1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Offroading Sunday, 1-24-10

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by dysfunctnlretard, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    It's snowing there now... :eek:

2. Jan 22, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    Me (4WD) & 99.9% sure ReCkLeSsTaCo so:

1. 4WD

2.ReCkLeSsTaCo

C'mon Ladies ya can't live out the 4Wheeler Fantasy thru this forum, ya gotta get out & JUUUUUZZZZZ DOOOOO IITTTTT !!! ..........:cool::eek::cool::D:eek:

3. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    Re8elmonk0341

Re8elmonk0341 "Kill BABIES"

Member:
    First Name:
    m0nk
    Skiatook, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '17 Silver Tacoma SR 4x4

I said I'll go too

4. Jan 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    Country

Country Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Country
    East Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl.-Everyone says it looks like a tank
    Pro Comp 6in lift w/ Icon Coilovers,AllPro UCA's, AllPro Baja Leaf pack, Bilstein 5150's in the rear. Tires Mickey Thompson MTZ 275/70R18 w/ procomp 7089 wheels. ARB front bumper with mile marker winch, Custom made all quarter inch steel rear bumper. Demello rock crusher slider's. CoverKing neoprene seat cover's, AllPro trail armor All-pro U-bolt flip kit with Timbren bump stops and many many many other mods, way to many to list.
    where is corral canyon exactly I would like to attend this little trail shindig, give me exact directions ill just punch it into my gps, thanks

5. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    OK guys , after reading some of your concerns, please allow me to clairify a few details::: Myth No.1 : " I don't know about this, I can't afford to lose my rig or get it stuck there for days" :confused::confused::eek: ":argue::annoyed:

FACT: I'm leading this one down the trail now, I HAVE NOT, I WILL NOT lead ANYONE down an obliviously dangerous trail , The trail that PJ & myself have harped about , was traveled by our own choice recognizing the visual potential for a periless acsent i.e; It looked tough, it looked a little dangerous & knowing this we as adults assumed responsibility for the outcome whatever it would be. It was & we did !!" NO ONE LEFT BEHIND" I'm sure alot of you are familiar with this statement & I live it! I want everyone to have a great memorable , safe, yet an exhilerating "rush" thats why we do this right? ..:yay::yay::yay::woot:

Myth No.2 "Uh I wanna go, but you gonna go? who else is gonna go? I aint gonna go unless you gonna go, you gonna go?? ""
    FACT : LOL for Christsakes, "GO ALREADY DUDES "" We aren't connected at the hip boys & sure we all have a long time buddy that we do everything with but if they can't make it then go anyway if you wanted to in the first place, hey its a great way to meet some new like minded people like yourselves. Hell I didn't know ANY of you a few months ago, I just saw the thread that PeeJay had started about heading out to corral canyon & since I hadn't been there in years so I figured I'd tag along & I've met & hopefully made some new friends & if ya DON'T like me it just means there is something seriously wrong with you!! J/K lol.

OK my sense of humor is saracastic ,dry & somewhat psychotic if anything I say offends you ,see above statement !! j/k again

FACT : My offroad experience is probably alot different than most of yours & I'm a bit of a different animal behind the wheel I sometimes do ( & I will)
    Take a tougher trail or negotiate a hazard that others won't, Good, when I do this I have already visualized my best possible line of travel & have already calculated the risk factor. If I do something that you may not want to do or do not have the experience or confidence then dont follow me, I wouldn't follow someone else if I was that unsure of myself or THE GUY LEADING THE TRAIL, myself included. Ya know common sense shit. The object is GOOOOD TIMES BABY & we always seem to despite that bypass trail shit It wasn't wasted I learned plenty on that trip...

You arent going to see heroic daredevil stunts from this old fart I want to do alot of these adventures before my time is up ?

