1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Off Road Bumper. (BAJA BUMPER) Whats your opinion?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by OFFROADCARWASH, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:52 PM
    mikesdoublecab

mikesdoublecab LT Chase Truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 Prerunner
    Engage Offroad long travel front and rear with some fat tires.
    a revival beats making a whole new thread... hahah

ChadsPride likes this.
  2. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:54 PM
    01tacoprerunner

01tacoprerunner 01 4WD Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    01 4WD Prerunner
    Toushe my friend

3. Jan 21, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    Popperman63

Popperman63 Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 L
    Deckplate mod, Elbow mod, Magnaflow exhaust, Toytec 3", 2" PA BL, 33x12.5R15 Kumho M/T KL71, Midland 1001z, PA, UWS Black Lo-Pro toolbox, Ext. Breather, Hella 500s, Black emblems, De-badged Tailgate, Custom rear bumper
    I can deal with less than 3 months of being dead. LOL. I like to use the search function. :thumbsup:

4. Jan 21, 2010 at 10:00 PM
    mikesdoublecab

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    the best ones are newbs who reply to for sale threads that are 3 years old...

:D

ChadsPride likes this.
  5. Jan 21, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    Popperman63

Popperman63 Member

Member:
    NW Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 L
    Deckplate mod, Elbow mod, Magnaflow exhaust, Toytec 3", 2" PA BL, 33x12.5R15 Kumho M/T KL71, Midland 1001z, PA, UWS Black Lo-Pro toolbox, Ext. Breather, Hella 500s, Black emblems, De-badged Tailgate, Custom rear bumper
    Oh yea... But I am in no way a newbie. Been an active member of TTORA for a while and have been coming on here for quite some time now. Just now decided to join though. lol.

6. Jan 22, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    mikesdoublecab

Member:
    First Name:
    Mohawk Mike
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
  7. Jan 24, 2010 at 5:22 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    I am thinking about buying one then adding some diamond plating to close it in. Plus I contacted BajaBumpers to see if they could alter it so it wraps around to the area where the fender would be removed. I like that its really light weight. And you can't beat the price.

8. Apr 12, 2015 at 11:16 PM
    AppMtnTaco

AppMtnTaco No Colon, Still Rollin’

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Littleton, Co
    Vehicle:
    Black 2003 SR5 4X4
    3in Lift with Toytec/Bilstein Coilovers, AllPro 3 inch rear leafs and ToyTec shackles. Trail Gear front tube bumper and sliders. Satoshi Grille with custom Hella light mount. Custom bedrack with Yakima Basket. Future mods- Going long travel!!!!!!!
    Can anyone advise the fender brand from the picture?

9. Jan 25, 2018 at 5:04 PM
    Ghilliegreen215

Ghilliegreen215 Tanto Leash

Member:
    Bedminster
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma Trd
    Generic cold air intake, procomp 51 Series 16 x 8 4.25 Backspacing dee cutz, dorman 610-463 (Longer wheel studs To accommodate the1/4”spacer need to clear Caliper), Rancho quick lift loaded(Temporarily till proper coil over set found, LED head light up grade, BAMFA LCA skid plates, Optima marine grade battery, Universal billet battery holder,AND MUCH MORE TO COME
    Does any one have an old Baja bumper they want to sell they went out of Business and no one makes a bumper like that unless I get a one off fab I just want to bolt on nothing Fancy

Luv my yota likes this.
  10. Jan 25, 2018 at 11:52 PM
    Luv my yota

Luv my yota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Kings,total chaos uppers, Deavers, JBA headers, Borla exhuast, engine mods, DC power 270 amp alt, 2k watts of sound, gps alarm.
    That bumper looks sick when you have the whole package long travel etc. I could make one of those from d.o.m. chromoly for a little over 100.00 including electric bill and it would be tig welded only, alot of the bumper companies mig weld their bumpers ugh!

Ghilliegreen215 likes this.
  11. Jan 26, 2018 at 2:54 AM
    Ghilliegreen215

Member:
    Bedminster
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma Trd
    Generic cold air intake, procomp 51 Series 16 x 8 4.25 Backspacing dee cutz, dorman 610-463 (Longer wheel studs To accommodate the1/4”spacer need to clear Caliper), Rancho quick lift loaded(Temporarily till proper coil over set found, LED head light up grade, BAMFA LCA skid plates, Optima marine grade battery, Universal billet battery holder,AND MUCH MORE TO COME
    The “Baja bumper’s” bumper? If so agreed It’s exactly what I’m looking for with bolt on options and they’re out of business that figures. I’m just looking for simpleish and The horrible nothing fancy have you done anything like that?

