1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OCD request.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jcayce, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Jul 8, 2010 at 11:32 AM
    Htnswches

Htnswches Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    Lost Angels
    Vehicle:
    2006 Precummer Tacoma
    310,000 and counting
    Don't know if this will help but I use baseball card sleeves or any hard plastic and stick it to that and just rest that between the dash and windshield. I've used that for school parking and monthly parking, works great. Plus I can throw it in the glove box when not in use and their is nothing stuck to the windshield

2. Jul 8, 2010 at 11:37 AM
    jcayce

jcayce [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSBTRDOR4X4
    IF one of you is familiar with replacing windshields (those guys know how remove the inspection sticker from a broken window and reattach it to a new windshield) I would like to know what it takes to get the sticker off in a manner that I could affix to to a clear sheet of laminate or plexi.

3. Jul 8, 2010 at 11:44 AM
    danbow

danbow Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 F150 Crew 4x4

x2-

too much front window space for stupid stickers

4. Jul 8, 2010 at 11:47 AM
    Reaper10

Reaper10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oak Harbor, Washington
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver DC 4x4 TRD OR
    Billstein 5100's all around, ToyTec coilovers up front, ToyTec 1.5" AAL in the rear with TSB leaf springs, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, XD Revolvers in Black wrapped in 265/70/17 BFG TA/KOs, AFE Pro Dry S Airfilter, Pioneer AVIC-X920BT in-dash NAVI, Devil Horns by Andres, 14 inch shorty antenna
    Sign me up for the petition, everywhere else I've lived the registration sticker is jusy the month and year on the license plate, why Texas feels the need to put that big ass sticker on the windhield is beyond me. I had to go to the side by side set up because the inspection sticker was placed in such an awkward place I couldn't put the registration sticker above or below the damn thing. And while I'm at it, what exactly is the purpose behind a front license plate?

5. Jul 8, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.

for speedcams...other than that i got nothing for a use of front plate. being pursued in reverse?? so the state can rip you off on two plates instead of one?? we have to have em too, and it pisses me off as well. no inspection stickers in OH. hell, half of the vehicles in this state will be off the roads after a year...seriously. i figure it won't be long before the state govt. figures out: "hey, we can make a buttload of revenue if we start handing out inspection/smog fines!", but they'll spend more on the staff/facilities to do the inspections than they will make off the fines/fees. *sigh* :facepalm:

Products Discussed in

To Top