1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official South Region DECKED Storage System Product Review For 2nd & 3rd Gen Tacomas

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Overkill07, Oct 2, 2017.

?

Would you buy the DECKED System?

1. Release date can't get here soon enough!

6.3%
  2. Yes

42.9%
  3. Not Sure

31.7%
  4. Not for me

19.0%
  1. Mar 13, 2018 at 9:58 AM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    4Runnerzzz
    Originally not Expo AF! Kinda Expo AF now...lame.
    Just FYI thread subscribers, Overkill filmed some material the other day while we were offroading and I'll be compiling it soon. It will show you a few basics of the system and some stress testing the manufacturer would definitely be proud of.

ready6delta and ETXTacoma like this.
  2. Mar 13, 2018 at 10:28 AM
    ETXTacoma

ETXTacoma Someone gave me a plasma cutter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Tyler, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR
    Dynatrac ProRock 60 Rear Axle, that is important enough.
    aka how many beers it can hold?

OverlAnderson likes this.
  3. Mar 16, 2018 at 12:18 AM
    fajitas21

fajitas21 XMF - Extreme Mexican Food fo Life!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Collierville, TN
    Vehicle:
    4Runnerzzz
    Originally not Expo AF! Kinda Expo AF now...lame.
  4. Jun 11, 2018 at 11:55 AM
    TheDECKEDGuy

TheDECKEDGuy Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
  5. Jun 11, 2018 at 1:07 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    A few audio upgrades, tinted windows, remote start because it f'n hot in Texas! 6in Fabtech DB lift, 17x9 Fuel Trophy wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs,BAMF 80in sliders w/kickout, Prinsu cab rack w/30in Heretic light bar, custom bedside decals, custom hi-lift jack brackets, US Offroad front bumper w/winch, bed rack with RTT, CB, Short wave base station, Ultra gauge, color matched grille surround, an ungodly amount of recover gear, ARB fridge, hood struts, RotoPax, traction pads.
    :thumbsup:

6. Jul 11, 2018 at 7:34 AM
    TheDECKEDGuy

Member:
    Thought you all might like to see who made your DECKED systems!
    We made this video to pay tribute to our crew of manufacturers. And to show people where their systems were born:
    https://youtu.be/6i8VGfoc_uA

Psybain likes this.
  7. Jul 11, 2018 at 7:30 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    A few audio upgrades, tinted windows, remote start because it f'n hot in Texas! 6in Fabtech DB lift, 17x9 Fuel Trophy wheels, 315/70/17 Duratracs,BAMF 80in sliders w/kickout, Prinsu cab rack w/30in Heretic light bar, custom bedside decals, custom hi-lift jack brackets, US Offroad front bumper w/winch, bed rack with RTT, CB, Short wave base station, Ultra gauge, color matched grille surround, an ungodly amount of recover gear, ARB fridge, hood struts, RotoPax, traction pads.
    I didn't realize how much recycled material was used in the fabrication of this product. Between that, the continuous updates to the current products and the fact that this is made in AMERICA, you guys at DECKED have made a customer for life.
    :thumbsup: :cheers:

TheDECKEDGuy[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jul 16, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    TheDECKEDGuy

Member:
    Thanks Overkill! Stoked you're stoked!! And we appreciate your business.

9. Jul 18, 2018 at 11:51 AM
    Psybain

Psybain Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE AZ
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lunar Rock 4x4 TRD OR
    Definitely something to consider when I get my Tacoma, thanks!

10. Sep 4, 2018 at 9:40 PM
    Broccoli

Broccoli Well-Known Member

Member:
    Airdrie Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2016 trd sport blazing blue,
    Any discounts for tw members? Or maybe good deals on returned or slightly damaged ones:)

11. Sep 5, 2018 at 7:52 AM
    TheDECKEDGuy

Member:
    Hey Broccoli,
    Thanks for the interest and the question. We actually do not offer discounts on our products. People ask me this frequently, but the best answer I have is that we operate on a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) and no haggle purchase price belief. We feel if we make our product as affordable as we can, that's the best thing we can do for everyone. Keeps it simple and we can make enough margin to keep making cool new products and if we keep our margins as tight was we do, it's as affordable as we can make it for the customer.
    I would caution against purchasing used. There are a lot of bits and pieces that can go missing and it could be a complete pain. We do sell replacement hardware kits but individual replacement parts if you go the used route.
    Either way, we would love to have you as a DECKED'er so thanks for your interest!
    Greg @ DECKED

DoorDing likes this.
  12. Sep 5, 2018 at 8:39 AM
    Broccoli

Broccoli Well-Known Member

Member:
    Airdrie Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2016 trd sport blazing blue,
    Ive been looking at these awhile but im in canada so that effects things. As a note if you operate on map priceing why do your dealers sell them anywhere grom 1500-2200$ i have seen them at cap it for 1650ish and another retailer for $2200 shouldnt priceing be straight across the board?

