1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official PS4 Warframe Thread

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RearViewMirror, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 5, 2019 at 10:45 AM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror [OP] Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    As the title suggests... Anything Warframe related for the PS4.

I started this game a few weeks ago after spending over 4 years in Destiny and I just couldn't stand the direction that Bungie has taken the game. I gave up leadership of my Clan in Destiny and started playing Warframe. I had always shied away from Warframe because I always assumed that it would be too difficult to get into. But in reality I was incorrect. Don't get me wrong, it is a very deep game and one that requires you to actually do a lot of research to learn all of the mechanics of the game and how everything works together. But it is one of the best games that I've ever played.

With that in mind I've created a clan in Warframe for PS4 if anyone is interested in joining.

You can message me in game at Craig_Christ_420, through PSN messenger, or in this thread for an invite.

If you give it a chance I think you will realize just how good the game actually is. It's what Destiny "should" have been run by a developer that actually cares about it's player base.

robu likes this.
  2. Jan 5, 2019 at 1:24 PM
    robu

robu Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob1224
    Cottonwood, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport debadged
    kings front and rear 3" expedition deaver pack 700lbs in front. lighted 4x4 switch and fixed temp console
    I have tried and tried to get into warframe don't know if I am doing anything wrong or it is just not clicking.

3. Jan 5, 2019 at 2:20 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    It's a deep game. And I mean very deep. It is a MMO in the truest sense of the word. If you are able to really put forth the effort to learn the game and how it actually plays, it's one of the most rewarding games I've played in forever. I know you put a lot of time into ESO so you have the foundation built for this game because you understand the grind and what that entails.

There are so many things to learn about the game that I've watched hours upon hours of videos on just about everything that I can learn. The control scheme is also different than Destiny or other first person shooters. Not the run and gun part but the bullet jump etc... I play with a Scuff controller so it makes it very easy for me to pull off all the moves that your warframe has but I've tried it with a regular controller and I'd have to reprogram my brain to be able to move around the map as easily as I'm able to do right now with the controller I'm using.

The core thing about Warframe is everything is built around the mods that you attach to your warframe, primary weapon, secondary weapon / weapons, your melee weapon, your sentinel (think ghost from Destiny that actually helps you out in battle by shooting shit), etc... You could be an average player but as long as you have the correct mods attached it can make you look like a god. I've "Forma'd" my sniper (think rerolled) once and you can do so up to 5-6 IIRC to get the polarities you want (different mods have different polarities) so you can slot your mods to make the weapon as powerful as possible. The thing is... when you Forma (reroll) anything it drops that item back down to level 0 and you have to build it back to level 30.

Depending on the warframe you chose each one plays completely different and serves a completely different role in the game. Obviously some frames are better than others. I got extremely lucky when I downloaded the game. Since I have a Twitch Prime account I was able to get the Mesa Prime warframe, Vectis Prime sniper (second best weapon in the game), Akjagara Prime Hand Cannons, and the Redeemer Prime melee Gunblade for free. DE is selling that exact frame package for $79. The only thing I didn't get was the Platinum that comes with that package to buy certain in game items if you want. Then a couple of days later DE switched the frames out for Trinity Prime (think healer of the game) and I got that frame for free also. So I didn't have to grind out 2 Prime frames (Prime anything are the hardest to get). So I got a bit of a head start mainly because of the weapons and not so much the frames. One of the first frames you get the blueprints for is called Rhino (think tank). I don't have the Prime version of that frame nor do I know how to get it. But he's the one I've used the most because the fucker is unkillable lol. You can recast a shield that protects him almost indefinitely. It starts out at 100 and once it reaches 0 just recast it and your back to being invincible.

The thing that strikes me most about this game is you don't have to spend one dime on it. Everything is completely earnable in game. The depth that they have built into this game is even more striking. It makes Destiny look like a game you'd play on your phone. Then you add that DE actually cares about the player and player base... There isn't a developer out there right now that has this kind of reputation.

