1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OEM Neoprene Seat covers for 2011 DC?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by whalerman, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Feb 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    whalerman

whalerman [OP] Member

Member:
    I can't seem to find any dealers selling OEM Toyota (SR5) front Neoprene seat covers for the 2011 Double cab SR5's.

I understand it has something to do with the seat mounted airbags and the 08's and prior will not work. Has anyone purchased these? I was looking as these as an alternative to the Wet Okole's. Which I am pretty sure ARE available.

Thanks

2. Feb 14, 2011 at 11:32 AM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    if youre talking about the factory TRD covers.. i got the grey neoprene with the heavy black rubber like centers and the TRD stitched on.. but it was for my 2010 Access cab.. so i only got fronts... i was putting them on and couldnt get them to fit for anything, thought maybe just cause it was cold.. let them warm up a bit and tried agan w. no luck.. then i did some research and found out that theyre not usable on trucks with the seat airbags.. not sure if you have them but if you have a little tag by your left shoulder.. then they wont work.. youre actually not supposed to put any covers on themm which sucks.. so as for wet okoles, not sure becuase i havnt looked into them due to the airbag issue... kinda long-winded answer but i hope it gave you some kind of help:typing:

3. Feb 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM
    FASTK

FASTK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Columbus
    Vehicle:
    2010 4dr 4x4 long bed
    The Wet Okoles have a access panel for the airbags, fit my 2010 DC perfect.

4. Feb 14, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    whalerman

whalerman [OP] Member

Member:
    I actually just got off the phone with Wet Okole. They DO make them for the seats with the seat mounted airbags. No problems. You just need to specify that they have them.

He also said they are 3-4 weeks out.

5. Feb 14, 2011 at 11:51 AM
    whalerman

whalerman [OP] Member

Member:
    FASTK beat me to it.

6. Feb 14, 2011 at 11:59 AM
    whalerman

whalerman [OP] Member

Member:
    The Wet Okoles? Or the OEM SR5/TRD ones?

7. Feb 14, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    whalerman

whalerman [OP] Member

Member:
    Thanks. Unless I can scratch up enough for leather, (VERY DOUBTFUL) I'll be ordering Wet Okoles I think.

8. Feb 14, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    KevLot17

KevLot17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '10 Blacked Out TRD Sport
    Debadged, Toytec Ultimate Lift, Banks Monster Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry filter, Black Grillecraft grille, Flat Black background headlights, Red Blinkers and markers with alternating turn signal mod, Krypton Bulbs 6000K Headlights and Fogs, Fog Light anytime Mod, LED interior lights with map light mod, AVS Black Taillight Covers, Tinted Windows, WeatherTech Digital floor liners.
    ohh im glad to hear that.. ill have to look into them now. if i knew that a year ago i wouldhave ordered them after mine didnt fit.. my buddy was the salesman that hooked me up on my truck.. he had the seatcovers and bugshield for me when i showed up to pick it up, no charge for either.. what a guy!.. but i returned the seat covers because of the airbags.. i shoulda sold them instead!

Products Discussed in

To Top