1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ohio

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by 2TRunner, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Oct 23, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Did I just open my front door and see fucking snow?

WTF?

2. Oct 23, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
    Snowing here in Marysville. Seems kinda early for this stuff.

3. Oct 23, 2013 at 4:17 AM
    thalgott3

thalgott3 Dogs like trucks.

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    C-bus, OH
    Vehicle:
    '13 PreRunner SR5 DCSB
    Devil Horns & N-Fab Rock Rails
    Driving around in Ohio w/o a front license plate!?! Shame, shame! :p

I am fairly new to TW. Just bought my ride about three months ago. I have lived in C-bus my whole life and am just recently learning the joys of owning a house in the Hilltop...yep, hasty decision on my part! :rolleyes:

Today was the first time I had seen the Ohio thread in the homepage and I thought I would chime in! I have really enjoyed all of the interesting mods and reading random discussions on this website.

4. Oct 23, 2013 at 5:44 AM
    thalgott3

thalgott3 Dogs like trucks.

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    C-bus, OH
    Vehicle:
    '13 PreRunner SR5 DCSB
    Devil Horns & N-Fab Rock Rails
    Awesome truck Alex! Two questions. What is mounted on your hood infront of the scoop? Why does your location say Ft. Hood?

5. Oct 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM
    Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD SR5

Hahaha. I would never do anything with my doors. My luck I would drop them or screw them up somehow.

I just couldnt believe they actually had gull wing and lambo doors for the tacoma

6. Oct 23, 2013 at 8:16 AM
    Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    Yup....it was snowing here in Dayton as well. Had some pretty big flakes. I was surprised cause it was raining...just a slight drizzle. On my way to work...bam...it just started snowing like crazy. Now....it's sunny out. I swear...Ohio...you better quit drinking.

7. Oct 23, 2013 at 3:11 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    October snow, quite the rarity. And a decent little amount to, not that it stuck or stayed snow.

LKQ jacked up my FJ buckets. I got 2 seats today. 1 of them from a FJ. The other is from...I have no fucking idea...looks like a GM/Ford van seat. Got the lady I've been dealing with now trying to find where my D/S seat is.

8. Oct 24, 2013 at 6:29 AM
    Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    Hey Quaker

You know of any good off-roading places around Western Ohio? I've gone online and googled the shit out of it...but...nothing like good pictures and experiences...etc.

9. Oct 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I just found out about this place from another TW'er in Dayton. He's been riding out @ Haspin Acres in Laurel, IN. Go! Check it out! Give a report!

Would like to get out there sometime soon, it's less than a 3 hour drive for me from Columbus. The 6/7 hour trips to PA/KY are long drives.

10. Oct 24, 2013 at 5:22 PM
    moto932

moto932 What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    heres a link to my vids from one of our trips to haspin earlier this year. the gopro doesnt show just how steep some of these hills are.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tacoma-videos/267498-moto932s-videos.html

11. Oct 25, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Not much BSing tonight. Cleaning up a D/S FJ seat!!!

12. Oct 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:

Awesome vids. I don't have any mudding tires on my Taco yet...but I really just want to get out to some of these places and see what it's like to get on a trail. I've always been a sports car tuner guy...this is all pretty new to me.

13. Oct 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    Looks like I'm gonna have to take the Taco to the dealership. Got some sort of clanking going around. Blah

14. Oct 28, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Yikes! Clank is no good. When/Where does it happen?

15. Oct 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:

Well, here are the symptoms/etc that Ive found

1) Going from a complete stop, I let the brake go and let the truck go forward without pushing the gas. after about 10 mph, it starts a slow "clanking" noise...for lack of a better way to describe it. It's not loud, but very noticable. If I go faster, the noise gets faster.

2) If I just tap the brakes, not enough to stop the truck...but enough to get the pedal to stiffen up a bit, I can hear a clank noise...like something is loose and is now tightened up. I can sit there and keep lightly taping the brakes and it recreates the noise every time. HOWEVER....it stops if I press just a little harder on the brakes while still going forward. It's almost like pressing the brake is engaging the thing thats clanking and the pressure is tightening whatever it is up.

3) If I hit bumps...same clanking noise...only it sounds like something is "jingling" around.

I looked online for the different symptoms...and there were so many things that it could be, I kind of gave up. I just got it...so it's still under warranty. Gonna let the dealership worry about it.

Someone mentioned transmission...but I find that hard to believe just because I can hear the noise on the left side...but not the right...not to mention the things I found out from troubleshooting...just doesnt seem to add up to the transmission. Who knows though.

16. Oct 29, 2013 at 10:21 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Take her in, got the warranty. As a tech, I always liked noise complaints, I'm pretty good at finding/IDing noises. Noise from the front or back end?

17. Oct 30, 2013 at 5:28 AM
    Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    Sounds like its coming from the front left tire. I've tried pushing the front end around...trying to see if the suspension would creak...nothing. I've grabbed ahold of the tire and shook it back and forth...nothing. The only thing I havent done...is take the tire off and actually inspect things. Only reason I havent done that is cause it's cold and its been raining....and I'm a big wuss when it comes to cold weather.

I should also add that I had a friend drive by me, so I could listen to each side of the truck....just to try to pinpoint the possible location. Like I said above...seems to be front left.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  18. Oct 30, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    Has anybody done anything with the brakes recently? If so maybe a caliper bolt could be missing/loose, would have these same noises. Check them both out in the front for missing or not torqued caliper bolts. Have seen it happen on Toyota's and a few other makes.

19. Oct 31, 2013 at 8:05 AM
    Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan Member

Member:
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    I took it to the Toyota dealership and they found that the two things near the middle (in the pic) were loose. Something about spring tension..yadda yadda....so they ordered some new parts for me and theyre going to be installing them on Monday. All free of charge.[​IMG]

20. Nov 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
    That Dude Tim

That Dude Tim Toyota Technician

Member:
    Elyria, OH
    Vehicle:
    11 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Falken Wildpeak AT3/W, BLK Mk6, ICON's, Firestone Ride Rites, SHLM, Rear view camera switch, 7-pin in bumper, Lighted 4x4 switch, ImMrYo bracket, mudflap delete
    Good to know. Still not sure what items, would need to see a pic of them. If it's the brake pad retention pins, they usually rust in place and become stuck. Other than that possibly that spring plate thing between the brake pads. Either way good to hear that it's going to be fixed very soon.

Products Discussed in

To Top