1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oahu Taco Maintenance

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by 808nalu, Sep 7, 2010.

1. 808nalu

808nalu [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco
    Aloha. New taco and member here!

I generally do tune ups myself but I am just wondering where most of you Oahu guys go for any kine maintenance or added mods. Not interested in going to the stealership.

Mahalo

2. 1one1

1one1 addicted...

Member:
    First Name:
    Keone
    Eastside Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCSB Sport 4x4
    blk headlights, 6k hid's, blk grillcraft top n bottom, led taillights w/ smoked reverse, blk wet okoles, extang trifold cover, 265/70 duratracs, bilstien 5100 @ 2.5, 1.5" aal rear, spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, super white led interior lights, 2 JL 10" subs in custom box, alpine m-1000 amp, Pioneer 3200dvd head unit, husky floor liners, more to come...
    Congrats on the the new truck and welcome to TW. I think everyone pretty much does most of the easy stuff on their own but if you decide to do any mods that you think you can't handle just post it up and if we can't help we can refer you to someone that can. Anything planned for your truck yet?

3. 808nalu

Member:
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco
    :Shaka: one

maybe a toytec lift and some hids for now. how many of u guys are running hids? any issues with law enforcement? they won't pass safety check yeah? so u have to put stock back in each year?

4. 1one1

1one1 addicted...

Member:
    First Name:
    Keone
    Eastside Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCSB Sport 4x4
    blk headlights, 6k hid's, blk grillcraft top n bottom, led taillights w/ smoked reverse, blk wet okoles, extang trifold cover, 265/70 duratracs, bilstien 5100 @ 2.5, 1.5" aal rear, spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers, super white led interior lights, 2 JL 10" subs in custom box, alpine m-1000 amp, Pioneer 3200dvd head unit, husky floor liners, more to come...
    As far as hids I'm running 6k for two years now. Knock on wood I haven't had any run INS with the law. Not too sure bout safety but I see cops running them too now and I've heard that you can pass recon with them depending what bulb you run.

5. Kelson

Kelson My Truck is Cuter than Yours

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    when i had HIDs i went through a couple DUI checkpoints without them really noticing. i did get stopped, tint checked etc. but that was before i was dropped and they were only 5K. as long as theyre not super blue HPD tends to not bother too much, unless they really want to give you a ticket.

and ive heard about passing recon with them too...my friend's old titan had 6Ks both in the headlights and the fogs, and he passed. so i guess it depends.

6. 808nalu

Member:
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    07 Taco
    [​IMG]

any u guys have weathertech floor liners? anyone bought em online recently? where is the cheapest place thanks since i was quoted $100+ in shipping from weathertech.com

7. 1one1

1one1 addicted...

Member:
    First Name:
    Keone
    Eastside Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCSB Sport 4x4
    I think there's a group buy on them right now. If you click on topics at the top of your screen then look for group buys and look for weathertech u should find it. I personally have the moulded husky mats and love um. They easiest to clean and maintain. Good investment.

8. pinktaco808

pinktaco808 Hot Steppa

Member:
    where in kalihi??? how the prices

9. happyb

happyb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    on a beach in hawaii
    Vehicle:
    to my taste