1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official 2016 Supercross Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Styx586, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Feb 1, 2016 at 12:45 AM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Billie 5100's all around, 885's, Dakars, Wet Okole front seat covers, Weather Tech mats front and rear, NFab nerf bars, front mud flaps removed, hoseclamp tailgate mod, front badge color match, cb antennae mount in a bed cleat, 4' Wilson antennae, salex console organizer, led's in map and dome lights, plasti dip all badges black, bedside stickers removed, OEM exhaust tip, plastidip hood scoop black, bed rail mounted military can, maglite seat mount mod, TRD shift knob, OEM bed mat, bottle opener bed mod, window tint on fronts, uniden 520xl cb, Redline hood struts, OEM front skid plate(silver),RuggedT bedside decals, Yakima cross bars and Yakima Load Warrior basket, cali raised amber pod, cali raised 31" light bar in lower valence, painted engine cover, 7 pin relocate. Blue sea fuse box, Softopper black. Shmelfab sliders
    Work got canceled tomorrow, going riding after all this rain up in the high desert!

My take on Oakland:

450: What is going on with James Stewart? Pulling off after lap 10…maybe that concussion was more serious than we thought. How many more races are we going to see Anderson pass Seely! Man that's gotta annoy Seely. Dungey now has 3 in a row, i see where this is going…..Peick's payback on Friese in that heat race! Actually to me it looked like a pretty clean block pass. Respect for Reedy third in points overall. And being a KTM guy i'm especially stoked for Musquin making the podium. Way to go rook!

Injuries piling up: Bogle, Barcia, Canard, Wilson, Tickle, and obviously Baggett and Stewart aren't 100%

250: See Alex Martin have that big off in the tunnel after he caught a tough block! ouch…Hats off to Craig for the holeshot hard charger, it was a bummer to see him go down….Webb gotta be bummed about that vapor lock. So Savatgy takes the red plate and points lead, but something happened to his bike on the last lap too not sure what that was about.

2. Feb 1, 2016 at 10:11 AM
    Bloodhound

Bloodhound Banned from the Pics Thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    East Moline, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD O/R DBL-CAB
    Floor-mats, Running Boards, Shorty Antenna, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, AVS In-Channel VentVisors, Beer cans in the bed
    Watched it last night and was noticing Stewart was nearly parking the bike and squaring off every turn I had a chance to see...nearly zero corner-speed so it could have something to do with equilibrium, IDK. I was actually happy to see Pieck's work in the heat race and chuckling.

I was expecting Webb to dominate last night until the vapor lock but with his bike puffing smoke like that vapor lock seemed a strange culprit.

The track itself seemed laid out very strangely IMO but it made for interesting racing.

3. Feb 1, 2016 at 1:33 PM
    WormSquirts

WormSquirts Armageddon

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    dungey seems to be riding the best he ever has. He used to be so conservative, riding around 4-5 most of the race. Now he's gunning hard right off the bat, and staying there. Good to see! I always found it painful to watch him and yelling "JUST GO FOR THE PASS ALREADY!"

redrider58 likes this.
  4. Feb 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM
    adrenalnjunky

adrenalnjunky Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    West Monroe, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DCSB
    billie 5100's front @ .85"
    Man - what happened to all the folks that were in the 2015 thread - I had to dig to find this one.

Stewart is done - I just think there's too much quit in him, and he knows he's not getting any younger.

Good to see someone actually pass Dungey and hold him off for the rest of the night. Roczen probably needed that boost.

I know nothing about the east 250 guys - who are the "ones to watch", As much as I don't care for JS7, I like watching Malcolm race, such a big guy to be on a 250.

5. Feb 23, 2016 at 9:40 PM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Billie 5100's all around, 885's, Dakars, Wet Okole front seat covers, Weather Tech mats front and rear, NFab nerf bars, front mud flaps removed, hoseclamp tailgate mod, front badge color match, cb antennae mount in a bed cleat, 4' Wilson antennae, salex console organizer, led's in map and dome lights, plasti dip all badges black, bedside stickers removed, OEM exhaust tip, plastidip hood scoop black, bed rail mounted military can, maglite seat mount mod, TRD shift knob, OEM bed mat, bottle opener bed mod, window tint on fronts, uniden 520xl cb, Redline hood struts, OEM front skid plate(silver),RuggedT bedside decals, Yakima cross bars and Yakima Load Warrior basket, cali raised amber pod, cali raised 31" light bar in lower valence, painted engine cover, 7 pin relocate. Blue sea fuse box, Softopper black. Shmelfab sliders
    Yeah it was great to see Roczen give Dungey a run, Kroc is fast and feeling good. Did you see Savatgy kart wheel? man Webb was about 3" from running him over! I was hoping Craig would win, but its the cooper show. Well 250 East id normally be a favorite of Ciancurilo but he's injured, and yeah Malcolm is better suited on the big bikes, so not sure ... i'll probably be rooting for jeremy martin.

6. Feb 23, 2016 at 9:43 PM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    I think Bubba will finish out SX and do this years nationals then hang up the boots. But i don't know what contracts are in place with him, so not sure. He needs to get that concussion/vision thing worked out.

7. Feb 25, 2016 at 9:02 AM
    Styx586

Styx586 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport, 2001 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    It's been a while since there's been any action on here...
    I was pretty bummed when Savatgy went down like that, I was looking forward to seeing him hold onto that points lead. Lol Craig's been kicking ass too which is kinda cool considering he hasn't raced in a few years.

