1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official 2017 Supercross Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Styx586, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Jan 22, 2017 at 12:30 PM
    Styx586

Styx586 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma DCLB TRD Sport, 2001 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Agree... I feel like a lot of people don't give Dungey the credit he's due. He may not be as fun to watch as some of the other riders, but you can't deny his pure professionalism and mental strength. Seems like everything he does is calculated.

ZachMX[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Jan 22, 2017 at 12:40 PM
    Apd

Apd Well-Known Member

Member:
    I agree, he makes it look easy out there and is so consistent. I feel bad for Marvin Musquin living in the shadow of Dungey all the time though. After the race last night during the interview you could tell Musquin was a little fed up coming up short to Dungey yet again.

ZachMX likes this.
  3. Jan 22, 2017 at 7:51 PM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    He'll have his time to shine after Dungey is done racing lol. Musquin just moved to the 450s not too long ago so he's got plenty of time to get in his wins. Dungey had to live in Villopoto's shadow for 4 straight years and its paying off now. And Musquin seemed really concerned about Roczen during that interview too...

tacorgidor and ZachMX like this.
  4. Jan 23, 2017 at 5:31 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Not shocked at all by KRoc destroying himself (2 times in 4 events, if you count Monster Cup). Dude can't handle pressure. That is why Dungey doesn't get flustered when Roczen wins a couple, early-on. It's only a matter of time until Roczen gets a bad start and feels the pressure to make up spots, then boom. Hope he gets well but dude needed a reality check. The season is going to be a bit more boring now though, as I don't think anyone has enough to challenge RD. And you know he isn't going to make dumb mistakes. I thought Webb finally looked like he is coming around. Hope to see him improve each week.

HawkShot99 likes this.
  5. Jan 28, 2017 at 11:00 PM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Some pretty exciting racing tonight! Lots of good battles and a tough looking track... When Anderson took out Webb I was cracking up. Haha bet he felt like an ass after the way he acted last week. Good to see Dungey make a few aggressive moves too... But Tomac straight Villopoto'd the whole field haha

6. Jan 28, 2017 at 11:03 PM
    ZachMX

ZachMX Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    00 AC, 08 DCSB, 11 AC,15 DCLB, 16 DCLB,17 DCSB
    Good to see Tomac get his mojo back for sure. Thought it was gonna be the Dungey show and another boring season with Kenny out.

7. Jan 29, 2017 at 12:21 AM
    Bloodhound

Bloodhound Banned from the Pics Thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    East Moline, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD O/R DBL-CAB
    Floor-mats, Running Boards, Shorty Antenna, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, AVS In-Channel VentVisors, Beer cans in the bed
    I'm kind of wondering if Tomac needs an open track to win at this point, or if the track was just to his liking last night... I was a bit miffed by Anderson and Webb's get together after last week also, and then Webb running to the officials...kinder gentler world I guess. Was (admittedly) rooting for Malcolm for some reason at the mains starting laps until he got freight trained off his line in that fitted turn.

8. Jan 29, 2017 at 6:50 AM
    ThaiChillyTaco

ThaiChillyTaco David aka Chilly aka Booty Freak

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Goose Creek - South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey TRD Off-road 4x4 Longbed
    Rough Country 3.5 Lift SCS BR6 wheels rolling in 285/70/17 Falken Wildpeaks
    Last nights track was boring to watch. It was fast and not very technical. Tomac always does better on a fast easy track. He got that hole shot and checked out.

9. Jan 29, 2017 at 7:20 AM
    Bloodhound

Bloodhound Banned from the Pics Thread

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    East Moline, IL
    Vehicle:
    '10 TRD O/R DBL-CAB
    Floor-mats, Running Boards, Shorty Antenna, AFE Pro Dry Air Filter, AVS In-Channel VentVisors, Beer cans in the bed
    Was great to see Reed up on the podium again. Overall, I didn't think the track was boring or not technical enough. Plenty of good racing last night, just not after the hotshot.

10. Jan 29, 2017 at 3:41 PM
    HAVVOKK

HAVVOKK Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2014 DGAF Long Bed
    Fucking look it up
    @MadTaco461
    Was about to make a thread for this glad I searched first

MadTaco461 likes this.
  11. Jan 29, 2017 at 7:58 PM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    Seeing Reed make that pass around the 8min mark was awesome.

12. Jan 30, 2017 at 6:50 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    I thought this week's race was 1 of the better ones. Tomac can fly when he is feeling it. It's almost like head games with him. I loved seeing Reed work for that finish. It made it that much more impressive that he had to pass some heavy hitters to earn that. So cool. I thought the Anderson move on Webb was pretty lame. He does that all of the time. That was why when he got taken out by Freise, I didn't think he made much room to complain. Freise's move wasn't even that bad. But Anderson went ahead and showed why he has no room to be mad. I didn't mind Webb talking to officials over it.