FACT No# 3: I posted the time & place to meet on Sunday morning
    9:00 AM I will hang at frosty cone for 15- 20 mins max. My cell# is (619) 655-0534 if yer on yer way & running a little late no big , just give me a call & we'll /I'll hang a few don't need a list of whose who I prefer the "blind date" approach not that I would date ANY of you butt ugly MOFO's So if anyone wants to go , then its just been laid out for you pretty clear I think & lastly THIS IS CORRAL CANYON not the POWDER PUFF DERBY OF PINE VALLEY this isn't a knock on Pine Valley its just that CC is alot tougher & demanding that's all & NO CB's ALLOWED !!! ( not really, just hoping that TRI sees this because he's not going this time "but next time huh TRI?" lol Any questions besides the normal ones like "Is that toothless fat, bald old man mentally competent ?" Hell no I'm not thats what makes it fun for me & hopefully you guys too !!! Thats it .... I'm OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttt!!......:mudding::mudding:

6. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.

Well said...I am still unsure about this weekend due to family coming to town.

7. Jan 22, 2010 at 5:41 PM
    Re8elmonk0341

Member:
    First Name:
    m0nk
    Skiatook, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '17 Silver Tacoma SR 4x4
    The old fart has a ponit there!!!
    NICELY PUT!!!! Doug :thumbsup: I'll be there...I might have a slight hangover but right or shine I'll be there. I'm not gonna meet you at the Frosty Cone tho...I'll be at the store across the street so I can pick up a can of "pick me up"

C'mon guys don't be a bunch of VAGE and just go and have a liitle fun. It's just some snow, mud and rain. :eek:

8. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:42 AM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    I'll try to make it out guys, I don't have anything going on. I just hope it isn't too bad on the main trail. It would be cool to have some snow up there. It would make for some cool pictures! I just hope the mud isn't too thick. I don't want you guys to be pulling me out the whole time. :p

I know it was raining when Rick, Tony and I went earlier last year, but I don't think the mud was nearly as bad as it's going to be. Hopefully my KM2s will perform well. :D

9. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:45 AM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Let's get some facts straight!!!

Where and when are we meeting? Pine Valley store at 9am on Sunday, correct?

10. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:47 AM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Oh, and no bypasses right? Am I the only PreRunner? :eek:

11. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:47 AM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Oh, and how many recovery straps do we got? I always carry mine. :devil:

Is anybody going to be on a CB? If so, what channel? :D

12. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:54 AM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Temps in the high 30s to low 40s on the day and sunny. Should be a good time!

OK I'm done! :D

13. Jan 23, 2010 at 2:06 AM
    Re8elmonk0341

Member:
    First Name:
    m0nk
    Skiatook, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    '17 Silver Tacoma SR 4x4
    Are you done Derek!!??? :p

I will be there....I don't have any straps but I do have a CB which I think work :confused: :rolleyes: As far as the channel IDK

14. Jan 23, 2010 at 2:18 AM
    Silver06

Silver06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sd Socal
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Tacoma 4x4
    Address of the store where we meet or the name would be nice too?

15. Jan 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM
    ez_money08

ez_money08 EZ's Black Taco

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out '08 Tacoma SR5 4X4 4.0L
    3 1/2" Icon coilovers, wheelers 2" AAL's, Total Chaos UCA's, diff drop, carrier bearing drop, TRD Cai, Magnaflow exhaust, halo projector headlights, L.E.D tail lights, Blue gauge light mod, Satoshi grille, Hella 700's with H.I.D conversion behind grille, herculiner on rockers and rear bumper, lighted buggy whip mount in bed
    I'm 50/50 on going now. Going to be partying for my b-day tonight. could...wait most likely will be hung over. I'd be out there around 11:00 with my buddy. he wants to bring his montero sport to try it in the mud

16. Jan 23, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner

28820 Old Highway 80 Pine Valley, CA 91962

:)

17. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:28 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    i think we should go next week or weekend... its supposed to rain moar this week

18. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    I am going too for sure. And I am prerunner to Derek. But Doug can we keep it at the original time of 10am. I got peeps coming and that's the time they planned

19. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    I'm going tomorrow. :cool:

I can't pass up the opportunity to wheel in some snow, even if I get stuck a few times. :)

I can see snow in the mountains from my bedroom window! :D

20. Jan 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    derekabraham

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner

Good to hear!!! :bananadance: