1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Oh, the joy of dumb ass's getting caught

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Oat, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Nov 10, 2011 at 6:44 AM
    Hiemsnox

Hiemsnox Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Beavercreek, OH
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD Offroad Indigo Ink
    Last night i bought something off of a guy on CL and he showed up in a multi colored primered civic, loud exhaust and all, well after our trade, he leave and i hear him floor it, then i leave the parking lot and follow down the same road, one street down as im driving i see a cop car pull out and stay in the right lane, im in the left. i catch up to the guy in the civic at a light so im next to him, cop is behind him. light turns green. He accelerates normally, and im driving next to him just saying "do it! do it!" in my head,

Then he floors it!

LIGHTS!! hahaha made my night

2. Nov 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    RogueLeader

RogueLeader Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 TRD
    I was at Lowry AFB, CO. I was in the Drum and Bugle Corp. A bunch of the guys drove to an on-base park to practice. After the practice, the guys who had their cars all lined up decided to look at the different engines, including one guy with a Corvair. One of them had a GTO that he modified with trip dueces. When everyone was ready to leave, one of the guys yelled, "Gentlemen, start your engines." Hoods and trunk lids slammed, everyone jumped in their cars, reved their engines, and took off at normal speeds, except the guy with the GOAT. He lit up his tires and was guickly stopped by the SPs. Got a ticket for exhibition of speed.

3. Nov 10, 2011 at 11:29 AM
    speedydave

speedydave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Hickory, Nc
    Vehicle:
    Mustang GT
    Classic!:D

4. Nov 10, 2011 at 11:36 AM
    NetMonkey

NetMonkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Geogetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010, 4x4, DC, off-road, shortbed, automatic
    Toytec Ultimate Lift @ 3", Mickey Thompson MTZ's 285/75/16, Moto Metal 955b, rear 2" ALL, Marlin Crawler sliders
    I was on I70 in utah driving to colorado. i was doing about 85 (the speed limit is 80) and this ricer blew past me like i was standing still. i would have to guess he was doing 120+ mph. a mile later, i past him and a highway patrol on the side of the road. i shook my head and said, "dumb ass" :D

5. Nov 10, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    chris duby

chris duby This is where I write something clever

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Lake Jackson, TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD OR Premium
    6" Lift, 22x12 Xtreme Force XF8 wheels, 33x12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers...
    My daily comute is roughly 50 minutes in the morning and an hour in the afternoon (traffic). So, I went and bought me a pretty nice radar detector that has been picking up the cops about a mile and a half away. I'm usually running 80 in a 65 with a trail of cars behind me and when my radar detector goes off, I move to the slow lane and coast down to the speed limit. Then the trail of cars pass me up and there have been a few of those cars that have been pulled over by the time I see the cop. It makes me laugh so hard every time.

6. Nov 10, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    ruggedT

ruggedT The Sticker Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Stan
    Midlothian, Va
    Vehicle:
    2016 Ford F250
    Diesel on 35's
    We have issues with people doing u-turns in the emergency vehicle cut thru's on the highway here(65mph). We see accidents weekly. Day before thanksgiving I was headed home from work, i was doin about 74, only one withing a couple hundred yards. A silver impala comes off the offramp, and i move to the left lane. He proceeds to cut in front of me leaving his blinker on. Then mashes his brakes and I realized he was going to u-do it! So I ran up close and went around him while laying on the horn. Ended up being an under cover state trooper.

Ended up with 2 tickets, of the slew he tried to throw at me. Improper use of horn and something about highway signs. He tried the big bad cop thing, including attempting to pull me from my truck. Said I need to yeild emergency vehicles and he could take me to jail. He was 1: Undercover. 2: no fucking blue lights. He even admitted they had problems w/ people doing that. Fucking pigs.

7. Nov 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    Yes driving to work on a two lane road, there is the usual long line of cars and everyone is driving the usual speed which is around the speed limit with that many cars in a line. But some JA is 2 inches behind me, jerking and jestering around like I should speed up. (Do you see the line of cars in front of us DA?)

This road has a yellow lined left turning lane in the center to enter some subdivisions, but for the road intersection we were approaching there is an actual left turnout lane that you are supposed to use. I see him pull into the yellow lane way before the legal turnout lane, but I still had plenty of time so I went ahead and entered the turnout. Now we stop because the intersection is also a school zone and there is a cop directing the intersection. The guy is back there waving his hands out the window and shouting. The cop notices and walks over and asks me if there is a problem. I say you need to ask him back there, so he does. He comes back to me and states "he claimed you cut him off illegally". I explained, no sir he must have been travelling in the yellow lane because I used the turnout correctly then there he was. Cop said, have a nice day then went back and wrote him the ticket.

Products Discussed in

To Top