1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

off roads lights in stock grill- any thoughts?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jimker55, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Feb 2, 2010 at 7:27 AM
    jimker55

jimker55 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco
    I was day dreaming yesterday and was thinking if anyone has every installed off road lights in the stock grill. (see attached. I suck at photoshop) I also noticed that the Ford Mustang has lights built-in to the grill. Thats kind of the idea I was looking for.

any thought??

GT.jpg
    Grill with lights.jpg

2. Feb 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    The grill is not recessed enought to fit lights in the front of the grill. I would think you need to hack out 2 holes for the lights to nessle into. Would be some tricky cuts, but it could be done. But if you ever dump the lights, your grill has two big eyeballs in it...would be kind of cool though, would like to see someone has done this. Anyone?

3. Feb 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM
    vatechoma

vatechoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryl
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Off Road
    go for it! That photoshopped drawing looks like it will be a cool addition to the stock grill...and even if you screw up, you can always make it a satoshi

4. Feb 2, 2010 at 7:39 AM
    LB Taco

LB Taco Taco... since '97

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    '08 Red PreRunner LB- sick!
    Debagded, American Outlaw 17" rims with BFG 265x70, Ipod interface, GC upper and lower grille, black grille surround, Red Devil Horns, relocated horns, A/C mod, Fogs on anytime, Original 40 flowmaster, Hella 500ff behind the grill, with more to come with more $...
    I saw a fellow Taco yesterday on my way home that had two Hella lights on some kind of bracket sticking out of his stock grill. They were on a bracket and stuck out just enough for the lights to clear the grill with no cutting. I liked it better than a light bar, and they didnt seem to bounce at all but i have no idea where that bracket was mounted.

Good Luck

5. Feb 2, 2010 at 8:07 AM
    jimker55

jimker55 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Taco
    thats what I was thinking - if I screw it up I can just make it a satoshi. Its something I have to play with to see which size light will fit best and where to secure it....etc...

6. Feb 2, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    you could use an aluminum bracket across the bottom underneath side on the grill to make it more ridgid. Use some bolts to secure it, and make the bolt heads black so you dont see them...

Products Discussed in

To Top