4. Jan 6, 2019 at 11:18 AM
    robu

robu Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob1224
    Cottonwood, AZ
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport debadged
    kings front and rear 3" expedition deaver pack 700lbs in front. lighted 4x4 switch and fixed temp console
    next time im on send me an invite willing to keep trying!

5. Jan 6, 2019 at 12:40 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Will do. You will physically have to log into the game as the invite will go to your inbox in game. You can then craft a key for the clans Dojo and help with creating research and other things that will benefit us in the long run.

A clanmate and I played Defense today and made it to round 40 together. The highest I've made it is 10 by myself. Got some unbelievably good mod drops that don't normally drop. I suppose this could be considered an endgame activity since the longer you stay in the better the drops get. We bailed at 40 since if you don't complete all the waves during that session everything that you gain is lost. Was just two of us in it but the drops were well worth it.

6. Jan 7, 2019 at 7:03 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Is this the controller you're talking about?

https://scufgaming.com/

7. Jan 7, 2019 at 8:50 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    No. That's the newer model they came out with. It's had a lot of issues since launch so I wouldn't recommend it "right now".

This is the one that I have. But I had it built from the ground up so it costs around $200 by the time you get the button remapping function, extra sticks, colors, etc...

8. Jan 7, 2019 at 9:20 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah, I just built one and it came out to $199, did you get the rumbles taken out or leave them in?

9. Jan 7, 2019 at 9:22 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I actually left them in for the main purpose of it adds a little weight to the controller.

10. Jan 7, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Yeah, I kind of like them, makes me feel a little bit more a part of the game IMO.

11. Jan 7, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    If you order one you will have to play around with it for a week or so just to rewire your brain to the new controller. Once you do it becomes second nature and you won't know how you played without one. There is a learning curve to it though just like everything.

12. Jan 7, 2019 at 9:24 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    :thumbsup:

13. Jan 7, 2019 at 9:25 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I figure if I am going to start a new game may as well get one and learn the controller and the game at the same time.

14. Jan 7, 2019 at 9:33 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Ooof... That would be rough lol. Learning the controller is one thing and that's hard enough. Learning the game is a completely different animal lol.

15. Jan 7, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Meh, I just ordered it. Be here in a week. I'll get into the game a bit with the PS4 controller this week and then transition. I am bored as hell at work today, so I have been watching a bunch of videos on it. Looks like its would be fun as hell. Its all the little nuances that I'll need to read up on in the wiki pages.

16. Jan 7, 2019 at 11:40 AM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    I have to say, the more tutorials I watch the more interested I am getting in this game. Definately starting the download tonight when I get home, let marinate all night and I should be up and running by tomorrow when I get home from work and can start the grind. From what Ive gleaned so far from youtube, its about 12 hours to grind through earth, was that your experience?

17. Jan 7, 2019 at 11:56 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Depending... I get sidetracked by all the alerts that pop up and I end up doing those. Ideally you want to clear out the solar system so Earth took me maybe 6 hrs and that was doing alerts along with it. Once you hit MR3 you can join a syndicate (think faction) and do missions to rank up those factions. That is a whole topic unto itself. But they have some great mods depending on the frame you are playing.

18. Jan 7, 2019 at 11:57 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Alerts pop up about every 10-15 mins and are timed events that have good rewards attached to them. Blueprints, endo, cosmetics, weapon / armor frames, etc... So I'm always on the lookout for those.

19. Jan 7, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    Pchop

Pchop Beavis Killer

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob I
    Stuart, FL
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma TRD
    Kind of like a public event in D2? The alerts that is.

20. Jan 7, 2019 at 1:29 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    No not really. As you clear out the solar system you'll be able to get alerts that will grant you different things in game. Some are unique and hard to come by so you need to be on the lookout for them. They stay up for an hour and then they may be gone for a few weeks before they come back. But there are hundreds upon hundreds of alerts that come up all the time. So that's why I get sidetracked. But the issue is, you need to open up the entire star chart to have access to some of the alerts. If you haven't opened up a planet you can't do that alert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top