1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official release: Tacoma 2nd gen reverse lights:)

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by LEDsolutions, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 29, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    LEDsolutions

LEDsolutions [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:

No need to apologize! You are helping with product improvement by mentioning the flaws! I want to have a versatile product that works for everyone(raked, backwards raked or level truck)

2. Nov 29, 2011 at 2:06 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    In the day time, you'll be able to tell these are on more so than the stock bulbs. If you want the same pattern as stock, why not just stick to stock? :notsure:

Not trying to be a dick, I just don't get what you're looking for. These are definitely brighter than stock so during the day, they will show up better. The people that don't like them seem to be mostly because of the dark spot in the back up camera, which is a valid concern. I don't have the back up camera so these are a great upgrade for me or people who 'park by touch' :D

3. Nov 29, 2011 at 2:08 PM
    SilverBullet07

SilverBullet07 Silver Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Pleasanton, CA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 07 PreRunner Sport
    Tint, Grillcraft Grill, Leveling Kit, Retrofit Headlights.
    I think what he means is during the day. When your perpendicular to the lights and the sun is out there are not as visible as the stock lights to an oncoming car in a parking lot. But however I would hope they would see my truck moving backwards! Plus I don't back up under the assumption that people will stop because my backup lights are on, always got to look out for those ass holes in a hurry that don't care that your all ready backing up and want to go by.

Hopefully LEDsolutions next light will solve all the "problems" we've pointed out, however like I said I still feel that it is an improvement over the stock bulbs.

We need some night vision back up cameras.

4. Nov 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    :rofl: this.

5. Nov 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    AsianAnts

AsianAnts just an AnT

Member:
    First Name:
    AnT
    Southern California (San Diego County)
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner TRD Sport L/B Grey Metallic
    -Satoshi Grille Upper/Lower/Triangles -LED Map Lights, LED Dome Light, LED License Plate Lights -No front license -Wet Okole -Weather Techs (digi) -Running Boards -Bed Extender -AFE Cold Air Intake 2SI Dry Filter -Tailgate Hose-Clamp Mod, Tailgate washer Mod -Combi chain lock on bed extender -no chime w/ key in ignition & open door -Fog Light anytime -Slim Cubby's 3kHID fog -bumper plugs -keyhole plug -TRD license plate frame -combi-lock storage -rear TSB -window tint -camera mod -Painted radiator/engine covers -LS460 RetroFit -Bed Tie-Downs -LED Gauge Cluster, radio, clock and AC -Bed Mat -Extra DRings -Painted center console, radio unit, ac panel, overhead console.
    night vision hhahaa.. awesome.:cool:

i think everything has been mentioned...

Good product, throws well, very bright, great for low level vehicles, great for people who use the mirrors, not so good for lifted vehicles or raked vehicles, not so great for the people who depend on the camera.

and for the record LJ, not trying to bash the products you sell :) your products are great!!! you will have paypal coming in soon once i confirm the parking lights ;)

6. Nov 29, 2011 at 3:08 PM
    TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD sport 4x4 Barcelona Red
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    Yeah, this is what i mean. I'm not trying to bash them. just saying, they aren't quite right for me. If you want them, by all means, it's your money.

7. Nov 29, 2011 at 3:18 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I'm gonna go with them. Got no backup cam (installed) & that gap is hidden by tailgate as mentioned. At least with these you can see beyond what the tailgate blocks, not so much with oem.

8. Nov 29, 2011 at 6:02 PM
    drtydru

drtydru Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dru
    Oakland
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4
    Bucket seats, Variable speed wiper switch, 09 led Tail Lights, Satoshied front grill, DDM HIDs, Fog light install, Mud flaps removed, 1.5'AAL, Billie 1552, Toyotec front coilovers w/Billies, B.A.M.F welded sliders w/kickout,
    I put mine in today. Took 5 minutes. SUPER bright. I love them. Thanks LJ.

9. Dec 1, 2011 at 7:27 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    payment sent

10. Dec 1, 2011 at 3:24 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Gonna to go back to regular bulbs. People behind you don't know you're backing up during the daytime. All they see are 2 little dots of light. These LEDs, as with most, still suck when there's daylight out.

