1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oahu Members Thread

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Junyaboi808, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Apr 19, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    luka

luka Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Kailua, HI
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner -> 4WD Converted
    Pelfreybilt, Warn, BAMF, DTRL toggle on/off, FJ OEM Fog/Aux Light switches, 2012 lower center console swap, wired in auto-dimming rear view mirror, Wet-Okole inside, Weathertech , Rigid, Tint, Roto-Pax, Bestop, OME, Extended SS brake lines, TRD TX Pro/Baja Graphite 16" Rims
    perhaps, i'm in the 79 day course now, and it'll be 69 later this year...anything out of the classroom will be faster :p

I probably won't plasma cut much when I get back except for stuff at home, who was your instructor here?

2. Apr 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    WailuaTaco808

WailuaTaco808 A.L.O.H.A. Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Smallkine lost... Atleast i get 4wd
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD SPORT Kauai Built
    Stockish bahahaha
    i wonder if plasma cutting my frame would be fast and easy..... i need to do the body mount chop to make sure my 35s fit better

3. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    senojeelnodnarb

senojeelnodnarb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCSB 4x4 TRD OR, 6-Spd Manual
    Fully De-Badged, Mossy Oak seat covers, Fog Light anytime mod, Custom Bed Light Bar, flowmaster 40 series, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Painted Stock TRD Rims, Custom Plate Bumper, High-Lift Bed Mount, Ballacula Trailer Plug Relocate, Rear Seat Dog Platform, sunglasses holder Switch panel, 2" lift, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, custom sliders, + a shit load more,
    Newcomb was in charge of the machine side. And I was stationed with loving and wakelee. I don't think anyone else is still there. They cut a lot to make the 79 day course. Like tig titainium and oxy soldering.

4. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM
    senojeelnodnarb

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    Fully De-Badged, Mossy Oak seat covers, Fog Light anytime mod, Custom Bed Light Bar, flowmaster 40 series, Plasti-Dipped Grille, Painted Stock TRD Rims, Custom Plate Bumper, High-Lift Bed Mount, Ballacula Trailer Plug Relocate, Rear Seat Dog Platform, sunglasses holder Switch panel, 2" lift, 285/75/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ, custom sliders, + a shit load more,
    Fast yes easy yes. Trick is welding it back haha

5. Apr 19, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    WailuaTaco808

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Vehicle:
    Stockish bahahaha
    hahaha awesome, good thing i know u guys then :p

6. Apr 20, 2013 at 2:07 AM
    Brendo Ballz808

Brendo Ballz808 Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Check out my build:)
    Aye I know most if not all you guys are lifted but any ideas on how I could raise my tranny crossmember?? I'm thinking after recon of raising the crossmember so I don't scrape as much I already got stuck on my own driveway carrying a person in the truck and I still need to drop the back another 2 inches

I figure I ask since you guys are on the topic of cutting and welding

Mahalo

7. Apr 20, 2013 at 2:16 AM
    senojeelnodnarb

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    i would but bushings/spacers between the cross member and the frame. you could get some for free if you know a machine shop/ someone with a lathe

8. Apr 20, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    senojeelnodnarb

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    or you could tell me the bolt size and how far you wanna raise it and i could make some. (if bushings are a way)

9. Apr 20, 2013 at 2:22 AM
    senojeelnodnarb

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    what all do you have to do? and i can tell you how hard it would be.

but if i wanted some thing to look pretty/be strong. i wouldnt hand plasma cut anything on my truck. cut off wheel is the way to go on frame work.(may take a bit longer but will have a better weld) and i would weld a back up plate on the inside on the frame for support.

10. Apr 20, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    Brendo Ballz808

Brendo Ballz808 Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK

Member:
    First Name:
    BRENDEN
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    SNOFLAKE
    Check out my build:)
    Idk if pre runners and 4x4 have the same crossmember as my base but yeah it rises as it goes to the middle to support the tranny however I see one issue is that if I raise it to match the height of the frame I'll need to notch the crossmember to be able to go below my exhaust near the two cats and O2 sensor

11. Apr 20, 2013 at 2:50 AM
    senojeelnodnarb

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    I dont like the idea of notching the cross member

12. Apr 20, 2013 at 2:52 AM
    senojeelnodnarb

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oahu, HI /Canton, NC
    Vehicle:
    So... any one up for kaena Saturday or sunday?

13. Apr 20, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    lemon177

lemon177 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    kauai/oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 4x4 sport pyrite mica
    TRD supercharger, URD 2.85" stealth pulley, TRD exhaust, TRD intake, DTLT headers, URD y-pipe, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM100 touch with OBDII and SM-AFR modules, 885 OME 3", Satoshi grill, Solid rear window.
    So far its chris at sandys on Saturday, so far im going out to meet up.

I think Ron is doing kaena point on Sunday

When's good for you?

14. Apr 20, 2013 at 4:06 AM
    EODTech08

EODTech08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Oahu, HI
    Vehicle:
    '11 Access Cab TRD Off-Road
    FX-R Retrofits, Hood Struts, aFe CAI, Wet Okoles, Pioneer AVH-P8400BH Head Unit,
    So far I think this is honestly the best idea for the location. Anyone object? Better ideas? I know Hawaii Kai was also mentioned which is also a good choice.

In other news truck Friday is finally on break until morning. Started at 0900 this morning and just now (1230AM) finished for the night.

Got the oil changed, installed the Pop & Lock, and completed my massive headlight project consisting of:

Bake and open
    Re-paint w/ flat black, tried to add texture like Nate's but ran out of paint
    Re-seal

It sounds easier than it was!!

Pop & Lock. This thing is SWEET!
    [​IMG]

And pics of the lift and tires that I've been neglecting to take for you guys.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Apr 20, 2013 at 5:19 AM
    xmods

xmods Super Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathaniel
    Kaneohe
    Vehicle:
    10' PRO-4X CC, modded..
    Too long to list :D
    I was going to say "fast" and "easy" do not go with "cutting my frame", if you want to do it right :)

Really, fast and easy never goes with doing it right.. Think of airport hookers...

""Swapping is feasible, but as new as these trucks are....its not going to be anywhere near airport hooker cheap""

But I guess in our case, it would be China Town hookers?

Headlights always sound a lot easier than they are.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  16. Apr 20, 2013 at 8:24 AM
    tx novice

tx novice Foward momentum

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    OAHU
    Vehicle:
    11 DC 4X4 TX PRO silver
    Trd, Cal Tech, Weather tech, Viper, Al's tinting . L.E.D's , Hide a Hitch or Chrome Stinger , Walker Evans Resi's w/AllPro 3" lift ,FLM, ProComp Xtreme MT2 , Diff Breather Mod, 4x4 Switch Light mod, Plastic Derped. Trailer Socket Relocate mod via Miles , 4:56 G2 gears. Blue Intake Spacer, S.S. Brake Lines F&R, Sway Bar Deleted, Roll-X, Pop-N-Lock Electric. Red metal TRD badges. Paid Off Mod- Chee Hu, Superbumbs(f),Timbrens(r).Pelfrey Bilt, Bamf, Urd. Cobra Heat Shield.CMC .Mishimoto (custom bracket by Nate), Powerstop, Rampage 50".Depo Taillights,SPPC Black Headlights, Rigid Industries. Factor 55.American AirFlow.

17. Apr 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    bullaculla

bullaculla IKA fabrications

Member:
    Honolulu HI
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB Tacoma 4X4 TRD Off Road
    Fox 2.5 IFP extended travel coilovers, Fox 2.0 extended travel FJC rear piggyback shock, Icon 3 leaf progressive mini AAL pack, Total Chaos UCAs, konig countersteer wheels and 285/75/16 duratrac tires.
    Ron, I might be down on Sunday. Been dying to get out there. Still running stock tires tho...

18. Apr 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM
    FMF

FMF Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    TRD Bronze BeadLocks, Toyota roof rack, tube steps, Toyota skid plate, HIDs, Rockford Fosgate sounds, clazzio seat covers.
    I was fine with my stock tires out there. Just steer clear of the big mud holes.

Ron, What time are y'all thinking for Sunday

19. Apr 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    WailuaTaco808

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Vehicle:
    Stockish bahahaha
    My 35's are rubbing the frame where the body mount sits in the front. Im going to chop it back to the mount which is probably a good 2 inches at the max (but at an angle so less in some areas) but these arent exact measurements so im not sure. So when i hit bumps while taking turns i dont whack the body mount with my tires and ruin em.

When and where exactly today??? im down

bahhahahahahahaha id say maybe China town but u cant beat those EWOK --- but free isnt always better......:dancingbacon:

20. Apr 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM
    lemon177

lemon177 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    kauai/oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 tacoma 4x4 sport pyrite mica
    TRD supercharger, URD 2.85" stealth pulley, TRD exhaust, TRD intake, DTLT headers, URD y-pipe, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM100 touch with OBDII and SM-AFR modules, 885 OME 3", Satoshi grill, Solid rear window.
    He said he'll be there at 2. I should get there around then

Products Discussed in this Thread

To Top