1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official South Region DECKED Storage System Product Review For 2nd & 3rd Gen Tacomas

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Overkill07, Oct 2, 2017.

?

Would you buy the DECKED System?

1. Release date can't get here soon enough!

6.3%
  2. Yes

42.9%
  3. Not Sure

31.7%
  4. Not for me

19.0%
  1. Oct 26, 2017 at 10:12 AM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    A few audio upgrades, tinted windows, remote start because it f'n hot in Texas! 6in Fabtech DB lift, 17x9 Fuel Trophy wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs,BAMF 80in sliders w/kickout, Prinsu cab rack w/30in Heretic light bar, custom bedside decals, custom hi-lift jack brackets, US Offroad front bumper w/winch, bed rack with RTT, CB, Short wave base station, Ultra gauge, color matched grille surround, an ungodly amount of recover gear, ARB fridge, hood struts, RotoPax, traction pads.
    Just got the remainder of the parts in the other day. I should have the full installation written up by the end of the weekend.

usgrant and ETXTacoma[QUOTED] like this.
  2. Oct 26, 2017 at 10:15 AM
    upTOPOverland_Drew

upTOPOverland_Drew upTOP Overland Technical Design and Application

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR DCSB SUPER WHITE
    All the things...click the link in sig
    i'm watching....

3. Oct 26, 2017 at 10:17 AM
    ETXTacoma

ETXTacoma Someone gave me a plasma cutter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Tyler, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR
    Dynatrac ProRock 60 Rear Axle, that is important enough.
    Ohhhh snap! Would be cool if you were coming to Gilmer this weekend and had it installed so I could check it out....

or just bring it all with you and we can build it!

4. Oct 26, 2017 at 5:23 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    A few audio upgrades, tinted windows, remote start because it f'n hot in Texas! 6in Fabtech DB lift, 17x9 Fuel Trophy wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs,BAMF 80in sliders w/kickout, Prinsu cab rack w/30in Heretic light bar, custom bedside decals, custom hi-lift jack brackets, US Offroad front bumper w/winch, bed rack with RTT, CB, Short wave base station, Ultra gauge, color matched grille surround, an ungodly amount of recover gear, ARB fridge, hood struts, RotoPax, traction pads.
    Trucks not off road worthy right now. Rear diff leak and I need to replace the ubolts on the rear axle.

5. Oct 27, 2017 at 6:05 AM
    ETXTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Tyler, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR
    Awwwwww lame.

Should just come anyways and hang out! Ha!

but mainly to let us build the decked....

6. Oct 29, 2017 at 7:08 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    The system is in the truck and ready for use. All I can says is WOW! A lot of thought and R&D went into these as is apparent with the outstanding construction and materials these are made from.

I will be doing a full write up of the installation process tomorrow. Stay tuned :thumbsup:

usgrant and angeldavid216 like this.
  7. Oct 29, 2017 at 7:47 PM
    ETXTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Tyler, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR
    HURRY UP SO I CAN BE JEALOUS MORE!

usgrant likes this.
  8. Nov 9, 2017 at 12:00 AM
    usgrant

usgrant Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD SPORT ACLB w/6MT
    on tenterhooks!

...seems a great alternative to TruckVault, especially considering the price difference

9. Nov 28, 2017 at 6:14 AM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    Updated installation process.

More to come...

ETXTacoma likes this.
  10. Jan 7, 2018 at 12:25 PM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan
    Looks like you enjoy your system? What options do you have that you would consider vital?

11. Jan 7, 2018 at 5:27 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    Hey Johnny,

I really like the
    DECKED system. Options that I would consider "vital" would be would be drawer locks and the Core Trax. Although Decked does not currently offer the Core Trax for the mid size platform yet, they will be soon. You can modify the full size ones to work, but I'd just wait for the right ones to be available. They allow you to have multiple tie down options on the surface of the DECKED platform. I have every option available from them to include the drain plugs, D Boxes and dividers. As much as I like the D boxes I find that they produce extra condensation and decrease the amount of storage actually available in the drawer. They do keep things organized but create unusable space mainly toward the back of the drawer (cab side). I've tried using the smaller drawer as an ice chest and found that while it works, it was more of a pain to keep going back to the truck for a cold refreshment instead of just grabbing the cooler and move it to the party area, (although it does make for one heck of a party trick :thumbsup:).

I hope I've been able to answer your questions and feel free to ask any thing else you might be wondering.

12. Jan 10, 2018 at 2:42 PM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan
    Awesome! Ty So much

Hey Does the D-Box fit into both draws?

13. Jan 11, 2018 at 6:22 AM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    Currently they only fit in the larger drawers (passenger side) but DECKED will be producing smaller ones to fit into the slimmer drawer (driver side) in the future.

14. Jan 22, 2018 at 8:27 AM
    OneFastGeek

OneFastGeek Grand Master Fu

Member:
    Treasure Valley, Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4
    Can you show a pic of the extension cord for the outlet access?

15. Jan 31, 2018 at 6:13 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    I'll have to get a pic of that one...

16. Jan 31, 2018 at 6:14 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    It's just about 4in...

KanPanic and DoorDing like this.
  17. Jan 31, 2018 at 6:21 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    I've used the extra space for all sorts of things. Since the top of the DECKED system is so close to the bed rails it's nice to have a little bit of room to hide things or keep them from rolling around.

I can say that a full set of coilovers and rear shocks fit in that space along with three RotoPax's.

18. Jan 31, 2018 at 7:33 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    :thumbsup:

19. Feb 20, 2018 at 5:24 AM
    muchostacos

muchostacos Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White DCLB TRD Off road
    Does anyone know if the long bed version has 4 “ammo cans” or do they just fill the gap with something else?

20. Feb 20, 2018 at 10:12 AM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    The only version that has the additional cans up front are for the full size trucks. That space for the mid size is tak n up mostly by brackets.

Products Discussed in

To Top