1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official Spoilers for Star Wars Movies/TV Shows in General

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by BYJOSHCOOK, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Dec 21, 2017 at 7:56 PM
    Scribbles

Scribbles Well-Known Member

Member:
    LoUiSiAna
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 PreRunner
    None yet
    I'm not quite as old, but I remember this too. My brother was the kid when the original "Star Wars" came out; told me about it when I was a little older, etc. I found the old vhs tapes at my uncles, and watched them out of order.
    Year later they re-released the originals on vhs, right before the SPECIAL EDITION came out in theaters...1997 I think. So I did get to see those as a kid in theater, I was 12ish.
    Anyway anyway, my point is somewhere before the '97 special editions came out, I watched an interview with George Lucas on one of my vhs tapes, and he said that exact same thing: It was one loooooooong movie. Hollywood told him it was wayyy to fcking long, so he divided it into 3 movies. They said its still too freakin long George come on! so those 3 movies were divided into 3 trilogies, 3...3...and 3. George decided to make the middle trilogy first because it was the most interesting. He said then he would go back to make the prequel trilogy next, then finally the ending trilogy. They asked him and he said he plans on the prequel trilogy to start in '99 or 2000... I believe episode 1 did come out in 1999.
    Now since then of course he has changed his mind several times, and the one I hate is after episode 3 he said there would never be any more Star Wars films. Then when TFA was announced, they confronted George and he was all like "I said I would never make another one, I never said someone else wouldn't make a new Star Wars!" pfffft.

This was all before google, and I forget how, but I searched what the internet was back then somehow, and found a plot of what the "original" sequel trilogy was going to be, of course it could have been some fan theory or fan fiction, I don't know, but it dealt with finding Luke Skywalker's hand on Bespin, making an evil clone, then like 3 clones of Darth Vader, Leia actually became a full on Jedi, and somehow in the end of the third film Luke Skywalker destroys the Dark Side of the Force and the Light side is all that exists and everyone lived happily ever after.

I said it before, after the prequel trilogy and the abundance of cartoons and cgi kid shows to cash in on the franchise, they should take away Star Wars from Lucas because he is ruining it for the fans. Well, they did and gave it to Disney, and I guess its just worse.
    And I don't think you can even get the original versions of the originals anymore...any dvd or blu ray or whatever is the special edition, added scenes and Greedo shot first. Hate it. I guess when the time comes, I will have to find the old vhs and get a vcr from eBay that still works to show my kids what Star Wars really was.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. Dec 21, 2017 at 9:35 PM
    RearViewMirror

RearViewMirror Saw things so much clearer once you... were in my

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    My friend, I don't even know where to begin with how much I agree with you and everything you posted.

When I was around 8 or so, each month I would receive an original Star Wars fan club letter. On a side note, I was also one of the kids that got a cardboard box for Christmas because they didn't know that Star Wars was going to be this HUGE hit and the toy companies couldn't make the amount of toys to supply demand. Anyway... I remember like it was yesterday taking that letter to my friends house down the street and showing him all the movie names, release dates, and that Episode IX slated to come out in the year 2000. Like I said before, I thought (along with him) we'll be 30 years old (which seemed ancient at the time lol) when the last movie comes out. Like you, I can't find a copy of the un-remastered version of Star Wars anymore. I tried to find them so my daughter (who was 10 when TFA came out) could understand what was going on. I didn't show her the prequels since I didn't like them and I figured I'd save those for her if she gets into trouble. That will be her punishment... watching the prequels. Like you mentioned, it has the scene where Greedo shot first, Hayden Christensen as Darth Vader's ghost, etc... Although the CGI was definitely better in the late 90's, I still much prefer the original versions as they were shot (nostalgia on my part I suppose?).

Once the franchise was sold to Disney, I don't know how much influence George Lucas had over the direction of the films anymore? They handed TFA over to JJ Abrams and I've already voiced my opinion on that film. I didn't hate it as much as a lot of other people did. But... I look at that film from a different perspective. You're bring back a long gone franchise and bringing a newer generation into the series so I think he did the best he could with what he was given. I certainly didn't walk out of the theater pissed off after the screening. I walked out feeling like I was 7 again which is what a movie like that is supposed to do. Appeal to the people like me that saw the originals in the theater and the people seeing them for the first time. I think he struck a safe balance and I hold no hard feelings toward him for going the route he did. Like I said before... he kind of had too.

