1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Odd Front-end noise

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Badeye, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Jan 15, 2010 at 5:46 AM
    Badeye

Badeye [OP] New Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    1998 SR5
    I've got a '98 Tacoma and I keep hearing this strange sort of rattling sound that seems to originate from the front passenger wheel. Here are the weird details. sound happens mostly from 15-22 MpH and is fairly loud then. I have manual locking hubs and when i set them from free to lock the noise does not occur. Any ideas thoughts and suggestions are welcome, as i don't want to take it somewhere and have them bend me over and give it to me.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. Jan 15, 2010 at 5:58 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail
    I recently had a couple new wheel studs pulled through on the rotor of my 84. they were apparently so hard to seat the press warped my rotor ever so slightly and now at about that speed you can hear the brake pads click as they shift around a tiny bit from the warpage...

anyway the point to this is I found what it was by deduction. start taking stuff apart and investigating. usually when you get to the problem it will bitch slap you in the face and you'll wonder why you didnt think of that before you had all the parts laying all over the garage.

To Top