1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oahu Members Thread

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Junyaboi808, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Mar 9, 2019 at 6:16 PM
    seoulja99

seoulja99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB 4x4 V6 TX Baja (1GR-FE)
    all things mall rated
    Bwahahaha! Should have said what’s up! LOL. Lots of people around.

2. Mar 9, 2019 at 7:08 PM
    Jultepod

Jultepod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Gray Tacoma TRD
    K&N cold air, Exhaust, rims and tires, 3" king extended travel coilovers and total chaos UCAs, rear diff breather mod, CBI off-road ditch brackets with Cali raised LED pod lights and painless wiring harness, 4xinnovations rock sliders, cab mount chop.
    Hahah nah if I want a pic of your truck I'll walk down the street on my lunch break

Hahah nah you were with some people and my baby was starting to he a dick. So I was on the way out the door anyways.

3. Mar 9, 2019 at 7:23 PM
    05Taco4x4

05Taco4x4 ToyotaHubs

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2TR-FE Enthusiast
    FJ Tcase, Manual Hubs, 2017 Head unit, Mirror Riser
    I went last year, was underwhelmed and figured would be a waste of time

4. Mar 10, 2019 at 7:28 AM
    polekasta

polekasta Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wahiawa, Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 long bed
    add a leaf, Bilstein 5100's
    Same here. Went, and wasn't impressed. GF even said it seemed like there was less vendors there along with less things to purchase.

5. Mar 10, 2019 at 10:42 AM
    Jultepod

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Gray Tacoma TRD
    K&N cold air, Exhaust, rims and tires, 3" king extended travel coilovers and total chaos UCAs, rear diff breather mod, CBI off-road ditch brackets with Cali raised LED pod lights and painless wiring harness, 4xinnovations rock sliders, cab mount chop.
    Deffinalty less vendors this year. Pluse WTF no king?! Youd think with how many of the show trucks were running kings they would have been there. But as everyone has said in the past it's more of a jeep show anyways so I didnt have my hopes up of leaving with anything.

6. Mar 10, 2019 at 2:00 PM
    Chex808

Chex808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DCSB
    I was also bummed there wasn’t a King booth. Then again procomp and the bds 6” lifts that run fox shocks are all people buy down here. There were a decent amount of people interested in my King setup though.

7. Mar 10, 2019 at 2:16 PM
    Boomkanani

Boomkanani Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Goldsboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD OffRoad DCSB - 6 Speed
    Some stuffz
    Some build their vehicles for use, some do it for their 10 Instagram followers. Truck fest is mostly for the grammers...just like Jeeps.

seoulja99, 05Taco4x4 and kakwvu like this.
  8. Mar 10, 2019 at 2:30 PM
    Boomkanani

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Goldsboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    Some stuffz
    That being said....my daughter and I will be at Truck Fest today lol

seoulja99 and El Duderino like this.
  9. Mar 10, 2019 at 10:39 PM
    DEDAFLO670

DEDAFLO670 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Manuel
    Waipio
    Vehicle:
    15 Trd sport
  10. Mar 11, 2019 at 12:36 AM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.
    Rightfully so!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    El Duderino likes this.
  11. Mar 11, 2019 at 9:06 AM
    Jultepod

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Gray Tacoma TRD
    Ok let's be honest here out of all the things that happen this was probably one of the more harmless things that anyone in the offroad community does. Theres plenty of people that roll their vehicles and spill fluids, break windows, break beer bottles, dump trash, and leave their shells out there. Yah wasnt cool but in the big picture not a big deal. Plus hes gonna probably be paying a big payment to a charity or parks and recreation. Everyone's so quick to get their pitchforks and torches. But 90% of people would have done something similar or didnt know the rules either. Everyone needs to chill and just take this as an education moment and not just attack this man and his business. At least he openly apologize and didnt blame his supporters like pelfrey did. If Tacomabeast only had 1K followers or less I dont think anyone would have given 2 shits.