I had to suffer through it again tonight since my daughter is staying over with her friends and my wife has really wanted to see it. I asked "can't we wait until this weekend so I don't have to see it three times?". I didn't give anything away to her other than I was really disappointed in the movie but I wanted to scream how bad the movie was toward the franchise. Let me tell you... Seeing it a second time is much worse because the plot holes are even more noticable. Of course my wife isn't as big of a Star Wars geek as I am but even she said it sucked and she loved the originals and liked TFA. This one movie completely destroyed my love of Star Wars and I (and she) ranted about it all the way home. Now I could finally let her know what I really felt about the film and it's shitty plot line and the way they treated Luke's character.

Imagine this... How cool would it have been if Luke was going to sacrifice himself anyway, him lifting the X-Wing out of the ocean by the island, flying to the Rebel Base and blasting a few ATAT's along the way and landing in front of the door and getting out? Then having an epic lightsaber battle fucking with Kylo Ren the whole time only to sacrifice himself after he knew that the Rebels were safely on the Millennium Falcon much in the vein of Obi-Wan? That.... Is how you end a beloved Star Wars character. I'm not a story writer but even that plot would have made me walk out of the theater happy. I'm not even going to talk about Leia. It's even dumber the second time you see it. Superman her way back to the ship and then knock on the door. Once they opened the door everyone would have been sucked out into space. I can suspend disbelief for only so long.

Fuck the Last Jedi and fuck Rein Johnson for writing and directing this fucking movie. Yes... I checked the end credits and he was credited with both.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    SC2SC likes this.
  3. Dec 21, 2017 at 9:44 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Oh... One more thing that I didn't think about during the opening scene bombing the Dreadnaught. Watching it again and the bombs dropping wouldn't have done shit. Once they exited the ship wouldn't they have just floated around since it's like... you know... space? I understand the WWII drama they were going for but gravity tended to play a part in the bombing runs over Germany.

*EDIT* Yes an object in motion tends to stay in motion but it just doesn't seem realistic nor effective to go that route.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
    SC2SC likes this.
  4. Dec 21, 2017 at 10:22 PM
    YotaOverAll

YotaOverAll Backyard Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    3" Toytec spacers, Bilstein 5100s in the back with add a leaf and overloads removed.
    Not sure if its gonna be 10-12 but Kevin smith said in his review that Rian Johnson was getting his own trilogy. Idk why they'd even give him one in this trilogy. Should've just let JJ do all three.

5. Dec 21, 2017 at 11:13 PM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Yes he is.

And yes, JJ Abrams should have been given all three of these.

SC2SC and YotaOverAll[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Dec 22, 2017 at 12:53 AM
    YotaOverAll

YotaOverAll Backyard Performance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jessie
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    02 Prerunner SR5
    3" Toytec spacers, Bilstein 5100s in the back with add a leaf and overloads removed.
    Its like Rian Johnsons just came in to say fuck you JJ Abrams and episode 7, we're gonna throw all that shit the fans have been wondering about out the window and make half the movie a build for his trilogy.

Thought Rogue One was gonna be bad because of the director issues and reshoots...not compared to this movie lol

SC2SC likes this.
  7. Dec 22, 2017 at 3:08 AM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Authorized Tuner PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black KD-Max Pro
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    Like the movie, these posts are too long!!

8. Dec 22, 2017 at 5:20 AM
    Taco Addiction

Taco Addiction We found Jimmy

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Kings, SCS Wheels and other mall crawling crap
    I feel your pain. How they miss on Luke like that is mind-boggling. Each new character is now paper-thin and disposable, even Snoke who could have been a memorable villain died too quickly and easily relative to his "power" WTF?

Saw Star Wars when I was 9 and like you, was absolutely mesmerized. Gigantic fan, I have an autographed stormtrooper helmet and have collected over 200 signatures and all the major actors are there; been to the UK, Japan, Ireland, etc (best sigs never leave the UK, tough to get). I've been offered $10K to $15K for it at multiple comicons (Leias signature is CLASSIC Carrie, spoke to her for about 10 min and she is, was, awesome) but will never sell it. Wife thinks I'm crazy though she loves SW and thought this movie sucked. I say all this to show just how huge a geek fan I am and to make my point below:

For me, once the original trilogy was complete, Star Wars ended. Once I accept that, I can watch whatever shit they make going forward or backward.

