1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OFFICIAL XB LED HEADLIGHTS THREAD 16+

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by eledobleu, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Feb 6, 2020 at 2:03 PM
    eledobleu

eledobleu [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Retrofit Wholesale
    I hadn't logged in here for some time since there's only a few remaining that didn't receive the refund (your one of them). Same as I mentioned above, Stripe is re-issuing the refund. If somehow they don't issue it by the end of the month l, I will will be issuing a check or wire transfer.

They gave me the option to reissue the refund to my customers or receive a check from the amount they deducted from my account and I can refund my customers. I prefer for them to issue the refund since they screwed up 80% of my business due to their terrible security and customer support.

Inferno__Taco likes this.
  2. Feb 6, 2020 at 3:05 PM
    Joe.Dirt

Joe.Dirt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '19 Cavalry Blue TRD Off Road DCLB
    If they already messed up 80% of your business due to bad customer service why would you trust them to deal with refunds?

NCtaco914 and eledobleu[OP] like this.
  3. Feb 6, 2020 at 3:26 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    First Name:
    Retrofit Wholesale
    I don't trust them. But as an small business owner I prefer to leave the mess on their hands than to receive a "do it yourself" payment from them. That way me and my company won't be held against any legal processing by them or my customers. All phone calls, emails and documents all are saved on my end just in case. They have terrible merchant support and is just as bad as PayPal.

I've posted my situation on many forums and blogs to warn others of how they treat their merchants and unsecured processing systems.

4. Feb 8, 2020 at 2:48 AM
    NCtaco914

NCtaco914 MALLIN'CRAWLIN'

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    Agreed. Why would you sacrifice good relations with your customers? Clearly had an easy out to refund his customers and keep the water clean.

5. Feb 8, 2020 at 6:50 AM
    eledobleu

Member:
    First Name:
    Retrofit Wholesale
    In business there are no easy outs. I rather not risk receiving any "don't talk" payments from them when it's their job as a payment gateway to ensure my customers can pay me, issue refunds and payment security. I should have stopped the group buy the moment I had issues with PayPal back in June instead of reopening it so others can get a deal. We learn. Now we have a good marketing team that's gonna take a different approach for 2020 to try and get the business back going

Inferno__Taco likes this.
  6. Feb 8, 2020 at 6:35 PM
    DenverTaco

DenverTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD-Offroad Cement DCSB 6MT
    Extang Soild Fold 2.0 Tonnueau Cover Hondo Radio Knobs Mud Flaps Center Consol Organizer Window Tint
    From this fiasco can I reorder the headlights at 75% off?

7. Feb 8, 2020 at 7:36 PM
    NCtaco914

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    I'd be grateful just to get any amount of money back at this point. Sad whe someone owes you over a grand since July and plays it off with story telling. I'd take the refund and run or take your money to @TRSAndrew

8. Feb 9, 2020 at 10:31 AM
    DenverTaco

DenverTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    Extang Soild Fold 2.0 Tonnueau Cover Hondo Radio Knobs Mud Flaps Center Consol Organizer Window Tint

You have been waiting for your refund since July?! Did you contact your credit card company? And what did they say???

9. Feb 9, 2020 at 12:39 PM
    Huha

Huha Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma trd off road
    Arm rest organizer, dash cam, popnlock, anytime backup cam
    As much as I love the look of these headlights, I had to return these for a refund because of poor quality control. Instructions were poor and aiming the headlights did not really move much. Also like others, some of the leds in the drl strips did not work.

Now the refund process and oh boy did this process suck. Since these were purchased in a group buy and not directly from the retrofit source. They were not willing to help me with the refund even though they've already received the return headlights. I used paypal to pay for this group buy so I could use paypal credit. The retrofit source was about to going to charge me for a restocking fee for the return. I was not going to have that for selling me a defective product. Thankfully eledoleu was willing to cover that fee. Unfortunately, his paypal account had limited access and could not immediately issue the refund. So he instructed me to open a dispute through paypal to get my money back, but things were not a simple as it seems. There was a discrepancy with the information I provided which caused the case to be delayed even further. After numerous phone calls and digging out old transactions from my email, I was finally able to get my refund at the end of January. These will be my first and last morimoto product as well as avoiding any future group buys.

