1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Off- Roading- Ocotillo Wells 3/14/10

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by RecklessTaco, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Mar 13, 2010 at 11:12 AM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco [OP] Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Yes for sure mu brotha!!!!:D We love new comers, and welcome them!:D

2. Mar 13, 2010 at 2:37 PM
    peejay

peejay Yep im that Peejay..

Member:
    First Name:
    PJ
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Running a tricked out rzr xp 4
    Rollin a Hemi, and wheelin a sick xp4

Hey bro, its not 100% percent, dont start biting pillows yet...:confused:

3. Mar 13, 2010 at 3:15 PM
    tacoman007

tacoman007 ignorance is bliss,

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    07SR5ACCESSCABDEBAGED4X4
    alpine headunit,12'' rockford fosgate sub,ipod in g-box,drop in K&N, Marine decor,5100's front/rear,uniden pc68xl,radioshack PA speaker
    this run im gonna be set up! i killed my DC's last run covered them in mud it was the only bummer. actually need to clean out the truck and pack up the 4X kit.

4. Mar 13, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    We are heading east from Oceanside to Ocotillo Wells (maybe), so if anyone isn't going way south to Golden Acorn, where/when would they find you guys... is there a planned route or target area? We usually play areound Devil's Slide (Squaw Peak) or Shell Reef... with a stop at Blowsand before heading home.

I think I want to do some more deep sand tests with the A-TRAC... and Devil's Slide is the best site I know of... Any other ideas?

5. Mar 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    MHS2846bg8

MHS2846bg8 Experienced Noob

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Coast of Oregon
    Vehicle:
    21 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Dbl Cab 4x4
    4WP Factory Front Bumper w/Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch, AuxBeam 8-Switch Controller, Redarc Trailer Brake Controller, ARE CX-Evolve Cap, Bedrug Liner, Ditch Pod Lights, Aftermarket LED (OEM) Bed Lights, Console Vault
    x2

I'll be heading there from Oceanside also, didn't really want to go all the way down south to the Acorn...but if you guys are starting from the south, I guess I'll have to :cool:

6. Mar 13, 2010 at 4:13 PM
    MHS2846bg8

MHS2846bg8 Experienced Noob

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    South Coast of Oregon
    Vehicle:
    21 Tacoma TRD Off-Road Dbl Cab 4x4
    4WP Factory Front Bumper w/Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch, AuxBeam 8-Switch Controller, Redarc Trailer Brake Controller, ARE CX-Evolve Cap, Bedrug Liner, Ditch Pod Lights, Aftermarket LED (OEM) Bed Lights, Console Vault
    Oh yeah...I'm coming for sure now...if you didn't get it from the last post...lol

7. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    singlefin

singlefin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hood River, OR
    Vehicle:
    Syncro
    Any plans to meet up at a spot in Ocotillo Wells or b4 hand? Thinking of coming out and having my buddy from Palm Springs meet us (has a LT first gen).

8. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    If you are heading east from oceanside what route do you take? Maybe we will just change the way were gonna go so it better suits everyone. Doug(4WD) was suggesting the 78 down banner grade to Ocotillo Wells! And David K. maybe you could lead us to some fun places to play? Never been to either of the places you mentioned, but have heard a lot of people talk about them!
    Let me know the route you are gonna take so i can better plan our route.:D

9. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    LOL, fuggin' PJ, my pillow will remain without bite marks !!:rofl::rofl:

10. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Thats right! DC's dont do well in the mud or snow:D

11. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:49 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Tillers_Rule ......................

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    How long you guys planning on riding for?

12. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Added to the list.

By the way which route do you take to get to Ocotillo Wells? Is it the 78 through Jullian and down the banner grade? if so i think we should make the meet spot Jullian pie company parking lot, then head down from there:D Might be easier for all. we would be back tracking if we went the south route!

13. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    This is Josh, Right?:eek::eek::eek:

14. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:58 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    A few Hours at least bro! Why? you gonna roll with us? It would be a reunion! Alex is going for sure!

15. Mar 13, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Icon coil overs up front, Total Chaos UCA, Icon remote reservoir in the back with Deaver 11 pack leafs. Sunroof, Hella 500's behind grill.
    Yea I think so. I can't stay and play all day though, gotta be back here by 4 at the latest.

16. Mar 13, 2010 at 6:09 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:

I think were going to change the meet spot to Jullian and then head down the 78 through the banner grade to Ocotillo wells! If you can think of a good place to meet at down there, then let me know? Should i add you to the list?:D:D:D

17. Mar 13, 2010 at 6:11 PM
    Tillers_Rule

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    4x4 Sport, debadged
    Dude, please post the correct meeting spot!! Julian is a big place and it's pretty far from the spot in the first post in this thread!!:)

18. Mar 13, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    I think im gonna change the meet spot to jullian pie company parking lot and head down the banner grade like you suggested. It will be a better meet spot for everyone:D Me, You, Rick and anyone else coming from east county can get together and caravan up to jullian. What do you think?:D:D

19. Mar 13, 2010 at 6:16 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Oh i totally understand. Should i add you to the list. And i think were going to cahnge the meet spot the Jullian pie company parking lot. so me, doug, rick, alex, you and anyone else leaving the south san diego area can just caravan up to jullian in the morning:D

20. Mar 13, 2010 at 6:23 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Not really, cause if were going to Ocotillo Wells we want to go down the 78 to Ocotillo Wells or else we will be back tracking. Not going to Ocotillo at the bottom of the 8east were going to Ocotillo Wells which is north from there. So it would be easier going through jullian down the banner grade to Ocotillo Wells:D

Products Discussed in

To Top