13. Sep 5, 2018 at 8:48 AM
    TheDECKEDGuy

Member:
    Hey Broccoli, I feel your pain. Our MAP pricing is just a way for us to prevent online sellers from undercutting the dealer by creating a "Minimum Advertised Price". Not much we can do about dealers who are price gouging other than let them see that they won't get the sale if they are not competitive in the market. Canada is a little more expensive due to the exchange and what not w cross-border. We do not sell directly online in Canada yet (unfortunately) so we don't have a way to set the price landscape. I'd be willing to bet if you called around; however, you could do some negotiating and get yourself closer to what you should be paying. $2200 is ridiculous. They should be around $1600-$1700 +/- CAD. The exchange on a standard bed MAP @ $1249 USD is $1648 CAD.

14. Sep 21, 2018 at 12:38 PM
    OverlAnderson

OverlAnderson A dude playing a dude disguised as another dude

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    San Antonio, Tx
    Vehicle:
    14 TRDS DCSB 4X4
    stuff and things
    is this compatable with the total Chaos bed stiffners? it looks like it would be but im not 100%. also did you have to remove the cover to your outlet to have the extension cord in it after the install?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  15. Sep 21, 2018 at 1:03 PM
    velogeek

velogeek Well-Known Member

Member:
    Gilbert, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2024 4Runner
    I've seen it with bed stiffeners and it worked fine. The drawers are a little raised above the bed and set inside the wheel wells so there was plenty of clearance.

DoorDing likes this.
  16. Sep 21, 2018 at 6:27 PM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    @velogeek is correct. Due to the raised drawers, I have yet to see a set of stiffeners that will not work with this setup. As for the outlet cover, my original idea was to just remove it. This would be fine if you a running a cap and do not have to worry about the weather. I instead purchased a flat swivel head 6" extension cord to allow the cover to act as a rain fly for the plug itself.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I5SHF4/ref=psdc_495312_t1_B008I5SHKE

DoorDing likes this.
  17. Dec 25, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    Built2Ride

Built2Ride Who wants to ride out?! PM Me.

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Southeast
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 TacoTRDPro, ‘18 T4RTRDPro, ‘12 Tundra, ‘07 FJC
    All my rigs are purpose built. From crawling to camping. I also enjoy a nice stock truck for what that’s worth. Toyota’s are the jam!
    @TheDECKEDGuy
    I appreciate your attention to detail on building these to fit specific beds. I installed my Decked system not long ago and I am enjoying all the various Co digs I have come up with for my different trips.
    I have built out many LCs and Offroad rigs using expensive drawer systems. This hit home for me, American made and custom fit.

Any talk or thoughts about creating a drawer setup for the back of SUVs? Maybe something that could fit both an FJ Cruiser/4Runner cargo space. Using the same accessory boxes that have been made.
    I mention this, as I have a three rigs that I use for various things. Would be cool to setup my boxes and then just throw them in whatever rig I am rolling out with.
    Just a thought.

18. Dec 26, 2018 at 5:46 AM
    Overkill07

Overkill07 [OP] Tacoitis

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    14 TRD O/R DC MGM
    @Built2Ride If you look at how my system is secured to to the bed of the Tacoma, you can see that it is not easily removed. I would say that if you skipped the steps to hard mount it to the bed it could be passed off as "removable" but the whole unit itself is quite heavy once put together. I would think that even a smaller version like you are suggesting for the FJ & 4Runner would still weigh a significant amount and would most likely require two people to move from one vehicle to another. Just food for thought...:hattip:

19. Dec 27, 2018 at 11:03 AM
    aphillips66

aphillips66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I had to clip a small bit of plastic away from the outlet cover to allow the cable to exit. This allowed the cover to close a little more. I had trouble with the cover contacting the ammo can on that side. It needed a quarter inch or so to allow clearance.

[​IMG]

20. Jan 6, 2019 at 6:09 AM
    Built2Ride

Built2Ride Who wants to ride out?! PM Me.

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Southeast
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 TacoTRDPro, ‘18 T4RTRDPro, ‘12 Tundra, ‘07 FJC
    All my rigs are purpose built. From crawling to camping. I also enjoy a nice stock truck for what that’s worth. Toyota’s are the jam!
    I think I didn’t word my post properly.
    I own the Decked system in my 3rd gen Taco. I own a 4runner and FJ, and Take them all out for camping and wheeling.
    My thought was a generic size square or rectangle Decked System could be made, In which the drawers stay the same width now. That way you could utilize your already purchases D/Cross Boxes for multiple vehicles.
    I know I am in the minority, as the majority of people would not be swapping out their equipment from vehicle to vehicle.
    However due to the fact that I use my Decked for camping, I figured they had a market for SUVs as well.
    Make sense?

Products Discussed in

To Top