1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Offset for flush fit

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Sditguy, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Mar 18, 2019 at 1:21 PM
    Sditguy

Sditguy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi Everyone, long time reader first time poster. Truly appreciate the wealth of knowledge and you guys willing to share it here!

I've got a 98 extra cab that's all stock. Well, it had an AAL kit which gave it that wack (but functional) stance. With what I found here was able to safely take that thing out so now my truck looks normal.

I'm coming from a 1992 standard toyota pickup which was great, but man this thing rolls like a lexus...not really but waaay better than 92.

My question is, what is the widest tire/wheel setup for most likely some 15" wheels running 55 or 60 series tires. I don't want to give up too much ride quality for minimum performance gains. I also want to keep the rim/tire flush with the body. I'd be open to 16" with lower profile tires, but not much more than that since my pickup is a 4 banger meant for some decent gas mileage.

I may look at a mild drop in the future, but $$$ talks.

Thanks in advance!!!!

-Steve

2. Mar 18, 2019 at 1:45 PM
    DW85

DW85 Dude.....

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2001 XtraCab Tacoma TRD 4x4/2004 SR5 V6 4Runner
    Tacoma: Badlands basher front bumper Trail gear rear bumper Trail gear sliders OME Dakar’s OME 883 Coils Bilstein 5100s front Bilstein 5125s rear SPC Upper Control Arms Wheeler’s Extended brake lines ProComp 51 Series 15x8 3.5” BS 32x11.50x15 BFG KO2’s Honda CR-V windshield washer nozzles Hella 500FF fog lights Energy Suspension power steering rack bushings 4Runner: Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10 265/70r17’s TPMS Bypass mod RCI Skid Plate CBI Ditch light brackets 1.25” Wheel Spacers 2” Front Leveling Kit
    5 lug I’m guessing? Might wanna post here https://www.tacomaworld.com/forums/street-trucks.70/
    I’m fairly certain the fenders are different from 5 lug to 6 lug so wheel offset for flush figment will be different. On a 6 lug 4” backspacing on a 8” wide wheel is fairly flush but could be wide for you.

3. Mar 19, 2019 at 10:32 AM
    Sditguy

Sditguy [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yup. Thanks for the heads up!

DW85 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top