10. Feb 9, 2020 at 5:04 PM
    NCtaco914

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    I purchased through the GB in july 2nd. Cancelled Nov. 21st. Yes, several times. I was outside my claim period with my CC company. Should have known better, but I've never had an issue on TW till now. So it's a waiting game at this point. Whether I ever see the money or not, I'm over it. Over $1k is kinda hard to except though. I'll stick around TW as I've meet some great ppl here. But I will never purchase anything for a large amount who isn't an approved vendor here. Hard lesson learned...

11. Feb 9, 2020 at 5:36 PM
    dwong

dwong Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    '19 SR DCSB
    I'm bummed some of y'all are having issues. I love my set. Output isn't great as an HID retrofit, but damn do they look good!

12. Feb 10, 2020 at 10:59 AM
    DenverTaco

DenverTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Connor
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:

What’s the status with the refunds? My credit card company called me the other day and left me a message to call back. When I did they said it was still pending approval... if you have the ok then why not send us the money that we have been patiently waiting for.

I’ll never do a group buy like this again. I’m super disappointed

13. Feb 15, 2020 at 5:54 AM
    NCtaco914

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    @eledobleu :playball:

14. Feb 15, 2020 at 6:06 AM
    J_Anthony_

J_Anthony_ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    RangerIsTheBestTruck.Duh.
    Naomi, Lana
    This entire group buy thread is a joke.

shocking that people have had multiple issues with lights / a good amount of them being sent back . . . People not even receiving lights or their money back from a supposed “refund”.

Lock this thread and shut it down. Privately message each individual with the Mods involved. And handle this.

As for the guy saying he wants the third party source to pay the other guy back ? Like what ? You openly said you should of stopped once the issues started with them. But instead you kept it open “to get people deals”.

As a business owner it’s clear. You fucked up. Pay the man his money, and then YOU go for the money owed from the company that YOU used. Idk why there’s a question about it.

take the loss. And learn from it. But not at the expense of your customers.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    NCtaco914 and Joe.Dirt like this.
  15. Feb 15, 2020 at 12:06 PM
    NCtaco914

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    He doesn't have any intentions of paying anyone back. Look at the mess he made over at Tundras.com It's truly bad business to say the least. I had PM's with him till the point I wanted anything else said to be public. Mods know what is going on. I'm guessing they are waiting to see if he'll do the right thing. He keeps buying himself more time with some incredible stories as usual. Personally I think he is upside down with a failing business and a high end lifestyle. Owes more than he can possibly pay back. He'll stick around to collect more sales till mods shut him down or he bails out. I hate to say it, but I don't see anyone getting their money back. If I ever saw the money back, I'd be extremely shocked

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    Joe.Dirt likes this.
  16. Feb 17, 2020 at 8:29 AM
    eledobleu

Member:
    First Name:
    Retrofit Wholesale
    @DenverTaco refund has been resolved by Stripe on Feb 15 and @Huha received his about 11 days ago. Others are still pending as they are contacting banks directly

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Larebel likes this.
  17. Feb 22, 2020 at 4:59 AM
    NCtaco914

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    30 days has come and gone. However, glad to know others are seeing refunds finally.

18. Feb 24, 2020 at 5:03 PM
    NCtaco914

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    @eledobleu Let's continue the refund process. Any updates....

19. Feb 25, 2020 at 3:47 PM
    NCtaco914

Member:
    First Name:
    NEIL
    NORTH CAROLINA
    Vehicle:
    17' DCSB TRD O/R
    @eledobleu you have other members awaiting too. What's the statuses of current pending refunds?

20. Feb 25, 2020 at 7:17 PM
    eledobleu

Member:
    First Name:
    Retrofit Wholesale
    Im waiting for the results myself. Every time I contact them they say the investigations are handled individually and they can't give a time frame. Just that I have to keep checking check back. But at least they began issuing refunds so that's good news. BTW I don't get on this forums everyday or receive emails when you tag me so when I don't respond please understand why

Products Discussed in

To Top