Bloodhound and tacorgidor like this.
  13. Jan 31, 2017 at 8:28 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    I actually kind of disagree with you on that. Obviously it was fast, no arguments there (football stadium), but I thought it was still technical and not boring at all. For me, I like tracks where there are sections that can be comboed a bunch of different ways. I liked the long rhythm sections and I think it separated the top guys from some of the guys who weren't willing to do it. Maybe it is just me. I liked this track the best so far. Hopefully Oakland is good.

Bloodhound likes this.
  14. Jan 31, 2017 at 9:32 AM
    HawkShot99

HawkShot99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kingston, NY
    Vehicle:
    13' Silver DCLB TRD Sport - Sold
    I thought it was a good track.
    I was so happy to see Tomac win. I was terrified that the season was just going to be the dungey show. Nobody had showed any speed besides him and roxcen. I still expect Dungey to win, but I want it interesting at least.

AJH387 likes this.
  15. Feb 5, 2017 at 9:44 AM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Billie 5100's all around, 885's, Dakars, Wet Okole front seat covers, Weather Tech mats front and rear, NFab nerf bars, front mud flaps removed, hoseclamp tailgate mod, front badge color match, cb antennae mount in a bed cleat, 4' Wilson antennae, salex console organizer, led's in map and dome lights, plasti dip all badges black, bedside stickers removed, OEM exhaust tip, plastidip hood scoop black, bed rail mounted military can, maglite seat mount mod, TRD shift knob, OEM bed mat, bottle opener bed mod, window tint on fronts, uniden 520xl cb, Redline hood struts, OEM front skid plate(silver),RuggedT bedside decals, Yakima cross bars and Yakima Load Warrior basket, cali raised amber pod, cali raised 31" light bar in lower valence, painted engine cover, 7 pin relocate. Blue sea fuse box, Softopper black. Shmelfab sliders
    What a night of racing in Oaktown! Webb really starting to get in a groove. Rut city. Love watching Tomac charge at 110% on rails. Wonder what happened to Musquin. I thought Bubba was supposed to be back. Tomac and Webb battle, hucking quads. Tomac moving thru the pack and getting by Dunge!!! Now he's only 17 points back. A stringer in Seelys sprocket. And what a night for Hansen. First he uses Forkners helmet for a launch ramp, then that mid-air clip with AJ and takes himself outta the race.

MadTaco461 and AJH387 like this.
  16. Feb 6, 2017 at 6:31 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    Good night of racing. Tomac was a monster. His quad line was so cool. I'm really happy to see Webb improving every week, also. That track looked so hard. It is amazing when a track like that makes even the best guys ride a bit cautious. A lot of casual fans might not realize how brutal that was for those guys. Just amazing how they handle it.

MadTaco461 and tacorgidor like this.
  17. Feb 6, 2017 at 8:20 AM
    MadTaco461

MadTaco461 BRO runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CA
    Vehicle:
    99 turbo 5 lug long travel
    Kinda stock
    I loved that race. Tomac was a beast out there. Annoying I don't have fs2. Now I have to wait for it to show up on YouTube Sunday morning. Really technical track. People were doing all sorts of different lines. Think dungey was keeping it safe and clean lines.

tacorgidor likes this.
  18. Feb 6, 2017 at 8:49 AM
    tacorgidor

tacorgidor I4C4LO

Member:
    SoCal - LA area
    Vehicle:
    '15 MGM DCLB 4X4
    Billie 5100's all around, 885's, Dakars, Wet Okole front seat covers, Weather Tech mats front and rear, NFab nerf bars, front mud flaps removed, hoseclamp tailgate mod, front badge color match, cb antennae mount in a bed cleat, 4' Wilson antennae, salex console organizer, led's in map and dome lights, plasti dip all badges black, bedside stickers removed, OEM exhaust tip, plastidip hood scoop black, bed rail mounted military can, maglite seat mount mod, TRD shift knob, OEM bed mat, bottle opener bed mod, window tint on fronts, uniden 520xl cb, Redline hood struts, OEM front skid plate(silver),RuggedT bedside decals, Yakima cross bars and Yakima Load Warrior basket, cali raised amber pod, cali raised 31" light bar in lower valence, painted engine cover, 7 pin relocate. Blue sea fuse box, Softopper black. Shmelfab sliders
    ^^^^ I don't get FS2 either and was bummed, and i do the same look for it sunday morn, but Sat night it was posted up on Youtube! Then yesterday after Super Bowl i went to look for it again and it was taken down.

19. Feb 6, 2017 at 9:05 AM
    AJH387

AJH387 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AJ
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    '19 TRD OR DCLB
    My cable provider doesn't even carry FS2, but they re-ran it on FS1 yesterday evening. I DVR'ed it and watched it after the Super Bowl. Luckily only a couple are on FS2, but it is super annoying when it is.

20. Feb 6, 2017 at 10:37 AM
    Styx586

Member:
    First Name:
    Terrance
    Lake Elsinore, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Yea I've got the same FS2 problem... But yesterday it was on FS1 at the same time as the super bowl so I watched it instead. Haha. Some great racing for sure! I love the fact that some of the other guys are stepping it up and making it an exciting season. Webb looking great out there. Pretty stoked to see Hill killing it out there too.

Products Discussed in

To Top