1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oh, the joy of dumb ass's getting caught

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Oat, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    Busy traffic after work in downtown streets. Traffic is at a standstill. One by one, cars are going around this one car that is double parked. The owner of his car is standing by the wheel of his car, JUST STANDING THERE. Other people are standing around him, yelling at him too. Everyone that has to go around him is honking and giving him the finger, yelling at him as they pass. He's just standing there, arms crossed, head down.

As our car passes him, I look over to see what the guy's problem is.

Ends up, he had a pedestrian under his car. :(

2. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:16 PM
    Russell F

Russell F Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russell
    Madison Florida
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 Off Road
    Removed mudflaps, 14" shorty, weatherteck floor mats, interior floorboard blue led
    My buddy and i were drivin into georgia the other day and this guy in an impala that was painted neon yellow and light blue with about 25 in rims on it passed me. About five mins later we saw his car on the side of the road and he was standing next to it. His rear left wheel had completely come off of the car and i think the part of the axel had broken also.

3. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:22 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    I was on a four lane divided freeway traveling in the fast lane. Traffic had slowed down to 35 MPH for some reason. Don't recall why, wasn't a wreck or anything like that.

Jackass on a sportbike is running his high beams in my right side mirror and doing the cool guy weave behind me. There is highway patrol unit two cars ahead of me. I lift off the gas slightly to request that cool guy back off my bumper a bit. Cool guy decides he's going to split lanes to get by me. (legal in California, but has to be done "prudently") Cool guy cruises by me, the car in front of me, then the highway patrol unit. He had maybe a foot of clearance between himself and each vehicle on either side of him when he passed the cop.

I think he startled the cop, because the lights and siren came on immediately.:D Jackass decides to run and continues splitting lanes. Cop drives his 3/4 ton Chevy truck (they use these for commercial truck inspections here) into the center divider and floors it. :eek: About two hundred yards later the jackass decides running wasn't a good idea and pulls over.

Maybe a minute or two later, I pass them. Cool guy and his girlfriend are off the bike, helmets off. The cop is just walking up to them. He appears professional, but pissed. :)

Made my day!

4. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    At the beach on a unpaved road this group of girls in a land rover (two of them sitting out them windows, on the doors) blew past me, going around me and off the trail at around 25mph. The driver even flipped me off...
    but about 100the feet down the road they hit a deep rut, both the girls in the windows fell out of the truck, and they totaled the front on a rock.
    I still stopped to help those bitches though, had to call an ambulance for one of the girls who fell out and hit her face on a rock.

#2 at the beach, on a somewhat paved road-
    Tourists in ! Rental mustang overtake me on the unpaved shoulder, not realizing there's a large drop off the asphault, and gets stuck. One of the wheels was ripped off and the suspension was dun.

Stupid people are stupid

5. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:28 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    did you get some "reward" for helping them?

6. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    crazyengineer

crazyengineer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    patrick
    Bristol, TN
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad
    K&N Cold Air Intake, Warn Winch and Bumper Guard, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Undercover Bed Cover, TRD Kenwood Head Unit, Infiniti Speakers, JL 13.5 inch pancake sub
    almost happened to me a couple summers ago,

i was driving 70 in a 65 and got passed by a guy doing 81 (yes, i know his speed)

i looked in my rear view and saw the flashy blue and red lights.

then he pulled me over.....

he was cool about it and let me go since it wasn't me and he saw both truck

7. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:33 PM
    WizzyTRDTXPRO

WizzyTRDTXPRO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    TRD TX PRO 4x4
    When I was 18 I worked for a railroad salvage company and I was riding with one of the truck drivers in the truck with my 322 Cat excavator with wide load signs on the Lowboy and the front of the truck as required. A guy mustang couldn't get around us on this little 2 lane highway so he decided to use the shoulder and ended up hitting a sign. Behind the sign was a State patrol officer with his yellow lights flashing from finishing writing a ticket. The guy in the mustang wrecks his car and gets a ticket.

8. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    friend of mine got in a head on wreck trying to pass an entire funeral procession (he didn't know it was a funeral procession till about halfway through it) back in high school. we still rag him about that.

9. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    At the beach with posted 10mph speed limit. So bro in his Tundra decides to bust out a few donuts. About 10 seconds after he starts a cruiser goes by and stops right in front of him. Bro keeps doing donuts with cops 6ft away. Then finally he stops directly face to face with the cop car. LOL. They wasted no time yanking everyone out of the car.

10. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    dayNnite4

dayNnite4 We can't stop here, this is bat country.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Southern NH
    Vehicle:
    '11 4x4 5-speed AC
    on the palisades parkway(long, curvy, no lights, LOTS of cops) a couple month ago after dark and i see a cop hiding on the side after a car aheads headlights shine on him and a g35 goes about 90 past me AS WERE PASSING THE COP. cops lights come on and i hear the g35 FLOOR it. not sure if the cop caught him.. the GWB was about a mile ahead so maybe he got away.. bastard

11. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM
    Ivan

Ivan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ivan
    Western Mass
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma, 4x4 + SR5

lmao

12. Nov 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    That would not have been enjoyable for me

that would have been like slapping a walrus

13. Nov 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM
    GuyWithCamera

GuyWithCamera Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Tracy,CA
    Vehicle:
    Nissan 370Z
    Last friday I was cruising home from San Jose after a night of bar hopping (I didn't have any alcohol [Designated Driver]) at around 3AM when a white 2007+ Ford Expedition flew by going at least 85 (I was going about 72MPH) and when he flew by he was driving on the reflectors/lane dividers on my side.

So I sped up a little bit to see how he/she was driving, They couldn't drive straight... It kept bobbing into the left and right lane, By the time I came to conclusion they were drunk they sped up (paranoid?) to about 90MPH. A white SUV is pretty common out here and I didn't get a plate number, So I had to let it go and hope for the best... 10 miles later I see the white Expedition on the side of the road with CHP behind it :)

14. Nov 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    close your eyes and hope for the best:cool:

15. Nov 8, 2011 at 8:33 PM
    arrrghhh

arrrghhh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road
    Custom Front Bumper, Smittybilt XRC-8, 3" OME lift, 33" Falken A/T tires
    Do people realize they can subscribe to threads without posting in them, right? :confused: (Hint: thread tools drop-down)

Need a TW PSA on this. Perhaps we can weave in how ATRAC is best for off-roading. 2 birds, 1 stone.

16. Nov 8, 2011 at 8:41 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    ATRAC!!!!!!!!!!!!! What have you done!

::mad: The A-TRAC master will be here soon. :crapstorm:

Well i've seen... nothing. People in my town cant drive. That is all.

17. Nov 8, 2011 at 8:42 PM
    spares

spares Canadian Bacon

Member:
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD Sport

but subbing that way doesn't raise post count

18. Nov 8, 2011 at 8:46 PM
    SpazzyB

SpazzyB Master of the Prius...

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryen
    neuf un six
    Vehicle:
    '04.5 vw stance machine
    And how do you know that said people didn't physically sub to the thread, and also make the "sub'd" post to up their count? :rolleyes:

19. Nov 8, 2011 at 9:04 PM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Not long after my Dad brought home his Porsche we went out riding around at about 10 pm in April, it was a beautiful night btw clear sky's low humidity cool air etc perfect time to drop the top, when we were on the way home some jackasses in a Chevy Silverado SS decide that they want to race us and pull up beside us and take off and then back off, put truck in netural rev it up, etc just egging us on to race them. We got about a mile out of the city limit where it was finally a bit straight and a broken line the guys floor it and hit 90+ easy around the turn ahead my dad wanted to catch up to him and show him what the Porsche had but I told him not to. We get a few miles down the road and see the lights besides the road with the same jackasses pulled over getting a ticket.

20. Nov 8, 2011 at 10:30 PM
    Catcrazed

Catcrazed Love is Dogs and Toyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Central Oregon
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen Flatbed 3.4
    91 Flatbed, 4.88's, ARBs, SAS, 3.4 Swap, 35s, M8000, lots lights, Aux tank, Protech
    Does having a bunch of post some how make u feel cooler? Cause it don't mean fuck to me.

Products Discussed in

To Top