Prequels were absolutely terrible (but my kids love em) and these Disney versions are only slightly more watchable but the essence of Star Wars is over. Hard to explain in a forum how bad I wanted these last 3 to be awesome but at least I saw "Star Wars" about 10 times with a kid's awe and wonder.

9. Dec 22, 2017 at 6:13 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    That's awesome. I still have the original Star Wars album (with R2-D2 and C3P0 on the cover) that was released not long after A New Hope came out sans signatures. I'll never get rid of that.

I wish I could adopt your point of view with my perception of Star Wars. It's much better than mine for sure because I haven't been able to dissociate myself from the original three. I just hate the way they are treating the characters we loved so much growing up the way that they have.

10. Dec 22, 2017 at 6:14 AM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I also need to adopt this point of view... :oops:

11. Dec 22, 2017 at 6:30 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    Eh... Maybe? But if I were to guess... there is probably something "trivial" in your life that you would be equally upset about if they fucked with it. Just my take.

Silverspool likes this.
  12. Dec 22, 2017 at 6:38 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    I agree... And once again, I imagine there is something in your life that is equally "trivial" that would upset you and not upset others.

Silverspool and Taco Addiction like this.
  13. Dec 22, 2017 at 6:59 AM
    Taco Addiction

Taco Addiction We found Jimmy

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black TRD Offroad
    Kings, SCS Wheels and other mall crawling crap
    That is awesome! Yeah, I remember for my Bday got an 8 track of the movie...yeah...8 track. And then the album, wore em both out.

If you can disassociate yourself from the new shit, its easier to watch and actually more enjoyable. To me now, they are just movies. Do...there is no try :)

14. Dec 23, 2017 at 8:01 AM
    BYJOSHCOOK

BYJOSHCOOK [OP] Mr. Mojo Risin

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Woodstock and Alpharetta Ga
    Vehicle:
    2000 SR5 4WD Lunar Mist
    Check Out My Builds
    We are in complete agreement my friend! Once Carrie died they should have wrote her off in this one. Done like a Paul Walker ending to her with this film. Shouldn’t have killed off Luke because he’s the only one from the OT that is both alive in real life and in the movies.

15. Dec 23, 2017 at 9:00 AM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    well by that arguments Han should still be alive...

To me Luke’s ascension made sense, it was dumb...but it made sense with what happened.

Leia should’ve died bc Force floating/flying and living in space with no oxygen isn’t a thing and never has been in Star Wars. She also had 0 purpose to the plot after that point so why not just cut her scenes after CF died and be done with it. Now she either needs to be CG or have some lame off screen death in the next one(s)

16. Dec 23, 2017 at 9:12 AM
    RearViewMirror

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig Christ
    State of Love and Trust
    Vehicle:
    2023 Subaru WRX GT
    100% agreement

SC2SC likes this.
  17. Dec 23, 2017 at 11:22 AM
    SC2SC

SC2SC Likes Pineapple on Pizza

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    South of Charlotte
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB MGM TRD OR 4X4
    Icon Custom Build Custom Exhaust • SOS Sliders• RokBlokz
  18. Dec 23, 2017 at 12:33 PM
    BYJOSHCOOK

BYJOSHCOOK [OP] Mr. Mojo Risin

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Woodstock and Alpharetta Ga
    Vehicle:
    2000 SR5 4WD Lunar Mist
    Check Out My Builds
    Exactly! Should’ve killed her off in TFA and then left the other two alive!

19. Dec 23, 2017 at 12:39 PM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Authorized Tuner PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black KD-Max Pro
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    I understand people disliking the newer Star Wars movies but compared to the utter saturation of bad cinema which has been aired on the big screen over the last decade+, I anticipate the Star Wars movies and accept them for what they are. I do enjoy them, I have seen my two sons grow up liking the entire movie series which pleases me knowing how much I enjoyed episodes IV, V and VI when I was young.

20. Dec 23, 2017 at 1:27 PM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    My favorite movie of the year at this point is Thor Ragnarok...

But I haven’t seen jumanji yet :laugh:

Scribbles likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top