12. Jan 26, 2018 at 3:51 AM
    Luv my yota

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Kings,total chaos uppers, Deavers, JBA headers, Borla exhuast, engine mods, DC power 270 amp alt, 2k watts of sound, gps alarm.
    :welder:
    Yes but, I am moving currently so after that I am going to be fabricating different 1st gen bumpers since there is a market demand. When I finish mine, I will post a poll for wanted options, but I want to be a fair price for those on a budget to a doomsday Zombie killer option. The materials will be top notch & I'll be setting a new standard because they'll be personally hand made personally by me. I used to fabricate all kinds of custom suspensions for yotas back in the day and have done too much to list. I love the simple baja style bumper that you like!, and I will keep in contact with you for when I make mine, it will be a game changer. I've some really cool stuff in mind for making these an easy install and very cool looking and functional.

13. Jan 26, 2018 at 5:51 AM
    Ghilliegreen215

Member:
    Bedminster
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma Trd
    Yeah keep me posted IV been Scouring the Internet for the last two years. And no one makes a bolt on set up that I like. All pro,addicted Offroad ,Badland Bumpers.. etc are all badass but to fancy. Or something Just is off. I contacted one of the race fab company’s on here. out in Cali and to see if the could make one and it would be 1400.00 Plus they would need the truck seem kind of pricey for a couple tubes well together and a skid plate tacked on but yeah I’m very interested keep me posted especially if the price is right I wouldn’t mind doing some kind of Proto type and no rush I have other upgrades im working on work I’m just try to get a jump on the bumper situation.

14. Jan 26, 2018 at 6:35 AM
    Ghilliegreen215

Member:
    Bedminster
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma Trd
    Also Does anyone you know of make stock length box or plated lower control arms I’m looking to upgrade my LCA’s but I don’t really want or need to go full long travel. I think total chaos makes em for 2 second gen but I can’t find anything for first of course have you heard of any thing like that? We’re you located

15. Jan 26, 2018 at 4:26 PM
    Luv my yota

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    I can box the lca's in, Im out here in the desert near Edwards AFB and I looked into the other companies that build bumpers and Im not impressed much. I also believe welding to be a art/skill but at 1400.00 ea they should be made by Divinci, who cares about their work at ghat wage? thats a scheme by companies that know most people will pay three to four times the price because they cant fabricate, and their welders/employees arent even getting 15.00 an hour to tig weld, hence the poor welds and bends that arent perfect. To make it as a skilled welder you cant work under a boss that rushes you, it shows in the quality! I can make you one thats simple and to the point, but looks great and works well that can stand time, plus my buddy gives me insane deals on powdercoat. What year is youre first gen Im gonna get a few measurements off of ea 1st gen from 95.5-97,98-00, and 01-04. I believe plate bumpers need to be brought into this century also they are too heavy and need to be lightened where they can be and all these bumpers need turn signals made something like Foose or Matt Hotch cycles would do by integrating them into the design instead of rigging up the stock lighting aswell. We have all seen blinkers that are factory, zip tied on a 1400.00 bumper!, thats just no class on the part of these companies, for that price sheesh. I'll pm you first when I set back up, and make you happy with a great looking front end, I can also make gussets for the front spindles, and the rear bumpers and sliders will be prototyped soon after.

16. Jan 26, 2018 at 4:29 PM
    Luv my yota

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Hey did that truck run around for awhile with white fenders in Palmdale/Valencia?, it looks like one I would see on the 14fwy a few years ago.

17. Jan 26, 2018 at 4:52 PM
    NoCheesePlz

NoCheesePlz Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 PreRunner TRD OR
    dude could you do one for a 2nd gen?

18. Jan 26, 2018 at 4:56 PM
    Luv my yota

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Yes, absolutely, you into tube/baja style or box style?

19. Jan 26, 2018 at 4:58 PM
    NoCheesePlz

NoCheesePlz Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 SR5 PreRunner TRD OR
    Baja all the way. Strangely enough i havent found anyone who can do a tube bumper with the top hoop

20. Jan 26, 2018 at 9:13 PM
    Luv my yota

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 turd lift 33's
    Not an issue, I am going to make options. The hoop on top is very cool and functional too. Please be patient till I set up after the move, and I'll be getting these out as quick as I can without sacrificing quality, as I wont be outsourcing any work, only bumpers I would run on my vehicle will be produced, but with options, so you can have exactly what you want.

Products Discussed in

To Top