At this point Stewart just needs to call it quits man... He really hasn't been competitive in a long time. Sure he can pull a nice win out every now and then but he's horribly inconsistent.
    Is anyone else annoyed at the amount of time the commentators and cameras focus on Reed? He'll be in like 8th place, a battle going on for 4th and they're like "hey let's check in on Reed"... WTF.
    It's good to see Dungey still running solid races... Hopefully Roczen can give us some more excitement as the season continues!

8. Feb 25, 2016 at 12:25 PM
    adrenalnjunky

adrenalnjunky Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    West Monroe, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 DCSB
    billie 5100's front @ .85"
    I'm just glad that Tomac is getting out of the gates now somewhere in the top 5-7 positions instead of having to try and battle back from 16th. His run @ Daytona last season was awesome.

9. Feb 26, 2016 at 4:17 PM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Yeah racings been good, Kroc has always been one of my favorites to watch. The guy has a smooth fast style and its good to see him challenge the diesel. i can't stand when theres a good battle going on and they cut to some other rider back in the pack! But speaking of that i give major props to Marvin Musquin for going from 22nd to 6th! Hopefully tomorrow in Atlanta no bikes get stolen like last year.

10. Feb 28, 2016 at 8:28 AM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Pissed at Stewart.:mad: That is all.

11. Feb 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM
    HawkShot99

HawkShot99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kingston, NY
    Vehicle:
    13' Silver DCLB TRD Sport - Sold
    I am not understanding why everyone is so pissed at Stewart. He maintained his line down the far left side, he was not swerving all over or anything. When Marvin started bouncing all over the track, he(Marvin) was on the right side of the track, and had already passed Stewart. He did not get anywhere near Stewart till he was all messed up, and crossed near Stewart's line.
    The only part that was maybe questionable in my mind was the 180 turn, Stewart made a proper turn using the banking, rather than stop to let them by.

12. Feb 28, 2016 at 5:14 PM
    WormSquirts

WormSquirts Armageddon

Member:
    First Name:
    Braeden
    BC
    because if you watch, stewart was too proud to be lapped and didn't check up at all. sure he was on the left side of the track, but he definitely didn't let them by easy. Proper etiquette is to slow down, maybe hit a single double instead of a triple. He was still at full race pace, and hit that corner right in the middle, screwing up musquin's line and forcing him to try to jump over to the right which he didn't quite make obviously. You know for sure that if stewart was in the same position as musquin he would be pissed.

i think musquin was riding at a level that was a bit over his head, but was somehow making it work. Props to dungey who obviously is fast enough and consistent enough that he could run that pace all day just waiting for an inevitable error by musquin. But i feel like that was Musquin's race, and i wanted the rookie to get a win. It's not like a second would have been bad for dungey, with kroc so far back

13. Feb 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM
    HawkShot99

Member:
    Kingston, NY
    Vehicle:
    If you can't manage to ride a secondary line, and crash AFTER you passed Stewart, you don't deserve to stand on top of the box.

14. Feb 29, 2016 at 12:51 AM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Bro... Stewart was in the wrong. He got his first blue flag BEFORE the whoop section. Had that been any other rider, they would have stopped right after the whoop section. Allowing the leaders to pass. But he took the next turn in full race mode then hit a double to a TRIPLE. If you're checking up to allow the leaders by, you're simply not carrying enough speed to hit a triple.

Oh and btw Musquin wiped the floor with the competition last year in the 250s. He has every right to stand on top of the box.

tacorgidor and Johnny DemonT like this.
  15. Feb 29, 2016 at 2:12 AM
    Johnny DemonT

Johnny DemonT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    SW Burbs of Chicago
    Vehicle:
    15 Silver DCLB
    Marvin jumping through the whoops lap after lap was insanely impressive! Too bad the race had to end the way it did... Chad Reed rode awesome too!

How about Justin Hill 21st to 5th!!? Heck of a ride

16. Mar 3, 2016 at 10:02 PM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Even though Decoster and the whole KTM team issued a statement saying they don't blame the stewart camp, and after i watched the incident over again i still think Stewie was in the wrong. He got the blue flag over the finish line, he had the opportunity to move over and slow down the rest of that rhythm section, but tried to stay in the mix. Marvin, did mess up but it wouldn't have happened if he had a clear track which would have been the case if Stewart had showed some humility and pulled aside.

o well put that incident aside here we go Daytona!!

Johnny DemonT and Styx586[OP] like this.
  17. Mar 3, 2016 at 10:03 PM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Agree... Stoked about the Daytona track! Gonna be awesome.

18. Mar 3, 2016 at 10:43 PM
    Johnny DemonT

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    SW Burbs of Chicago
    Vehicle:
    15 Silver DCLB
    Any 250SX East Predictions?

19. Mar 3, 2016 at 10:44 PM
    HawkShot99

Member:
    Kingston, NY
    Vehicle:
    I hope Malcolm.

20. Mar 3, 2016 at 10:51 PM
    Johnny DemonT

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    SW Burbs of Chicago
    Vehicle:
    15 Silver DCLB
    Strong possibility it could be his year. Davalos, J Mart, Justin Hill, and Plessinger all rode great!

Products Discussed in

To Top