12. Mar 11, 2019 at 9:11 AM
    kakwvu

kakwvu Almost Heaven

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R TRD Pro
    They’re all clowns, but pretty much. Everyone acts like that guys like Max Powell are some savior to the community and all they do is full retard their rigs into shit they shouldn’t be doing and grenade their trucks all over a trail and laugh about it.

13. Mar 11, 2019 at 1:32 PM
    raycie

raycie Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB / 2016 4R Trail
    In need of $$$
    Roll Vehicle and spill fluid, break windows as a result is = accidental (hopefully)

Beer bottles and trash agree, but to a lesser extent. Trash and bottles can get picked up, carving into a landscape is almost permanent.

Kaena and other areas have been resisticted/closed by people who abuse.

I know one thing for sure, I get personally upset when I take my kids camping up Peacock and see a bunch of swearing and other vulgar words carved and written on the structure. Not something I want my littles to see.

deeezy, El Duderino and seoulja99 like this.
  14. Mar 11, 2019 at 2:18 PM
    Boomkanani

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Goldsboro, NC
    Vehicle:
    Some stuffz
    You really think 90% of off-roaders/campers don't know that's unacceptable? Something similar happened in 2016, except it was sharpie marker and they were definitely called out.
    https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/tw-member-vandalizing-totw.444358/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.a...udgens-rock-carving-vandalism-839969/amp-page

If you're gonna have a "business" (aka having a platform to sell other companies' products) within the off-roading/overlanding community, you should be knowledgeable about those topics. But let's be real...all he really does is repost other people's pictures on Instagram.

El Duderino and seoulja99 like this.
  15. Mar 11, 2019 at 2:49 PM
    Jultepod

Member:
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2013 Gray Tacoma TRD
    Yes I do think that 90% of people really dont know better. Most people buy a truck and just so straight offroading. Or will just slap a lift on a truck and go do whatever they want. Most the time unless you were brought up in this kind of stuff you probably dont know theres rules. Just a dirt road and some rocks.

But yes if you have a business you should educate yourself and staff. Key word there was "should" doesnt mean they will. Not defending tacomabeast at all. Think they are just a popular repost IG too. But still think people are going a little to crazy. With supposed death threats and peope blasting him on social media but probably have done similar mistakes too.

16. Mar 13, 2019 at 12:06 AM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    i think more of the "locals" run Fox vs Kings because they associate it more with the clothing brand and/or have dirt bikes with similar gear. I use the term very loosely, based on what a lot of guys at work have on their trucks. Kings also cost more too. It also possibly they had a conflicting schedule.

17. Mar 13, 2019 at 11:29 AM
    kalaukoa

kalaukoa Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kailua
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD OR 4x4 Access Cab
    So my safety expires this month. I have been putting off getting my recon, and today is the day. Made a appointment at Firestone, and when I got here he told me any modified vehicle cannot get the lifetime warranty and it’s company policy. Oh well, I took the day off work to get this done. Yesterday I went to the auto skills center and forgot my registration there. Went back after work to pick it up, and they had given it to someone else. Faaaak! This isn’t off to a good start. My truck has a small lift and stock wheels and tires. I was running wheel spacers and took them off because the tires were sticking out past the fender. They are pretty much right at the fender now. Should I bring some garden trim and self tapping sheet metal screws just to be safe? The front wheel bearing needs to be changed and is squeaking. Will this be an issue? Mahalo in advance old wise ones.

18. Mar 13, 2019 at 11:55 AM
    kakwvu

kakwvu Almost Heaven

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 T4R TRD Pro
    If it’s at the fender, you should be fine. They don’t drive your car at recon, you park and they do a walk around. Safety on the other hand may catch the squeaky wheel.

kalaukoa[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Mar 13, 2019 at 2:09 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    sounds like a sad day

20. Mar 13, 2019 at 2:34 PM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
    Yea I had to go to Goodyear Kaneohe to get my alignment for recon cause firestone sucks asshole

Products Discussed in

To Top