1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Obese People

Discussion in 'Health' started by raswank, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sep 9, 2011 at 11:22 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Uh yeah, but what kills people is they don't get out and do anything to burn that shit out and it collects and collects lol. Gotta balance it out FTW. If you gotta have it, go exercise some or it'll pile uponya..........

2. Sep 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    Derpy Derek

Derpy Derek Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Brookings, OR
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB
    ARB Bumper, Smittybilt X20, King suspension
    :laughing:

3. Sep 9, 2011 at 2:10 PM
    Ivan

Ivan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, 4x4 + SR5
    Obese people should be cut off from anything but water, I decided to stop drinking soda about 2 years ago, not fully, but only when I go out to a restauraunt, last time I drank coke ( about 3 months ago ) I had a few sips, and just couldn't stand the taste! I'll stick to water

And people say that they might be obese because they have a handicap caused by bad health.....well duh, getting fat can cause some kind of problem, and just set the ball rolling on poor health....for the most part, the fat get fatter

4. Sep 9, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4

I'm the same way with coke now..I used to be able to drink 3-4 cans a day...now I can't even finish a can on the rare occasions I drink one now. It's way too sweet for me. I also used to drink sweet tea all the time and I slowly weened myself off of the sugar and now I only drink unsweet tea.

5. Sep 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM
    TacoMatt02

TacoMatt02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    02 sr5 double cab
    i exercise by eating a bunch of burgers and then running from bar to bar drinking beers and then fast the next day because I'm to busy being hungover and yacking in the toilet. works for me

6. Sep 11, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    Ivan

Ivan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, 4x4 + SR5

Exactly!!! Gotta balance all the calories the burger has, with some walking from bar to bar, and throwing up is a great lower ab workout! :D

7. Sep 25, 2011 at 9:58 AM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    could be wrong.... but isnt that fat guy in overalls on this season of the Biggest Loser?

8. Oct 3, 2011 at 5:10 AM
    raswank

raswank [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 6 speed
    Grillcraft, Rear leaf TSB, 5100's at .85, with Eibachs, 265/70/17 BF Goodrich AT/S Tires, Hella 500's behind Grill, Kenwood KDC X995 H/U all Boston Acoustic speakers, JL Audio subs, Kenwood XR5 S amp, ATX Chrome 17x8 wheels

Damn sad part is, someone is tappin that.

9. Nov 30, 2011 at 4:48 PM
    XB81

XB81 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Hidalgo,TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    Diff Breather Mod, tint, light bar
    I'll admit it i'm obese ... been overweight most of my life and its difficult but I don't blame anyone but myself. As for insurance, I dont have any, when I need to see my doctor I pay out of pocket. At one point I was weighing about 350lbs, saw a Dr. and was able to lose about 60lbs. Started working at a local mall, night crew and ucked by routine needless to say I gained it back. Horrible eating habits. I've always been that quiet type of guy, my self esteem is shot, Im tall & fat but hey that's my fault. That was a couple years ago.

Now I'm trying to break that horrible habit. I have a meal plan designed for me & have been doing Zumba for about a month already. Im working on myself & I know its going to be a long road ahead.

Its doesn't help when people mock you because you're bigger than them, we have feelings too. Only once was I called a name in high school & it didnt end well for that person.

10. Nov 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM
    11SuperwhiteTRD

11SuperwhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Beaverton, OR
    Vehicle:
    11 Super White TRD Off Road w JBL
    AFE cai, MBRP cat back, TonnoPro hard folding cover, Weather Tech's
    xb81 you are on the right track it only takes that first choice to start the ball rolling for positive changes. i decided to start working out when i was 21 i was 6 foot and weighing in at 265. few months after that i made it down to 217 and joined the marine corps. the first thing i did was i didnt have cable in my apartment(cause i was cheap) so i would go watch tv in the gym at the apartment while riding the bike or running on the eliptical.... also it helps a lot if you stay motivated and surround yourself with motovation... like reading health magazines like mens health....or watching the biggest loser on tv which by the way the guy in overalls in that video that was posted his name is vinny and he is in the final 4 this year.. allready lost 140 something pounds i think.

11. Nov 30, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Moderator Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Elon
    XB-that's awesome man! Coming from a previous over weight (215 @ 5'6) I feel your pain. It's great to see you've changed your ways and are improving your health while at the same time motivating others. Keep it up!

12. Nov 30, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    aznutx

aznutx Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD
    that's awesome man!, Im overweight too, been able to lose 40lbs on diet/exercise but been slacking here and there, im 5'7'' 215. I dont look huge given I got some muscley tissue in here, but I feel big whenever im with my friends. All these people that judge are just that, they judge, I dont eat alot, I exercise often probably more than most, but im just big, and to prove it, my cousin and I, ate the same thing, drank the same amount for 4 weeks, did everything the exact same. He lost a few lbs while i gained, and it was for a case study, and I didnt cheat nor did he Im assuming. So yes it can be an excuse but it's just genetics.

Losing weight will be beneficial in every health aspect, I respect you for telling the truth and sharing. If you keep on the healthy track, I will too.

13. Nov 30, 2011 at 8:10 PM
    04taco2wd

04taco2wd Take your flame, ignite the world!!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Colby
    Southern Pitt,NC
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4x4 SR5
    6" Fabtech Lift, Custom bedside decals, ICON C/Os, 17x9 Cruiser Alloys, 33x12.5x17 Coopers, UWS Lopro Toolbox, more to come...
    I know nobody has brought up the BMI yet, but that thing is bullshit. According to it i am obese. Now I definitely agree that I am overweight, but I am def not obese. I can do every day things without getting out of breath or tired. I walk up and down college hill every day. I drink one diet coke a day, the rest is water. Im 6ft 4in and I weigh 265...according to the BMI I should weigh around 200. Im sorry but if i lost 65 lbs i would look gross. Im not made to be small, im a huge guy with a big build. like i said i could stand to loose about 15 lbs, but it doesnt worry me. i just live my life the way i want too. Idk what my rant has to do with anything yall were talking about, but anyway end rant...

14. Nov 30, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i know that thing is bullsheet (http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/)

my bmi is 23.3 overweight is 25...i need to gain weight (at 5'5' and 140)

Products Discussed in

To Top