1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OBD2 that reads detailed engine stats

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by foampile, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Feb 7, 2023 at 7:08 PM
    Dm93

Dm93 Test Don't Guess

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DC OR 6spd 4x4
    Predator tube steps, Ranch Hand grill guard, Magnaflow CatBack exhaust, Toyota tool box & bed mat, 2LO Module by @Up2NoGood, Rearview Compass/Temp Mirror, Tune by @JustDSM.
    1st gens don't have much in the way of functional tests, basic engine commands such as commanding solenoids on and off is about it.
    As far as modules PCM, Airbag, & ABS is about it on 1st gens.

My 14 has PCM, ABS/VSC, Airbag, Occupant Classification ECU, Cruise (Part of PCM but shows up as a separate module), TPMS ECU, Combination Meter, & Immobilizer ECU.

At least scan tool prices have dropped drastically in the past few years, you can get one that does pretty much everything for under $1k now. A few years ago it would have been about double that.

I wish it was the same way in the equipment world, I've been looking at scan tools for offroad equipment as may dad has bought some late model tractors that have electronic engine management and the emissions BS and I'm sure at some point I'll be needing to diagnose problems on them.
    In the off-highway world there are basically 3 options, Texa (~$4000), Jaltest (~$4000 + required annual subscription), or OEM (~$1500-5000 depending on manufacturer and most don't want to sell it to you).

To Top