1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Offroading in NH

Discussion in 'Off-Roading & Trails' started by green01, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Mar 13, 2010 at 5:14 PM
    green01

green01 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Windham, NH
    Vehicle:
    2.7 01 Tacoma
    Homemade front bumper, homemade rock sliders, 17" trd wheels with General Grabber AT2, homemade rear bike rack and lights.
    Hey guys, looking for some people to go offroading with. I have been to a few cool places in Merrimack NH and rode in some sweet mud. Always looking for new places in NH. Anyone interested or have any good spots to 4x4. I have a few place to check out if your from the area.

Mast Rd, East Merrimack NH * 42.809515,-71.476365 * (google for entrance to spot)

&

Griffin Street, East Merrimack NH * 42.840652,-71.489086 * (google for entrance to spot)

2. Mar 17, 2010 at 12:16 AM
    trd09

trd09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    NW Ark
    Vehicle:
    17 TRD Pro 6AT
    I will be in MA for the summer. PM me...

3. Apr 8, 2010 at 1:19 PM
    stuntmanmike

stuntmanmike Member

Member:
    3" lift
    I'm from merrimack also. Have you been to the Hannah Jack trails in NH? I heard there are some trails in Derry also. Im going to check them out soon. PM me sometime and we can find some trails

4. Apr 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    green01

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Windham, NH
    Vehicle:
    2.7 01 Tacoma
    Homemade front bumper, homemade rock sliders, 17" trd wheels with General Grabber AT2, homemade rear bike rack and lights.
    Hey, yeah i would like to go offroading some time. Next weekend im going to a tacoma meet in mass at gillette stadium on saturday 17th at 1. Before the meet im going to up merrimac to get a little muddy first. Where are the trails in Derry? I live in windham, 5 min from derry.

5. Apr 9, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    jwandrsn

jwandrsn Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4 MGM Tacoma
    Thanks for sharing the spots. I'm always looking for new places to go that doesn't involve traveling too far. There's a couple of places i know in Bow and in Loudon. Not sure how far that is from you.

6. Apr 15, 2010 at 12:11 PM
    stuntmanmike

stuntmanmike Member

Member:
    3" lift
    They are off exit 5 of 93. They are some tight trails and are decent. Its mostly hill climbs and not too much mud.

7. Apr 15, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    Danosabre

Danosabre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Gardner,Ma
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Extang Trifold bed cover,DDM 55W 6000k HID, maglight, Vent visors

Holy crap run over my practice wife while your in Derry. She lives on Beaver lake.

8. Apr 19, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    green01

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Windham, NH
    Vehicle:
    2.7 01 Tacoma
    Where off exit 5? I live between exit 3 and 4. Could go let me know the address or find it on google maps and send me its coordinates. Im going to check out some trails in Danville tonight. I will post some pics and let you know how they are.

9. Apr 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    Now this is the thread I need to jump into.....How many of you want to make a NH "Meet & Greet"....then trail ride....?????

I am working for a NEW Off-road shop in Rochester and we have opened up the idea for meets.......and had our 1st "run" leave out this past Sunday AM for a run up in Wakefield,NH.....

In the works is a "Welding 101" class and we would like to ad dates for other events.....:cool:

Since I am a Tacoma owner and member here the "bias" is all mine ;).....

Our grand opening is at the end of May and the owner is headed out to TTC in California the week of June 7-11......only NH truck to make it :cool::D

Just Pm me for more details on exact dates that are open plus our "addy" and if someone wants to lead this up...please do so....I don't mind the parking lot full of Jeeps BUT would LOVE it full Of TOYOTA's :D;)......

S

10. Apr 19, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    green01

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Windham, NH
    Vehicle:
    2.7 01 Tacoma
    Whats up Snope, you should have come to the mass meet last weekend. It was pretty cool, there were 13 tacomas; my first gen, and 12 second gens tacos, lol. I will def come if you have a NH meet. Im sure i can get a bunch of tacoma owners from mass to come. Do you have anything scheduled? Where in wakefield do you wheel? Whats the name of the shop you are working at? Do you have a website?

Anyhow, i ended up exploring trails in Salem, NH today. Best trails i have been on yet, some tight trails, some muddy trails, and a lot of fun. I will prob go back this weekend to explore during the day. I followed my buddy around in his jeep that has a 4inch lift and 35s. The Tacoma is unstoppable!! so far...

11. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:27 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    green01,

The shop www.kmsweldingandoffroadcenter.com

The group I wheel with is ENH,Exploring NH.....they use the legal trails throughout NH,plus have access to some private property for members....

I am really trying to get the Toyota #'s up and poll interest in who needs and likes/dislikes what products so a "Meet & greet" would help everyone..... I need to know what vendors would help both the customer and our shop.....

Again,the shop is open to any group so gauge interest and start gathering dates .then we will try to make this work........Plus I would like to talk to you about your "New England Toyota" stickers,maybe sell at the ....store.....

S

12. Apr 21, 2010 at 4:14 PM
    tC2taco

tC2taco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    franktown
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cap Off Road
    I would definitely be down for a meet and trail ride. any weekend day.

13. Apr 23, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    stuntmanmike

stuntmanmike Member

Member:
    3" lift
    I'm also done for a meet and trail ride. Green I can't find the exact location on google maps but if you want to meet up in derry sometime i can show you where they are

14. Apr 23, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    The only "Definite" I can give for a date is our "Grand Opening" on Saturday, May 29....and if there is a large enough number coming I will talk to our neighbors ( Rochester TOYOTA) about parking all of you in front of them on their large clearing...give them a photo op for that day ( line up their NEW trucks on the front line behind us) and maybe get some TOYOTA goods out of the deal ;):cool:.....

green01, you talk it up and I'll "rattle" the locals up here....I would LOVE to out number that other 4X4 company..:cool:

S

15. Jun 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    MachoTaco10

MachoTaco10 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
  16. Jun 25, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    This kind of "Died" since the "Boys" came back from Cali....I can offer the space for a "Meet" ,just give me a little "Time Frame"....BUT with a full blown "Summer schedule" We have PUSHED any formal events out till late July/early August.....

WE have signed on with NEW Vendors but I need signed contracts before announcements can be made ;):cool:...This group should be VERY HAPPY :):cool:....

We will be at some of the "Godeepmud" runs in Lebanon Maine during the season and will be up at Gunstock,NH for the July 24/25 "Rib-Fest /Deep Woods " event......

17. Feb 8, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    hellrazor004

hellrazor004 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB
    Is there anyone around the southern NH area with a 3 inch lift? Who's willing to let me take a look at it. I am not 100% sure how high i want to go with lifting my truck, but i would like to see what it looks like in person.

18. Mar 2, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    Erik

Erik That smells like pure gasoline

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Nashua, NH
    Vehicle:
    10'TRD off-road
    Shrockworks bumper+ IFS skid, 4xInnovations rock sliders, Toytec Bilstein/Eibach 5100 @ 2.5", 3" All-pro leaf pack w/Bilstein 5100, PIAA 510SMR, PIAA 1500, Python LC3 2-way Auto-start, Fog lights on w/Parking lights, ATRAC Hack, Diff breather mod
    I am from MA, but I have a camp house in Warner, NH. I know of one trail run around the area that has some deep mud, large rocks, small hills with loose terrain. I've rode it many times with the ATV's, but not with my truck. I would like to know where some other trails are.

I do not have a lift yet and I have stock BFG Rugged Trail tires. Will my truck make it on these trails? If not what would you recommend I do to it to make it a trail worthy daily driver? Are there easier trails around that I could run while I am saving up for the mods?

I've done loads of research and have come up with a wishlist. I am trying to spend money on only the neccessary stuff for now and go nuts later.

19. Mar 2, 2011 at 7:12 PM
    green01

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Windham, NH
    Vehicle:
    2.7 01 Tacoma
  20. Mar 3, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    Erik

Erik That smells like pure gasoline

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    Nashua, NH
    Vehicle:
    10'TRD off-road
    Shrockworks bumper+ IFS skid, 4xInnovations rock sliders, Toytec Bilstein/Eibach 5100 @ 2.5", 3" All-pro leaf pack w/Bilstein 5100, PIAA 510SMR, PIAA 1500, Python LC3 2-way Auto-start, Fog lights on w/Parking lights, ATRAC Hack, Diff breather mod
    Thanks. I'll ckeck out the link. After searching the forum I'm hearing that there are a couple people who know of a trail here and a trail there.

Products Discussed in

To Top