1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official Aluminess Overland Tacoma Bumper - Ends 12/31/2010

Discussion in 'Closed Group Buys' started by TRICOMA, Nov 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 18, 2010 at 4:47 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA [OP] Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Come out with us next time and you can check it out.

2. Nov 18, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    ExpoSpy

ExpoSpy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula
    Well as of 9 am this morning my order has been placed for my bumper. Excellent customer service on the phone my bumper will be ready in T-minus 3 weeks!! Im sooooo excited!!!

3. Nov 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Dave and the rest of the Crew over at Aluminess are great to work with. I had the pleasure of touring the facilities and their customer service is great.

4. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Still plenty of time to order.

5. Nov 22, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    Madtown Taco

Madtown Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5 DC LB 4x4
    Gun Metal FJ Cruiser TRD Wheels, Black Head Lights, I-pod Patch Cable for Stock Head Unit, In-Cab 115V outlets, Aries Bull Bar, 12V outlets in Bed, Snug Top Super Sport Topper, Hard-Wired Valentine 1 Radar Detector, Disabled Automatic Air Conditioning for Windshield Vent Setting, Additional D-Rings in Bed, 12-Volt Pop-N-Lock Solenoid in Tailgate Handle, TRD Front Seat Covers, WeatherTech Floor Mats
    How lame will my truck look if I jump on this deal and get the overland front end before I get my truck lifted?

6. Nov 22, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    My truck is at the lowest setting up from and only a leaf TSB in the rear. I am not much higher than stock height. Now that I have bigger tires I am a bit higher. When I put the bumper on it didn't do anything to the front as far as lowering it. Most bumpers it is recommended to lift because of the weight.

7. Nov 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    Simms65

Simms65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    WV
    Vehicle:
    '16 Quicksand O/R M/T
    I'd love to get in on this, but my budget won't allow it. :(

8. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:23 PM
    rmarqu2

rmarqu2 YES... i am a murse....

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Baton Rouge
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4
    FOX 2.5 coilovers, FOX 14" rears, AP expos, AP front plate bumper and skid, lightforce 240 blitz, warn m8000, 3/8 amsteel, BAMF sliders, cheap Chinese rock lights, ARB lockers all around
    Damn.... 60lbs? that's what my AP skid plate weighs i think! Looks cool though! I'd like it without the light hoop IMO, but that's just me.

9. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:28 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:

You can get it without the light hoop and brush guard or get it with just the hoop. The discounted price is still the same but you can get it the way you want.

10. Nov 23, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    ExpoSpy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula
    Update: I called Aluminess and asked if they would add some light tabs to the hoop and they were more than willing to do it. Its an additional $30 for light tabs.

11. Nov 25, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanksgiving day bump!!!

12. Nov 29, 2010 at 9:45 AM
    ExpoSpy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula
  13. Nov 29, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    sierrahsky

sierrahsky Expedition Style

Member:
    I have been looking at getting a bumper that can accommodate a winch but will not add a ton of weight as I am looking to make my truck an overland truck. This looks the part and sounds the part, the only question I would have is what happens when you dent it on the side or something? Some of the other bumpers you just replace that panel. Also how well do these work with winching? And do these have the hi-lift tpoints to jack from or no?

14. Nov 29, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Please contact Aluminess for these questions.

I believe All Pro is the only bumper mass produced that comes in sections. I have come down on this bumper and it has held up very well. My Tacoma is more Overland than a rock crawler that is why I went this route. I have not winched but they have been building bumper for Van and Trucks now for over 10 years. The 4x4 van they have are large and have no issues with winching.

15. Nov 30, 2010 at 11:53 AM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    There have been about 5 orders already taken.

There is still time left to order

16. Dec 1, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    Tonkatoy05

Tonkatoy05 Member

Member:
    BayArea
    Vehicle:
    Trd/4x4
    Exhaust/Ome Lift
    Hey how you, I've been talking with Dave the owner of Aluminess for a little over a yr before they even had the idea of building the Tacoma front bumper for our 2ng gens. I told him i was very interested in one with the full brush guard because of weight savings as well. I told him these 2nd gen tacomas were really popular because i've been doing about 2yrs research on getting the best front bumper out there for these trucks. I've found several during this time when I came across their outfit they had nothing for front bumpers for 2nd gen tacomas just their rear bumpers. I actually drove down there since Im in the service up near Sac & SFO & he got interested by taking some measurements from my 05 4x4 trd sport dbl cab. So with all this he told me he was gonna try & find a donor truck similar to mine to RR this new bumper & over this yr he told me he had someone's white tacoma to do their Fabbing with. Now since I came across your pics here which by the way are fantastic views because all the while I've been talking with Dave & or his wife they've only sent me a couple of pics which weren't very revealing as yours. Are you the guy they used the truck for them to fab this bumper? Also will our stock skid plate work with this bumper because that was something that I told Dave would be a great selling point for him to build this bumper for our 2nd gen tacomas. From what it looked like when he first had the first proto-type I saw there it looked like I would successfuly be able to keep my stock skid plate. But since then he said they made a few changes suppossedly for more clearance & all that which wasn't something I cared for Just as long as it wasn't as exposed as some of these other bumpers I ran across which looked like they had too much cut away for rock crawling & desert running like that of All-pro's front bumper which exposed the front member way too much which I told Dave I wasn't looking for that. I just needed the bumper more for front protection & a Little for looks (lol) than serious baja style stuff or crawling stuff. For that there's quite a few shops that have stuff for the tacomas, that's why I was leaning towards the Aluminum bumper. I know this is alot said but Im finally ready to buy & I would luv to hear about some input from you. Especially on whethere I can keep my stock skid-plate bcz from the looks from your pics I may not be able to & that was gonna be the clincher for me to this thing so let me know what you think & Thnx very much.
    Ruben

17. Dec 1, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    ExpoSpy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Temecula
    The stock skid plate still works with this bumper.

18. Dec 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Ruben,

Yes that is my truck on their site. I live close by and he need to get measurements from a 2010. My stock skid fits. I really like this bumper...main thing is the weight. I didn't have to do anything to my suspension when I got it cause it was not much over stock. I am building an expedition vehicle, not a crawler so I don't plan on smashing down on rocks. This bumper fit my needs perfect. I am also getting a winch. If you are interested I would call him and get on this sale. He will not have another one like this one. He is doing it because I asked him too. He sells the bumpers regardless. This special will be till the end of the year.

19. Dec 1, 2010 at 5:40 PM
    TRICOMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    Nate I heard they are working on it...can't wait to see it. these bumpers are awesome. Well thought out process. They want to make it perfect. What I like is they are a legit shop and do this for a living...so I know the support will continue to be there.

20. Dec 1, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    megillet

megillet Resident Badass

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Atlanta, GA
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB MGM 6sp
    Nah, I'd paint it MGM to match. She'd never notice, she's blonde.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top