11. Dec 1, 2011 at 3:27 PM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech front floor liners, window vent visors. Custom bedside decals. OEM bed mat, tonneau covrew. Added D rings to bed.
    THATS what I was afraid of.

12. Dec 2, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    Texio

Texio Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 4WD DBCab SB
    Allow me to disagree. I just installed the bulbs, and taken this picture with my phone from across the street. It was 300pm, and while not very sunny it was quite bright outside, and the lights were extremely visible! I still wouldn't rely on my lights only and assume people know I'm backing up...

IMG-20111202-00085.jpg

13. Dec 2, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    I agree in your disagreement. These are WAY brighter than stock - I'd say especially during the daytime!!

14. Dec 2, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    I recieved mine today and installed the.... Very bright

Thanks

15. Dec 2, 2011 at 3:22 PM
    humanoid

humanoid bite me

Member:
    Sunny SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I had a '99 Xtra Cab PreRunner SR5 V6
    Fine, but you parked your truck in your garage, where it's much darker than it is outside thus making the LEDs look brighter than they really are. Also, you took your picture from across the street. As with those who've already noticed, these LEDs throw light further away than the regular bulbs. My experience refers to when you try to parallel park on a busy street with cars coming up from behind you. The car behind me barely gave me enough room to where I could parallel park. I'm assuming he didn't see my backup lights or he was just being an ass. :mad:

16. Dec 2, 2011 at 3:28 PM
    TacomaPrime

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregory
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    So now pull your truck out of your garage, take another pic at the same time of day, with the camera at the same height and distance, but at a 45 degree angle to the back of your truck, like you are waiting for someone to pull out of a parking spot, then post that picture.

17. Dec 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM
    duckcmdr

duckcmdr If it flies it dies!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB 4x4
    ARB Winch Bumper, Cabelas trial gear 2 mats, Wade vent shades, rear TSB, Toytec TSB AAL ,5100's set to 0,886 coils w/top plate 285/75/16 Treadwright at on Raceline Raptors, Toytec Diff drop, Bud Built Skids,Total Chaos LCA Skids,Devil horns,LED Dome Light,Scan Gauge, Rear Diff Breather, Revenge Fab Sliders. XRC 8 winch, Safari Snorkel, KC Daylighters 100 watt, Redline hood Struts & ez-down tailgate, G-stop extended SS brake lines,Homeroshi front grill and snorkle grill, relentless fab hc rear bumper
    I would go with ass.

18. Dec 2, 2011 at 5:45 PM
    Jez

Jez Hittn' easy steet on mud tires

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 Black DC TRD SR5
    K&N air intake, Fox 2.5 coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expo rear leaf pack, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, Diff Drop, U-Bolt Flip kit, Drive Shaft shim kit, Weathertech's, Borla cat back, Ultra Gauge,Clarion Radio, 18% tinted windows all the way around, smoked tail lights and rear break light, painted front chrome grill black, stained yellow fog lights, black head light mod, Interior LED kit, LED reverse lights, black leather arm rest mod
    Just got my kit today!! The interior lights are alien space ship bright especially at night!! The reverse lights are definitely brighter and better than stock but I am not reaping the benefits I thought I would as I used Night Shade spray tint on my rear lights thus creating a dimming effect of the LED.

Can't wait to get some Reverse lights, turn signals, and parking lights!!! The truck will be all LED'd out : )

19. Dec 2, 2011 at 5:53 PM
    Texio

Texio Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 4WD DBCab SB
    Well, the truck barely fits in the garage, there's only about an inch of clearance between the bumper and the garage door, so the tail lights are basically outside the garage. Also, I took the picture from across the street because that seemed like the kind of distance from where you'd want someone coming up behind you to see your reverse lights. But I'm not trying to argue, I just didn't know what to expect with daylight, since people said that they would be barely visible during the day. When I installed them and turned them on I was impressed by how bright they were, so I figured I'd take a picture. As for your experience, people often just don't pay attention to what's in front of them (!) when they drive, regardless of how many lights you have or how bright they are... :eek:

20. Dec 2, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    Texio

Texio Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    11 4WD DBCab SB
    Will do tomorrow for sure :D

Will post a whole series of varying distances and angles, so people can judge for themselves and decide if that's something they like or not. I personally am happy with them, but it's a matter of personal preference, I am not trying to force it on anyone :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top