short shift kit, etc...
    The standard pack went to another member.

seoulja99[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Sep 6, 2016 at 7:01 PM
    jimbo808

jimbo808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kapolei, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4
    Debadged, Mbrp cat back turn down, Afe drop in filter, Icon extended travel, Light Racing ucas, Dakars, Icon 2.0 vs monotubes, 285/70r17 goodyear kevlar Mtrs, Morimoto Minis D2S' bhlm with blacked out bowls, Bamf Sliders, pelfrey single hoop front bumper, smittybilt X20 10k, pelfrey ifs skid, pelfrey trans skid, all pro rear with side plates, sway bar removed, front superbumps, Avec 20 inch light bar, rigid flood fogs
    hey guys need your help. I did a coolant flush maybe 3-4 years ago because i topped it off with some walmart stuff and i wanted to replace with all toyota. It was on the min level on the reservoir about 2 months ago so i topped it off with more toyota coolant. present day it lost about a centimeter in the reservoir. I checked to the radiator cap today and it's brown. What you guys think it is? I checked the oil and it looks good.

11. Sep 6, 2016 at 7:17 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    get a radiator funnel and idle the engine while watching the coolant flow?

what color was the walmart fluid? its possible that the brown color could be a mix of the red and green/yellow?

12. Sep 6, 2016 at 7:22 PM
    jimbo808

Member:
    Kapolei, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4
    Debadged, Mbrp cat back turn down, Afe drop in filter, Icon extended travel, Light Racing ucas, Dakars, Icon 2.0 vs monotubes, 285/70r17 goodyear kevlar Mtrs, Morimoto Minis D2S' bhlm with blacked out bowls, Bamf Sliders, pelfrey single hoop front bumper, smittybilt X20 10k, pelfrey ifs skid, pelfrey trans skid, all pro rear with side plates, sway bar removed, front superbumps, Avec 20 inch light bar, rigid flood fogs
    the walmart stuff was green, I'll try the radiator funnel as long as i can find it or I'll buy one tonight.

13. Sep 6, 2016 at 7:27 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    its hard to get all the old coolant when you flush, so hopefully its some of the leftover green

14. Sep 6, 2016 at 7:31 PM
    jimbo808

Member:
    Kapolei, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4
    hopefully that's it. now i'm wondering why I'm losing so little coolant so slowly. Maybe the coolants going bad? It has been like 70-80k miles since I flushed it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  15. Sep 6, 2016 at 7:59 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    if it continues to drop, you may have a leak...head gaskets are not fun, but it looks like there is enough room to work on it

hacklerjason likes this.
  16. Sep 6, 2016 at 10:26 PM
    jimbo808

Member:
    Kapolei, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4
    my eyes must be playing a trick on me but i checked what color it was with a flashlight to see and looked more pink. so i took some out to take a better look. I'm hoping it's just the cap that's bad.

i forgot to add that after the engine is all warmed up, the reservoir has a small smount of bubbles, not constantly though coming from the rad cap into the reservoir.
    image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  17. Sep 6, 2016 at 11:18 PM
    hemitruk

hemitruk Old man , young boi truk

Member:
    First Name:
    Kurt
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab Sport,
    A few
    Looks normal color . If you got leak the pink kind of makes it easier to see . Look for pinkish white type stains.

18. Sep 7, 2016 at 12:59 AM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    King ext travel coilovers, Icon tubular UCA's Rear-King "Tundra" 2.5's, Allpro Expos, TRD cat-back, Hurst/Core short shift kit, etc...
    I would keep an eye on the bubbles in the resi. You may have the beginning stages of a bad head gasket.

hacklerjason likes this.
  19. Sep 7, 2016 at 2:20 AM
    jimbo808

Member:
    Kapolei, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport 4x4
    thanks, I'll keep an eye on it. Gonna get my oil tested at blackstone lab and hopefully no coolants inside.

20. Sep 7, 2016 at 8:30 AM
    deeezy

deeezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Oh yeah, that's a good idea. You can even let them know, in the comments, what issue you are trying to figure out.

Products Discussed in

To Top