1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Off-Road Test Review: 2011 Toyota Tacoma T|X Pro

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by comiesutra, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Nov 19, 2010 at 1:00 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    After seeing the decals they at least put on the show truck, I vote to call it the TX-Bro. I hope that's original...

I thought long wheel base was the new thing. Used to do CJ5s and samurais, now people push out the tires on unlimiteds. Lift it for the high centering problem, with reach to get from A to B without getting stuck.

Yea.. good point on the a trac. Seems like the best way to safely do a front end of the type the tacoma has and the best way to keep it tame on and off road.

I don't have trouble seeing over the scoop so much as I have trouble seeing under the windshield tint though. My world is half blue all the time. :) But I keep the tire on my rover hood too (slightly larger than the hood scoop). If you're a serious off roader you just use the force. who needs to see.. That's what bumpers are for.. oh yea.. sorry we don't have em.

Nah just kidding. If I was going to chop this thing up and go off roading I'd probably have to get rid of that scoop, and add a bumper.

2. Jan 31, 2011 at 4:26 AM
    zano

zano Well-Known Member

Member:
    south chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX Bro
    2.25" lift, SPC UCA, Dobinson's C59-314 coils & 500lb leaf packs, Billy 5100's & 5125, Tom Woods 1pc ds, TRD exhaust, OEM black tube steps, Konig Countersteer (FN) wheels, Michelin LTX/AT2's
    i just bought my tx "bro" a few weeks ago.. I think you OR owners are just jelous of our neat-o wheels!... i originally ordered an OR from the factory, but then i saw the tx pro wheels and had to have them. i tried to find the black wheels on the web and could only find the bronze ones.. :/ needless to say, i cancelled my order. waited a couple days, went back to the dealer where the super white DC TX PRO was waiting for me. With the factory order invoice in hand, i managed to confuse the salesman into giving me the TRD OR price on the TX PRO they had in the lot. before taxes, i paid 28.5k for the truck loaded..(minus the JBL system)... sticker was $33.4k .\m/

3. Jan 31, 2011 at 8:00 AM
    fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Northwest Florida
    Vehicle:
    09 Super White TRD Off Road 4X4
    Stock
    Hehe, that's awesome. Post some pics, I haven't seen one in white. I personally like em.

4. Jan 31, 2011 at 8:48 AM
    tombiosis

tombiosis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    yes...let's see her!

Products Discussed in

To Top